Rant Thread

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Re: Rant Thread

Post by animalguy888 »

SilentEcho wrote:tbh I really hate out of uniform days.
uniforms? I'm assuming your not from america. I do not think we of the USA wear uniforms for school. We have our rules about what we are supposed to wear but there's no uniforms other then some special clothing for gym. Here in america everyday is out of uniform day. Schools here are less focused on uniforms are and more focused on giving students a good education. I could not imagine a day in a school uniform. For one thing i think it would look odd for myself a nearly sixteen year old short mexi-black dude with black Afro like hair and a mustache to be wearing something like that. The second reason i'm guessing is people of america actually encorage difference. I myself have my own choose of clothing. A pair of jeans and a simple looking shirt. Other teenagers might decide to were something different and that's what america likes.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

animalguy888 wrote:
uniforms? I'm assuming your not from america. I do not think we of the USA wear uniforms for school. We have our rules about what we are supposed to wear but there's no uniforms other then some special clothing for gym. Here in america everyday is out of uniform day. Schools here are less focused on uniforms are and more focused on giving students a good education. I could not imagine a day in a school uniform. For one thing i think it would look odd for myself a nearly sixteen year old short mexi-black dude with black Afro like hair and a mustache to be wearing something like that. The second reason i'm guessing is people of america actually encorage difference. I myself have my own choose of clothing. A pair of jeans and a simple looking shirt. Other teenagers might decide to were something different and that's what america likes.
I see... Well, here in my country in the UK we have to wear uniforms. It's one way to stop people from picking on each other's styles and we're easily recognized when on a school trip. But non-uniform day is for raising money for charity, where we bring 2 pounds for not wearing uniform. But non-uniform day on a PE day is just a pain...
Sorry if this got off-topic.
Image Image Image

"Parents spend the first part of our lives teaching us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up."
Game Name: Guardian
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

Afraid you're wrong, animalguy. I'm in USA, Pennsylvania. Although, I do go to a private Christian school... Nonetheless, we have a dress code, and a lot of private schools tend to have them. The elementary must wear white polos and navy blue pants and skirts/jumpers. The high school has a bit more freedom, but we must still wear navy blue or khaki bottoms, and a button polo shirt, but the shirt can be of any color. On dress down days, we must wear appropriate clothes - can't be too form-fitting, can't show too much skin, shirts must have sleeves, can't have words on the shirts, although typically images are fine so long as they're also appropriate. Girls can't wear shorts for fear that they'll wear short-shorts.

One reason for a dress-code is the culture the school is trying to create. Do you want a Christian school filled with improper, messy-looking young ladies and gentlemen? It would be ironic, and deter other families from coming. My school wants to show that we're mature young adults, and therefore, they create a dress code that keeps (mostly) everyone in line and looking proper. Of course, it doesn't stop a few from trying to push it... And it doesn't mean we're all happy about it. Many of us would rather wear jeans and a T-shirt than our uniforms. I included... But, oh well.

This is simply my school, though. I also agree, though, that a dress-down day on a gym day is obnoxious. It seems rather pointless...
Artwork: Tumblr
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Just to clear it up a little more, there are some schools in the U.S. that require "uniforms", while others, like the one I'm in, has a strict dress code. Especially since it's high school, I'm sure you can gather what I mean.
This is my little rant, but sometimes I wonder why some people even try to wear clothes if they're gonna wear something like that.
*Shivers*
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

Quagga wrote:Afraid you're wrong, animalguy. I'm in USA, Pennsylvania. Although, I do go to a private Christian school... Nonetheless, we have a dress code, and a lot of private schools tend to have them. The elementary must wear white polos and navy blue pants and skirts/jumpers. The high school has a bit more freedom, but we must still wear navy blue or khaki bottoms, and a button polo shirt, but the shirt can be of any color. On dress down days, we must wear appropriate clothes - can't be too form-fitting, can't show too much skin, shirts must have sleeves, can't have words on the shirts, although typically images are fine so long as they're also appropriate. Girls can't wear shorts for fear that they'll wear short-shorts.

One reason for a dress-code is the culture the school is trying to create. Do you want a Christian school filled with improper, messy-looking young ladies and gentlemen? It would be ironic, and deter other families from coming. My school wants to show that we're mature young adults, and therefore, they create a dress code that keeps (mostly) everyone in line and looking proper. Of course, it doesn't stop a few from trying to push it... And it doesn't mean we're all happy about it. Many of us would rather wear jeans and a T-shirt than our uniforms. I included... But, oh well.

