Off-Topic Topic

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Myann
Adult Bluebird

Re: Off-Topic Topic

Post by Myann »

I have a server if you guys want to join c:.

click please :3
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

I just figured out that since I use 64-bit Java which I need for Minecraft, I also can't play WEO while I have it. I literally need 32-bit Java in order to play the game and I can't have both at once or else everything seems to get jumbled up.
Ah, I'm so glad I'm not too lazy.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Lol, and Myann, what is your server? :3
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Myann
Adult Bluebird

Post by Myann »

It's not on all the time, but i'll pm it to you :3

click please :3
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

Foxesrule wrote:Just started playing Minecraft...

Spending my time keeping the chickens IN their pen...Not brave enough to try out 'Easy' mode yet... XD
Oh YAYYAYAYAYAYAYAY! I am hoopyscoop on MC (Extremely obvious. My name on every game is... Hoopyscoop, of course, on Lif I'm GreenLemonxD (don't ask. xD))(the animals getting out of their pens is a bug, btw)
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

hoopyscoop wrote:

Spending my time keeping the chickens IN their pen...Not brave enough to try out 'Easy' mode yet... XD
Oh YAYYAYAYAYAYAYAY! I am hoopyscoop on MC (Extremely obvious. My name on every game is... Hoopyscoop, of course, on Lif I'm GreenLemonxD (don't ask. xD))(the animals getting out of their pens is a bug, btw)
No, They keep on escaping when the gate is open.. XD Fortunately I've develeoped a way to stop that now... But it looks messy. XD

It's actually my brother's account, so my name is Arstemis. ;p
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

For foxes becoming a new mod...

I will post news of the newly discovered Martian Rat.... Sort of.... :D

dnews-mars-rat.jpg
dnews-mars-rat.jpg (182.95 KiB) Viewed 5810 times
A Mars rock that bears a passing resemblance to a rodent is scuttling across the Internet with gusto, even inspiring some fans to set up a Twitter account in its name.

UFO buffs spotted the purported "Mars rat" in a panoramic photo snapped in September 2012 by NASA's Curiosity rover. Zooming in on a portion of the image reveals what appears to be a rodent crouching between two rocks, its nose to the ground.

"It's a cute rodent on Mars. Note its lighter-color upper and lower eyelids, its nose and cheek areas, its ear, its front leg and stomach," Scott Waring wrote at UFO Sightings Daily back in December. "Looks similar to a squirrel camouflaged in the stones and sand by its colors

In an update to that post, Waring raised the possibility that NASA flew the rat/squirrel to Mars secretly, as part of an experiment testing out the Red Planet's ability to support life as we know it.

"Why would they not tell us about it?" Waring wrote. "Because the squirrel would be expected to die eventually and that would get PETA [People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals] to fight against them in a court of law."

The Mars rat has now gone viral, jumping from the pages of UFO Sightings Daily to more mainstream publications such as Discovery News, Fox News and a host of other outlets (including, of course, SPACE.com).

The rodent has even picked up its own Twitter account, @RealMarsRat. Just 49 people were following the rat as of Friday afternoon (May 31), but that's still pretty good for a rodent.

While some people seem to really believe that a squirrel is crawling around on the Red Planet (or was in September, anyway), the Mars rodent is actually an example of a psychological phenomenon called pareidolia.

Pareidolia refers to the tendency of the human brain to perceive animals or other familiar shapes in vague or random images. The phenomenon has fueled a great deal of excited speculation about the Red Planet over the years, most famously after some people saw a humanoid face on Mars in photos taken by NASA's Viking 1 orbiter in 1976.

And just this March, UFO Sightings Daily reported that an apparent animal, perhaps a rat or a lizard, lurked in another one of Curiosity's photos.

It's highly unlikely that a rat, squirrel, lizard or any other organism could survive on the cold, dry Martian surface today, researchers say, though some scientists think the Red Planet may still be able to support microbial life in select underground pockets.

