Off-Topic Topic

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Re: Off-Topic Topic

Post by StarWolf »

Why thank you Alrai. XD I changed my name, since i'm known as Star pretty much everywhere except for Dragon Cave. .-. Will message you on Xat if I can't reslove the human drawing issue.
http://tea-shell.deviantart.com/

InGame name: Esari or Starwolf
I respond to StarWolf/Star or Teashell/Tea
Alrai
Baby Gecko

Post by Alrai »

And because I persuaded you to change it so things would be generally less confusing, perhaps? ;)
Sure thing, I'd be glad to help.
"Always be present."
-?
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

Eh, yha... that to. People in-game never seem to know who I am.. and it seems it was Xat as well. Still curious if Xat-Star and Weo-Star are alike. xD
http://tea-shell.deviantart.com/

InGame name: Esari or Starwolf
I respond to StarWolf/Star or Teashell/Tea
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

why should animals deserve to be in captivity?
I hope you realize that many pets who aren't abused actually have better lives than if they were in the wild? They are provided with shelter, food, and protection, whereas in the wild they have to work for their food, and fear predators; they typically live longer in captivity compared to the wild. And while keeping an animal in a cage its entire life may be unnecessary, an animal kept within a house, or even one within an exhibit at a zoo, is typically well looked after and cared for. Zoos don't want their animals to die, otherwise they will eventually lose profit. Nor do pet-owners, otherwise they've wasted their money and time.

Yes, I like seeing animals in the wild; such is the kind of pictures I prefer to take. But so long as an animal is well cared for, there is no harm in zoos or pets. Neither wants to lose their animals, their money, or their time.
And yes, as you know, there are those who abuse animals unnecessarily. However, I'm currently not addressing those people or places.
Artwork: Tumblr
wildchild
Cardinal Chick
Location: Right behind you and your in my way! Could you please move? Move please! MOVE MOVE MOOOOVE!

Post by wildchild »

Can I just say that I'm not against all types of captivity, though I am against zoos, and also that my friend made the group before he made me an admin so he picked the name, not me

edit: however, if you have facebook please feel free to voice yoour opinions on there :)
VOTE WILDCHILD FOR SHERRIF!

~May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favour...~

MagiStream Profile: http://magistream.com/user/CheyenneWarrior
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

I don't join anything on Facebook anymore, for various reasons. One being, so many scams and tricks have been brought to Facebook, I can only wonder what applications and pages are true anymore... *sigh*

I want to hear your side, though... Curious me is being curious.
Assuming you wouldn't mind?
wildchild
Cardinal Chick
Location: Right behind you and your in my way! Could you please move? Move please! MOVE MOVE MOOOOVE!

Post by wildchild »

Well i can assure you mine is real lol, but it's your choice of course, and yes i woul be happy to say my side, hmm where to start...

Ok, I guess I'll start with animals being in captivity as that's what has pretty much started this off. There are many ways of keeping an animal in captivity, not all of which i am against, the one I am mainly against is zoos and safari parks, these i do nto see as fun or a happy life for the animals. Even though they are in most places well fed and cared for, it is more likea prison. Yes it is harder to live in the wilder, yes it is more dangeorous, however at least they are living, at least they are doing what they are supposed to do, what they want to do. You can give an animal in a zoo as much food and water, as many friends and toys as you can, but it' still nothing compared to what they could have in the wild, animas such as elephants are used to travelling kilometres and kilometres every day and no matter how hard you try, you an't give them that in captivity. In captivity they down travel kilometres, they travel metres, around the sam enclosure over and over again, unil it becomes the exact same route, then the exact same pas every single time. A person would see an aimal such as a tiger doing this in captivity and say, "Look he is marking a protecting his territory!" far from it. He is performing a type of stereotypical behaviour, caused by extreme boredom, the people that come to the zoos and safari parks do not know this, if they did they probably have the right idea of not going, they don't see what is going on in the animals mind. They don't know that animals can go insane. Yes believe it or not they can, and animals in captivity have even been known to kills themselves, which although is rare, it has happened, so whats to say it own't start happeing more frequently. So yes, the owners of the zoos and safari parks don't want their animals to die, but they're helping them on their way to death.
VOTE WILDCHILD FOR SHERRIF!

~May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favour...~

MagiStream Profile: http://magistream.com/user/CheyenneWarrior
SouthernStar
Adult Rabbit

Post by SouthernStar »

I tend to go insane when I don't see people for a long time ._.

Also, wild, zoo's do treat their animals to interesting things, they even give them food puzzles to make them work for their food sometimes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcT4paZfflg
For science!
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

"Pacing." However, many animals also do have territories that they repeatedly visit throughout the day - or days. In which case, they do follow the same path over and over. Elephants have transformed the earth by doing so. And in fact, larger animals are given much more space, albeit sometimes unrealistically small, and social animals are provided with more of their own kind. Also- in the wild, animals are not given toys to play with. They have trees, rocks, water, food, and one another. Yet in captivity, they are provided with these things, and sometimes a bit more. If the animal is bored, then nothing more can be done. Zoos already provide the animal with space, toys, various scents and smells, different little treats, and so on. And if there are notable issues, then it would be addressed. As I've said, a zoo wants profit, and it doesn't benefit a zoo for animals to be sick, unhealthy, and unhappy. While animals cannot speak, it still tends to be noticeable if an animal is extremely unhappy.

Although... it is easy to mistake a happy animal for an unhappy animal when you don't know what to expect. Like foxes and their different sounds. Like this one. If you're listening, it sounds more like it's been neglected, in pain, or generally unhappy. But its behavior states that it's just a happy and excited fennec fox.
SouthernStar
Adult Rabbit

Post by SouthernStar »

Awwww, now I want a pet fennec fox ._.
For science!
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

I still want a Savannah. xD They're a serval x domestic cat cross. ^-^
But sadly, as should be typical with exotic pets or hybrids, they're expensive. :c

A fennec would get too loud... And at my house here, right now, it wouldn't be good what with all the cords out on the floor, and other junk lying around...
Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

Quagga wrote: Although... it is easy to mistake a happy animal for an unhappy animal when you don't know what to expect. Like foxes and their different sounds. Like this one. If you're listening, it sounds more like it's been neglected, in pain, or generally unhappy. But its behavior states that it's just a happy and excited fennec fox.
Haha! It sounds like it got all it's limbs cut off then promptly lite on fire! x'D I'm happy that's not the case, however.
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
ImageImage-Kill the disgrace!
Image-Destwoy!
Vargen Saphia
Adult Cardinal

Post by Vargen Saphia »

Xbox 360 live. My name there is Alien Invader on my main acc, but for some reason when we bought Gold Membership it said something like my main didn't have the preferences or authorities or whatever, so we logged in on my dad's acc ( he has one just even though he doesn't play ) and bought it there. So now I can only play on my dad's acc CrispierFob444 ( one more 4 maybe?) and not my main, which is a shame since I had unlocked some skin on AvP3 / AvP xbox.
ImageImageImageImage
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

Oh, and this one, as well. It's whining and nipping, but this fennec doesn't look like it's happy. However, it's just their way of showing happiness and affection. As is different with all animals.
Mook
Adult Mouse
Location: Walking through a store randomly hitting people on the head with an empty plastic water bottle,fun!

Post by Mook »

for some reason the URL code isn't working for me O.o
No Steps Backward.

Size 95 - 84857d