This is simply my school, though. I also agree, though, that a dress-down day on a gym day is obnoxious. It seems rather pointless...
That is interesting. I guess i'm just not familiar with this since all my life i have been in public schools. We as well have a dress code but no uniforms.There are rules to what we wear but nothing like uniforms. In my opinion uniforms seem kind of stupid. There's nothing better then trying to stand out from the crowed. It gives me a sense of freedom and individuality. Like when I see a bird out my window and notice how free and different they are. The differences in birds are what makes them thrive. Like the differences in the eagles soaring and fish eating in the summer and hummingbirds fast flapping and nectar sipping in the spring. They way the leaves are different in the year. Like the pretty blossoms in the spring the green and the summer and the orange,yellows,and reds in the autumn. I do not know what it is but the thought of wearing uniforms seems bland and similar to me. The freedom of looking different compared to others it just really makes me think about things.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Post by SilentEcho »

I love wearing uniforms, it makes life so easy. And it's nice that poorer people won't get judged for their clothing. Out of uniform days are my least favourite days of the school year, I have to plan my clothes. (btw I'm extremely lazy and I can't be bothered with fashion)
If you don't know who I am by now, I'm just some girl who changes obsessions all the time.
Current Obsessions: Pokemon, TWD, Glee and The legend of Korra

Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

Err...I used to got to a strict private Christian school in elementary. If you were found in non-uniform, you were dropped a letter grade and given detention. All the kids behaved like brain-washed zombies and everyone seemed to hate me even though I obeyed very clearly. In fact, I was much to afraid to disobey. I suppose it was due to the fact I asked questions others did not. I'm so happy I'm out of that place.
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
ImageImage-Kill the disgrace!
Image-Destwoy!
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

animalguy888 wrote:On the inside i'm scared to death right now. I rarely get scared the only time i was this scared in my entire life is when i was twelve and was nearly abducted/kidnapped by someone at a ball park. Now i'm scared again. I'm not sure of what i saw today because we drove by so fast. But I can tell you its something worth being scared of.Just a little while ago I was riding the bus home from school. I was looking out the window as I always do when i saw graffiti on a wall. Seeing that makes my angry but the anger turned to fear when I tried to read it. it said... MS13 in bold letters. Then i remembered a documentary i watched once and knew who it was. MS13 the most violent,infamous,and deadly gangs that have gone global. reports of this one gang are all over the world. It frightens me to think that the could be so close to my neighborhood.

The yellow transit bus rumbled between two slums on a muddy road lined by rusting warehouses and sugar-cane fields in San Pedro Sula, an industrial city about 100 miles from the Honduran capital of Tegucigalpa.

It was late evening last December, and among the Christmas shoppers on board were warehouse worker Emilio Lopez and his 10-year-old son.

Six men in a van raked the bus with automatic-weapons fire. As passengers screamed and ducked, a gunman climbed aboard and methodically fired away, authorities said.

When the shooting stopped, 28 people were fatally wounded. One was Lopez. He died apparently shielding his son, Emilio, who was found wounded and hiding under a seat, the boy's mother, Maria Lopez, recalled.

"These people have no souls," she said of the gang known as Mara Salvatrucha, or MS-13.
A Ballard High School student called police last week to report that she was harassed and assaulted by gang members near her school after she tried to leave the gang.

The girl was waiting for the bus after school on December 1st, a police report says, when another girl approached her, began pulling her hair, pushed her to the ground, hit her in the face, and then fled.

Shortly after, one of the victim’s friends came up to her at the bus stop and warned her that a group of men were “running around the school with a baseball bat looking for her.” A police report says the members of the group are affiliated with MS-13, a Los Angeles-based Hispanic gang
WASHINGTON (AP) - Law enforcement officials from five countries said Wednesday they are struggling to deal with the street gang called MS-13 that is plaguing communities from the United States to Central America.

A meeting at FBI headquarters launched an unprecedented effort to make inroads against what officials called "a culture of violence."

"We're trying to build networks of communication for sharing historical and current data on MS-13 members," said Deborah Strebel Pierce, deputy assistant director for the FBI criminal investigative division.

Shorthand for Mara Salvatrucha, which loosely translates to guerrilla gang, MS-13 is a Latin American gang founded in Los Angeles by refugees from El Salvador. Members also come from Guatemala, Honduras and Mexico.

Never before has there been such an international law enforcement effort targeting a street gang, which in the case of MS-13 has mushroomed into the size of a small army.

El Salvador is trying to dismantle an MS-13 structure that numbers in the thousands, Douglas Omar Garcia Funes of that country's national police force told reporters during the daylong meeting.

U.S. authorities estimate MS-13 has some 10,000 members in more than 30 states.

Three members of the Los Angeles crew moved to the Washington area in 1993 to recruit, and by this past spring there were some 1,500 members in the area, an FBI official recently told Congress.

The FBI is coordinating a law enforcement investigative effort that other agencies and countries are carrying out. Pierce said a rapid flow of information among all the participants in the law enforcement campaign is a key to reining in the gang.