Things were likely different in Mars' wetter and warmer past, however. Curiosity's observations led mission scientists to announce earlier this year that microbes could have survived on the Red Planet billions of years ago.
It has finally happened. Not content with (potentially) infecting the pristine Martian surface with our germs, it appears that we’ve sent a rat (yes, a whole rat) to the Red Planet. And this isn’t some far-fetched hypothesis, there’s photographic evidence!
NASA’s Mars rover Curiosity snapped the “Rocknest” site with its MastCam camera on sol 52 (Sept. 28, 2012) of the mission. Now, with a keen eye and fertile imagination, a UFO enthusiast realized there was a camouflaged rodent hiding in the rocks. Needless to say, there’s no other evidence supporting this claim, it’s just something that looks like a rodent.
But as you may have guessed, after exercising an ounce of logical thought, what was once a cute furry four-legged creature suddenly becomes… wait for it… this is a good one… a rock. And there you have it ladies and gentlemen: We’ve found a rock on Mars… that looks like a rat.

This certainly isn’t the first time shapes on Mars have fooled the brains of many. What’s more, there’s a name for this psychological phenomenon: pareidolia — possibly an evolutionary trait.

This psychological oddity makes us see familiar objects in apparently random shapes, such as Mars yetis, faces, elephants, black ops bases and parrots on Mars. Pareidolia is the same thing that makes us see the face of Christ in burnt toast and bunnies in clouds.
http://www.space.com/21390-mars-is-infe ... -rats.html
http://www.space.com/21396-mars-rat-cur ... photo.html

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

o-o

It's like a prairie dog! But it's so cute! <3

Also, I just finished a book about a fox. I really liked it, but then I found out the Author was the hunter that killed the fox so I started to hate him. ._.
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

Foxesrule wrote:
hoopyscoop wrote:

No, They keep on escaping when the gate is open.. XD Fortunately I've develeoped a way to stop that now... But it looks messy. XD

It's actually my brother's account, so my name is Arstemis. ;p
Those chickens... xD Evilll.

EDIT: I FINALLY did it! I fell asleep! :D Normally that's not as exciting, but this means I'll be able to see the FULL day. Alright, this is how it went...: I stayed up all night yesterday, then fell asleep at 3PM, THEN woke up at 9PM, and then 5AM, I'm so shocked and have no idea how I did it. owo

EDIT2: Image ...Oops... I think I went TOO crazy with TNT.... Let's do it again! :D
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Right now I'm laughing my head off at the picture. Sorry! xD

Also, In a club I just started to go to we make board games...But of course mine is to do with animals. And you need to eat. And drink. Haha, yes, a simulation almost. Except I'll probably make it so you're a bear about to hibernate...It makes more sense. :|
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Lol, I would ask you to send it to me when it is finished..... But I don't want someone to hunt me down and hold me ransom so my parents will pay all their money to get me back... So yeah. :3
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

NatureHeart wrote:Lol, I would ask you to send it to me when it is finished..... But I don't want someone to hunt me down and hold me ransom so my parents will pay all their money to get me back... So yeah. :3
I might take a photo of it so you can print it off or whatever. xD If you're serious. :P But then if you really did want to you'd have to make the counters and cards yourself. x_x B
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

You could take a picture of the board, cards, and send the instructions. I can take the cards and copy it however many times it comes up in the deck. :P I'm usin' my thinkin' box!
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Okay, that's unlike me. x) When it's done (Probably in 3 weeks from now. e.e) I might take a photo and send it to you in PM. Except my 3ds has a rubbish camera so it won't be great quality. xD
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

Found this epic show on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOBgPZFFlFY

Its called Evacuate Earth
Its NATGEO
So what's it about?

Everyone has ideas about the end of the world. But movies aren't so realistic on how. The earth is extremely old. So is life. Life has had asteroids chucked at it, volcanic apocalypses many times, and a handful of ice ages that nearly tuned the entire planet into an Ice ball. Is there a way to effectively destroy the earth. What about chucking a neutron star into the middle of the solar system. A neutron star is a stellar copse that is typically only 20-30 kilometers across. It is the result of a supernova, A small yet dense stellar core that is left over from a star that went supernova made mostly of neutrons. However it outweighs the sun by the thousands or even millions. A teaspoon of material from a neutron star should weigh around 4 tons. That's like an elephant standing on a spoon when your trying to pick It up. So throw that at the earth and the earth will certainly be completely annihilated. What would we do to protect ourselves. well nothing... except get out of the way! well how do we do this? Well build a starship and move another solar system, but how could we do this with our current technology?

yes this is what the NATGEO Evacuate earth show is about.

I think it is epic!

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...