Project Waterfall Cave .x.x. Project Fire Ant

Post any WEO game-related discussion topics here.

Moderator: Kenya

NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Re: Project Waterfall Cave .x.x. Project Fire Ant

Post by NatureHeart »

Ive never seen them in the mountains, but they can climb trees! They are like King Snakes!
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

I probably won't help, (Sorry, I like being big animals :oops: ) but this seems interesting. I'm always interested in fire ants, so good luck with this project!
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
Grep42
Adult Gecko
Location: Cretaceous Mongolia; Hanging with my velociraptor friends.

Post by Grep42 »

I think, because they're always starving, baby fireants canabilize eachother. They could just be dieing on their own, but thats my opinion.
Vegan: The other white meat.
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

The Fire Ants probably have multiple litters because they are so weak.

Also, if someone could somehow find out if the Ant eggs are smaller than bluebird eggs(this would require both eggs to be in the same type of dens), then that could also help prove if the ants are actually smaller than any other animal- this would make the chances of them being able to access the waterfall a higher possibility.

As for the babies eating each other, I agree. All other NPC offspring can survive for about half a season before they starve or run out of water. Since ants only take a few minutes(or maybe even less) to mature, them ending up dead probably means something killed them(and the only thing else that seems to be inside the ant burrows are baby ants or the parents).
http://tea-shell.deviantart.com/

InGame name: Esari or Starwolf
I respond to StarWolf/Star or Teashell/Tea
xxsunlight
Bluebird Chick

Post by xxsunlight »

Good point, but how does one female have multiple litters? They're NPC's, and I didn't think it possible.
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

I think NPC's randomly spawn litters, despite rank. If 2 real people were rank 1 wolves, there would still be an npc pair who spawn with a litter to keep the population up.
Why multiple fire ant litters are spawned each spring, I'm not quite sure- but its probably because they are weak. (Bluebirds spawn litters more than wolves)
http://tea-shell.deviantart.com/

InGame name: Esari or Starwolf
I respond to StarWolf/Star or Teashell/Tea
xxsunlight
Bluebird Chick

Post by xxsunlight »

Hmm. Good point ^^
8jgb
Bluebird Chick

Post by 8jgb »

This sounds extremely intresting. I've noticed that fire ants go into my hole when there is some piece of food that is old and rotting and if I haven't been there for a while.
Edit: I tried to go into the waterfall cave as a baby male mouse an it said it did not exist. However as a dead baby male mouse it said this, "You are to large to fit into that." Has anyone tried to go into there when you are in the red zone?
Edit: I'm posting for my friend called "the_Doctor" in the game. She has recently sighted some fire ants that could'v have come out of the waterfall cave. The fireants were fairly young she said.
Edit: Just now she spotted an extremly old fireant. Way to old to be natural, actually she spotted two of them, here's a screen shot:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Swifty
Adult Mouse

Post by Swifty »

If you want to be not bitten by the ants (or at least not be poisoned) be a kingsnake, 'cause they're immune to poisons. That is why they prey on rattlers
There is an undeniable beauty in the color of blood...
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Just a small notice: If you're all sharing an account to get to the waterfall (which is pretty smart, nice job!) just note that if the account is reported for whatever reason it will still be banned and whatnot. So, please avoid going against the rules in WEO with that account; thanks!
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
Swifty
Adult Mouse

Post by Swifty »

Yeah, make sure to give it out to trustworthy peple only
There is an undeniable beauty in the color of blood...
Grep42
Adult Gecko
Location: Cretaceous Mongolia; Hanging with my velociraptor friends.

Post by Grep42 »

On the old fire ant subject, maby this means that mysterious fungus grants immortality.
Vegan: The other white meat.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

8jgb wrote:This sounds extremely intresting. I've noticed that fire ants go into my hole when there is some piece of food that is old and rotting and if I haven't been there for a while.
Edit: I tried to go into the waterfall cave as a baby male mouse an it said it did not exist. However as a dead baby male mouse it said this, "You are to large to fit into that." Has anyone tried to go into there when you are in the red zone?
Edit: I'm posting for my friend called "the_Doctor" in the game. She has recently sighted some fire ants that could'v have come out of the waterfall cave. The fireants were fairly young she said.
Edit: Just now she spotted an extremly old fireant. Way to old to be natural, actually she spotted two of them, here's a screen shot:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Off topic: As a fox I've lived older than that-It's natural. You just have to be skilled.

sort of On-topic: Fire ants don't seem to be scared of anything... They always attack my cubs/pups/chicks/snakelings... And often, myself...I think it's a mystery to why they do this. There's no way a fire ant can kill a bear cub with an angry NPC chasing it.
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

They are almost always missed because they are so small though! When I chase them in a cave, they are too fast! xP
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Summerbreeze
Adult Mouse

Post by Summerbreeze »

I need the information again for the account, I accidentally deleted it when my inbox overflowed.
You got enemies? Good, that means you actually stood up for something in your life. ♥