Police believe the stabbings of six teenagers last week in the Washington suburbs were the work of MS-13.

The gang has carried out beheadings and grenade attacks in Central America and hacked enemies with machetes in cities along the East Coast in the United States.

you see why that graffiti scares me?
That is scary! I understand that it scares you, but what is “Graffiti”? Is it like writing on wall?
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
animalguy888
Adult Gecko

Post by animalguy888 »

h00pysc00p wrote:
animalguy888 wrote:On the inside i'm scared to death right now. I rarely get scared the only time i was this scared in my entire life is when i was twelve and was nearly abducted/kidnapped by someone at a ball park. Now i'm scared again. I'm not sure of what i saw today because we drove by so fast. But I can tell you its something worth being scared of.Just a little while ago I was riding the bus home from school. I was looking out the window as I always do when i saw graffiti on a wall. Seeing that makes my angry but the anger turned to fear when I tried to read it. it said... MS13 in bold letters. Then i remembered a documentary i watched once and knew who it was. MS13 the most violent,infamous,and deadly gangs that have gone global. reports of this one gang are all over the world. It frightens me to think that the could be so close to my neighborhood.

The yellow transit bus rumbled between two slums on a muddy road lined by rusting warehouses and sugar-cane fields in San Pedro Sula, an industrial city about 100 miles from the Honduran capital of Tegucigalpa.

It was late evening last December, and among the Christmas shoppers on board were warehouse worker Emilio Lopez and his 10-year-old son.

Six men in a van raked the bus with automatic-weapons fire. As passengers screamed and ducked, a gunman climbed aboard and methodically fired away, authorities said.

When the shooting stopped, 28 people were fatally wounded. One was Lopez. He died apparently shielding his son, Emilio, who was found wounded and hiding under a seat, the boy's mother, Maria Lopez, recalled.

"These people have no souls," she said of the gang known as Mara Salvatrucha, or MS-13.
A Ballard High School student called police last week to report that she was harassed and assaulted by gang members near her school after she tried to leave the gang.

The girl was waiting for the bus after school on December 1st, a police report says, when another girl approached her, began pulling her hair, pushed her to the ground, hit her in the face, and then fled.

Shortly after, one of the victim’s friends came up to her at the bus stop and warned her that a group of men were “running around the school with a baseball bat looking for her.” A police report says the members of the group are affiliated with MS-13, a Los Angeles-based Hispanic gang
WASHINGTON (AP) - Law enforcement officials from five countries said Wednesday they are struggling to deal with the street gang called MS-13 that is plaguing communities from the United States to Central America.

A meeting at FBI headquarters launched an unprecedented effort to make inroads against what officials called "a culture of violence."

"We're trying to build networks of communication for sharing historical and current data on MS-13 members," said Deborah Strebel Pierce, deputy assistant director for the FBI criminal investigative division.

Shorthand for Mara Salvatrucha, which loosely translates to guerrilla gang, MS-13 is a Latin American gang founded in Los Angeles by refugees from El Salvador. Members also come from Guatemala, Honduras and Mexico.

Never before has there been such an international law enforcement effort targeting a street gang, which in the case of MS-13 has mushroomed into the size of a small army.

El Salvador is trying to dismantle an MS-13 structure that numbers in the thousands, Douglas Omar Garcia Funes of that country's national police force told reporters during the daylong meeting.

U.S. authorities estimate MS-13 has some 10,000 members in more than 30 states.

Three members of the Los Angeles crew moved to the Washington area in 1993 to recruit, and by this past spring there were some 1,500 members in the area, an FBI official recently told Congress.

The FBI is coordinating a law enforcement investigative effort that other agencies and countries are carrying out. Pierce said a rapid flow of information among all the participants in the law enforcement campaign is a key to reining in the gang.

Police believe the stabbings of six teenagers last week in the Washington suburbs were the work of MS-13.

The gang has carried out beheadings and grenade attacks in Central America and hacked enemies with machetes in cities along the East Coast in the United States.

you see why that graffiti scares me?
That is scary! I understand that it scares you, but what is “Graffiti”? Is it like writing on wall?
Yes and it is also illegal it is known for being used as territory markers for streeet gangs.

Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

animalguy888 wrote: Yes and it is also illegal it is known for being used as territory markers for streeet gangs.
It is also what the Romans used to do when trying to make a point about something. d: It's "graffiti", just different materials used. I think it was legal then, I don't remember..

