System Upgrades

Game related announcements.

Moderators: Kenya, webearthonline

webearthonline
Global Moderator

System Upgrades

Post by webearthonline »

The system has undergone a major upgrade which includes all software from top to bottom.
This includes the forum, databases, php engines, Apache, Apache add on systems, and the game and other apps that run here.
This has taken a fair amount of effort but had to be done to keep the system safe in the current cyber world we live in.
I am going to leave 2 worlds enabled to help consolidate existing players.
weo
actualScarikas
Bluebird Chick

Re: System Upgrades

Post by actualScarikas »

been seeing a lot of warnings in the php debug, but some other players in the discord have said the worlds are working much better now that there's more resources for the remaining two. i'd have to test it for myself before confirming, though.

i will reiterate i think all the worlds would benefit from a full wipe and refresh.

edit: i can confirm the disabling of half the worlds has improved the performance of the remaining ones a lot!! the lag isn't completely gone, but it's possible to actually play as mammals now.
Mata - she/any
Previously known as Scarikas and Arma.
deviantArt
tumblr
YouTube
Join my WEO Discord!
webearthonline
Global Moderator

Post by webearthonline »

All worlds did get a complete wipe and refresh.
Hard to say where other performance improvements might be as there are a lot of system components.
I saw some php warnings here in the forum.
After a permissions tweak the ones I saw are gone now.

Also, the forum as well as all parts of the system can now be accessed using secure https:// protocol.
weo
actualScarikas
Bluebird Chick

Post by actualScarikas »

i see! well whatever was done, or a combination of all of that was done, has improved gameplay immensely. i've been seeing a few more players on as well.

i also wanna suggest that the "players online" counter does not seem to be accurate and may need to be tweaked as well.
Mata - she/any
Previously known as Scarikas and Arma.
deviantArt
tumblr
YouTube
Join my WEO Discord!