38%
Bears
No votes
Wolverines/Weasels
13%

Total votes: 8

Grep42
Adult Gecko
Location: Cretaceous Mongolia; Hanging with my velociraptor friends.

Popularity of Different Species

Post by Grep42 »

I want to find out what the favorite animal group is for a secret project. I know already that canines are going to get the win, but I want to double check. Please prove me wrong, I'm getting tired with wolves. They are great animals, very pretty and interesting, but severely overused. Also, it would be helpful if you post your favorite animal below.
Last edited by Grep42 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vegan: The other white meat.
MidnightRose
Cardinal Chick

Re: Popularity

Post by MidnightRose »

I actually prefer felines-- Canines, such as wolves are indeed pretty and stuff, but I like felines better... There's something about the mysterious ways of Snow Leopards and such seem to somehow live where they are. Cheetahs live in the heat of Africa, which I also find amazing even though so many other animals also live there. I guess I have a stronger bond to felines than canines.
In-game name: Midnightsky
Twitter
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Re: Popularity

Post by hoopyscoop »

MidnightRose wrote:I actually prefer felines-- Canines, such as wolves are indeed pretty and stuff, but I like felines better... There's something about the mysterious ways of Snow Leopards and such seem to somehow live where they are. Cheetahs live in the heat of Africa, which I also find amazing even though so many other animals also live there. I guess I have a stronger bond to felines than canines.
I agree. I do like felines much much better than wolves and the like. I’m not saying I hate wolves and other canines... It’s just that I think their over-used, as Grep said. It’s just that I’m more of a... Cat person? I dunno.
That wasn’t much of a detailed opinion... I can’t think of much more to say.
Since you asked my favorite animal... I will answer: All of the cats in the feline family... Like I said, I love felines.
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Re: Popularity of Different Species

Post by Alexander »

I picked reptiles 'cause turtles. My favorite turtle? Alligator snapping turtle.
I probably like other animals better, but turtles.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

I watch Call of the Wildman Alex, they caught one of those!

I picked felines. Strangle enough, wolves are my favorite animal! But, I seem to love cats more than dogs. They are so majestic and playful, and loving. It's a mystery why I love cants more than dogs, yet wolves are my favorite animal...
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

I watch Call of the Wildman Alex, they caught one of those!

I picked felines. Strangle enough, wolves are my favorite animal! But, I seem to love cats more than dogs. They are so majestic and playful, and loving. It's a mystery why I love cants more than dogs but wolves are my favorite animal... That might change...
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

My favorite species is not listed sadly. My favorite species of animal is the orca. It is nicknamed the killer whale for its varied diet. It's diet includes seals,sharks,penguins,dolphins,fish,blue whales, grey whales, other whales, etc. However there has been little to none orca attacks on humans in the wild. Its scientific name is Orcinus Orca.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Grep42
Adult Gecko

Post by Grep42 »

Sorry bout that, can only use land critters for my project.
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

Grep42 wrote:Sorry bout that, can only use land critters for my project.
In that case I do have a certain land critter that I find fascanatng. The bald eagle. The symbol of america. The symbol of freedom.

Short history lesson. America worships the bald eagle but almost worshiped the wild turkey. When the makers of america were deciding to choose the countrys symbol they voted. The turkey almost won but lost by one vote to the bald eagle. I am glad the eagle won because it would be weird to eat our country symbol every year on thanksgiving.

I like bald eagles because they are beautiful, intelegent, and the symbol of freedom.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Grep42
Adult Gecko

Post by Grep42 »

They are majestic, aren't they. I was actually considering eagles and hawks, but I have to find out if anyone would be interested in anything having to do with them. Right now, on all my sites, felines are winning.
Grep42
Adult Gecko

Post by Grep42 »

Thankyou, all eight people who participated. I will be opening a poll to see what the favorite feline is.
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

I prefer small mammals. For a pet? I'd take cats over dogs any day. Dogs are really loud(or in my experience) and bark all the time and it gets annoying. Not to mention they always try to lick my face off.
Cats are quieter and don't bother me nearly as much, and they'll cuddle to me at random times and once or twice Axel has tried to groom me(hilarious experience, but he seemed disgusted by how my hair tasted), so I'd count myself as a cat person.
Of course, I've always been curious about weasels and ferrets and hamsters. They seem pretty cool as well.
Back to cats... I think one of my favorite types would be the serval, ocelot, or lynx. There are others of course, but they aren't as well known(like the Bornean Bay cat).
http://tea-shell.deviantart.com/

InGame name: Esari or Starwolf
I respond to StarWolf/Star or Teashell/Tea
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

I would chose canine, since I love foxes. x3
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?