Anyway, Kitsune has something to rant about.
A friend of mine, a senior, was bullied again in Oceanography class. She's a nice friend, a gamer, likes to draw anime style. Yes, it is an art, by the way. Just 'cause it's (obviously) overpopulated, doesn't mean it's not art. But that's another story. And I don't care if you were bullied worse. This is a rant, not a competition, so please consider that.
Anywho, there were a group of guys, you know, the ones that don't do anything in school and talk about drugs and probably did that smoking crushed smarties thing in middle school, and were being jerks during class. Every now and then they would call my friend's name. Especially when the teacher had to leave class. When the teacher was gone, she blew up at them a little, asking them what they wanted. I'm sure you know the "potty" word that was included with that sentence. The guys laughed and giggled like a bunch of hyenas. We didn't even know them, other than their lack of intelligence and (obviously) maturity. They stopped calling her name after that. After class I told the teacher about it because she knows my friend very well (since freshman year), so she understood completely and was heavily concerned. She said she'd keep an eye on them. Two classes later, today, they brought her up as a subject. They were at the other side of the classroom, so it was hard to make out what they were saying, but it was clearly obvious that they were giggling about her. She ended up blowing at them again, yelling how they think she can't hear what they're talking about. The teacher came in right after and said that this wasn't middle school. She stayed after class after that, but I didn't stay to hear about their conversation.
What really gets to me is why these "kids" choose to pick on random people. My guess is that they found her to be weak and so decided to pick on her, 'cause she's feeding them with her anger. I tried to get her around the idea that acting mad around them won't do any good, and so did the people around her, but she chose to stay mad instead. I had the same sort of incident when a few (different) groups of guys would call my name out randomly during class, and I ended up yelling at them to shut up, but they were kind enough to realize that it wasn't funny to me and that it was about time for them to stop. It's just people like them that irk me, and the kind that not only would I not like to deal with, but not even consider being "there". There as in in my life, my responsibility, my problem. The issue with me is that she's my friend, and I at one point wanted to yell at them too, but then they would probably target me as I would have fed them with my anger.
I don't really know what to do, but I held my responsibility as a true friend to tell the teacher, and now she'll hold hers by telling her and hopefully to talk about it. No one needs to deal with people like that.
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

A friend of mine also has similar issues, the only difference is that my class is more of friends than strangers or enemies. My friend gets picked on because of her reactions - she isn't able to come up with good comebacks, ends up backing herself into dead ends due to saying false information, and just her general reaction of being obviously bothered. It's a bit of her own fault for giving them that satisfaction, but they're also the ones being immature about it, as well. I feel bad about it, there's not much I can do to help. :c

So, I understand the issue. I just hope good comes of it unlike my experience <3
Artwork: Tumblr
Desinee
Baby Gecko

Post by Desinee »

animalguy888 wrote:
I live inside of Florida and every single school in my county wears uniforms.Even the public schools......
Let the odds be ever in your favor
~Des~
Game Status:Online
animalguy888
Adult Gecko

Post by animalguy888 »

Desinee wrote:
animalguy888 wrote:
I live inside of Florida and every single school in my county wears uniforms.Even the public schools......
yes I am now aware of this. I was not before due to the fact itt was unfimilar at the time.

Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Quagga wrote:A friend of mine also has similar issues, the only difference is that my class is more of friends than strangers or enemies. My friend gets picked on because of her reactions - she isn't able to come up with good comebacks, ends up backing herself into dead ends due to saying false information, and just her general reaction of being obviously bothered. It's a bit of her own fault for giving them that satisfaction, but they're also the ones being immature about it, as well. I feel bad about it, there's not much I can do to help. :c

So, I understand the issue. I just hope good comes of it unlike my experience <3
Ah, well I'm afraid that she'll become like that, but I'm glad she's going to a teacher now before it gets worse, and hopefully it is handled before it gets worse too. I saw how mad she got, she was explaining how she'd like to punch them in the face and how she'd like to kill them. She got pretty violent on that part, but I can understand due to being so agitated. She was bullied in the past, but she's always passed it off as nothing to bother with. Now, as a senior, I think she feels a little too confident about her maturity and is taking it to a whole new level, and I'm unsure if that "level" is a good idea for her.
I also feel bad as I can't do much either. I can't tell them to stop, because then that shows that they can target me as well. It's honestly better off to not even pay attention and then speak to the teacher when the time is right. They're just a bunch of kids that thinks drugs are cool (I've overheard them talking about a specific drug and how to use it) and that doing nothing in school is cool too.
But, as you said, I hope that tomorrow it'll be resolved in some way and that me telling the teacher about it right after class was a good start.
Thanks <3
Desinee
Baby Gecko

Post by Desinee »

I hate when people come onto the game and they act all nice and sweet then they keep inviting people to share a nest with you,then they begin to kill you chicks,then they incarnate into your last chick,then they kill themselves!Why do people do that?!I really need to stop letting people be my kids.
Let the odds be ever in your favor
~Des~
Game Status:Online