The Sims discussion thread

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

The Sims discussion thread

Post by SilentEcho »

If you don't know what Sims is, it's basically a simulation game where you can tell little people (known as sims) to do stuff. There are three base games (excluding medieval) and quite a few expansion packs.

Anyway, discuss sims stuff here.
If you don't know who I am by now, I'm just some girl who changes obsessions all the time.
Current Obsessions: Pokemon, TWD, Glee and The legend of Korra

Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Re: The Sims discussion thread

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

Haha, yeah...I once made a whole lot a giant cemetery. I don't remember if it was Sims 1 or 2...I think 1...why did they remove kids from the Sims 2 console? The Sims 1 had them so I don't see why...

Anyway, I love finding ways how to make their little lives miserable. But I have one character that I have named and modled after myself who lives like royalty.
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
ImageImage-Kill the disgrace!
Image-Destwoy!
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

This was I believe in Sims 2, but one time I had this family, I think a kid/teenager died, so the mother was mourning for her loss. By the way, the grave happened to be right in front of the house for some odd reason. Anyway, the Reaper showed up and the mother decided to, on her own, flirt with him.
I found it incredibly awkward to see her go from a depressed state to a flirty state after seeing the Reaper was there.

One time I didn't like this bratty daughter my couple had, so I locked her in the pool..

A handy way I found out to trap thieves was to sell the doors in whatever room he was in and to wait until the police arrived.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Post by SilentEcho »

Once this couple I made had a kid. I had those cow plants that eat sims ,I made a room full of them and locked the doors so that nobody could get in. Anyway, while the parents were at work I hired a nanny to look after the kid. Everything was fine and I just sat there on fast forward, looking at a tree when I saw a tab saying that my kid was going to be taken away because she was home alone. I didn't get why it said that and when the social worker came I realized the nanny somehow got into the cow room and gotten herself killed. Fun.
If you don't know who I am by now, I'm just some girl who changes obsessions all the time.

Jade
Baby Gecko

Post by Jade »

I want sims 3 pets. Nuff said.
Avis
Bluebird Chick

Post by Avis »

I have Sims 3 at home, I've never really played it, only on my phone, not on a games console. I only watch a relative play it.
I have played Sims 2, I always thought it had more of a story line to it than Sims 3, I do really want to try Sims 3 pets though.
Has anyone played Sims Castaway? I really enjoyed that, I like the idea of survival and living with nature :D .
Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come.

A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.

The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.
ImageImageImageImage
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

The only sims I have, are the ones rated E.. (Sim Animals, My Sims, etc...)
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

I had Sims 3 (Haven't reinstalled it since I wiped my laptop. I plan on it though.) and Sims 2 with the Pets expansion pack for both. I can never play a family very long before getting an idea and starting over, or just getting bored with them and making a new household. >.< And I always spend more time making/controlling my pets than my sims. |D
Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Post by Scarikas »

I have sims castaway. The main reason I don't play sims anymore is because of all of the glitches. Sometimes, completely randomly, sims will stand in one spot until they faint or pee themselves. I have no clue why.

And in sims castaway they seem to cook and cook and cook and throw away their food without even eating it even when they're not hungry. I'll have my castaway partners crowding into the kitchen whenever I get a chicken before I can set it on a chicken house. In other cases, a sim is always in the kitchen putting as much food as it possibly can in a bowl and then throwing it into the fire and then repeating. They waste ALL of the food and don't gather any. So irritating! I like monkeys better.

I have Sims 2 Pets, but I only bought it because I thought you could control the pets on the PS2. Such a rip-off!
I AM A BANANA.
OFFICIAL FURSONA HERE (I'm finally going to stop changing it)
Click in your free time if you will! ^^
ImageImage
Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

Jade wrote:I want sims 3 pets. Nuff said.
Ahh, I have that game for the PS3 and its very slow paced and wasn't...as fun...it seems to be to complex and watered down of a game to be any real fun. Plus, time seems to not skip as fast. Shame the PC version is the only one with horses.

Oh, and why did they make it a seperate game! Why not an expansion?! That's just stupid...
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
ImageImage-Kill the disgrace!
Image-Destwoy!
SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Post by SilentEcho »

Scarikas wrote:I have sims castaway. The main reason I don't play sims anymore is because of all of the glitches. Sometimes, completely randomly, sims will stand in one spot until they faint or pee themselves. I have no clue why.

And in sims castaway they seem to cook and cook and cook and throw away their food without even eating it even when they're not hungry. I'll have my castaway partners crowding into the kitchen whenever I get a chicken before I can set it on a chicken house. In other cases, a sim is always in the kitchen putting as much food as it possibly can in a bowl and then throwing it into the fire and then repeating. They waste ALL of the food and don't gather any. So irritating! I like monkeys better.

I have Sims 2 Pets, but I only bought it because I thought you could control the pets on the PS2. Such a rip-off!
Yeah you can only control the pets using a cheat :c

Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

I'm thinking of saving up for a Sims game for the PC or PS2. I'd quite like to have a pet on it and/or a family-Are there any Sims games like that on PC and/or PS2?
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

I think I'm going to get a Sims game that isn't E sometime in the next year or so xP
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
LunaWolf
Adult Gecko

Post by LunaWolf »

I enjoy the sims games. I haven't played it in a while, but I've got some architecture ideas, so I'll probably be firing it up again soon. One time I made a town that was populated by clones of only one guy. 8D
SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Post by SilentEcho »

how did you manage to do that?