Survival 303 (Game Reccomendation)

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Survival 303 (Game Reccomendation)

Post by Scarikas »

ATTENTION:
This post was pasted over from a post on a forum by me that is not swear-restricted or restricted in terms of inappropriate behavior, As far as I know there is no inappropriate pictures or words in this post I made, but I'm just warning you now. If there are, the moderators can feel free to change them. The first warning post is a little insensitive, but it's what I told the members of the other forum to expect.
Also take notice that I fit into the character of Fluttershy on this forum, so I use a lot of emoticons with her in them.
There might also be some unknown BBCodes, if there are try to ignore them.
Due to this, I have taken out any size BBCodes due to differentiation between forums. I highly suggest you go to the other forum.
Do not try to log in to the other forum or get associated with it, I do NOT WANT to bring WEO members into other forums.
PLEASE.
To view the thread easily and not as an eyesore go here:

<Post has been deleted>

(Please share your opinions on this, it would make me happy <3)
WARNING: VERY LONG THREAD AHEAD.

Yay! I get to introduce a game to the WEO Forums !
BUT IT'S A ROBLOX GAME.
WARNING: Before reading further, please take to mind that Roblox is a game filled with people who can and WILL [/SIZE]
hate you. It is no educated community, and is full of 9 year olds who WILL curse at you, who WILL spam, who WILL call you a noob repeatedly, and WILL not take a joke. Many say that ROBLOX was made for profit-only purposes, and members with NBC cannot get very many advantages, which taunts them into getting BC for $5.45 a month (or around that price) Please PLEASE consider before taking this game too seriously, the community on here is horrible, but some games alike the one I am sharing are very, very fun to play.
Iapologize if pictures may appear too big, they were supposed to be smaller. Sorry

Anyway...

There's this game that I really want to introduce to the forums. First of all, for those who don't know what
Roblox is, it's basicaly a lego-like game, with studs and blocks that you can build with. Every member has the choice to make a game. You can build and use other's scripts to make a game, or you can take a crappy wiki's lesson on how 2 LUA.
(the horrible community)
LUA scripters are very advanced in the Roblox Community. Most modern-day games are tycoons and obbys,[/INDENT]
and fighting games that do not require much LUA scripting at all. Some decent games, with good, creative, original material may make you feel like you're in an actual testing facility. The very few creative minds of LUA that remain on ROBLOX have had games that have lasted for years, and I'm about to introduce the community's favorite of Davidii's Survival series.

SURVIVAL 303 (Yes I took this screenshot myself)
ImageImage
SUMMARY:
Survival 303 has been featured many times in ROBLOX Wikis. I have been playing the Survival 303[/INDENT]
series since Survival 101 first came out. The game is what seemed like the perfect island survival game I've always dreamed of, and I immediately got obsessed with it. Basically, in Survival 303, you will spawn on one of the many islands. Your mission is to survive and put yourself on the highest level that you can before ROBLOX decides to be poop and disconnects you within 4-5 hours. This doesn't happen on the best computers, but still be aware. In this game, you need to survive by yourself and make better things based off of the materials that you can work with. As far as I've heard, Survival 303 was after a worldwide apocolypse, after the "players" escaped from the cityscape and found isolated islands to live on. But it is still possible to rebuild cities, villages, and humanity. I personally like being alone the whole time, I'm not a big fan of big villages or responsibility for tribe members. You choose which path you take, Trader, Warmonger, Oligarch, Thief, anything. In some occasions, people put themselves in charge of other tribes by forcing them to pay taxes. Most of the time this doesn't work, because a tribe they try to force into paying ends up being ten times as powerful as the oligarchy, and kills them the instant that they get aggressive.
I'm going to stop here because this summary is getting way too long.

http://www.roblox.com/Survival-303-place?id=4321846
(Requires account to play, you can enter as a Guest but you cannot talk and cannot hear what others are saying. 13 or under accounts cannot talk or hear others either)

Things that you can do:
  • Farm
    Have chickens
    Milk Cows
    Make cheese
    Make soup
    Make pie :3
    Make wieldable platforms
    Make flags
    Make armor
    Hunt animals
    Fish
    Craft buildings
    Make bridges
    Make land vehicles (That are somewhat slow)
    Forage materials
    Make Bakeries
    Make Awesome Frigates
    Lead Tribes and assign jobs
    Trade with others
    Make people (No, not reproducing, I mean litteraly MAKE people, from bread and gold coins)
    Sail boats
    Explore caves
    Mine
    Raid
    Kill
    Steal
    Burn C:<
    Cook
Take to mind that this game is NOTHING like Minecraft. Most buildings are crafted and, oddly enough, fit in your tool menu to be placed and retooled anywhere you please. I will be introducing this later on.

If you want to have a huge introduction, tip-giving helpful advisory tutorial for the game, read the whole thread. If you feel like leeroy-jenkinsing into the game by yourself, then stop here.

First of all, let's get down to business.

STATS
This is one of the most important bars.
If any of these fall to 0, you will die a few seconds
afterwards and lose every tool that's not stored.

SKILLS MENU
SKILLS WILL NOT BE LOST UPON DEATH.
Forget stats, this IS the most important menu in the game. This decides what you can and cannot craft.
If you do not have enough skill to craft something, then upon crafting it it will tell you what level of the skill you need. Since I didn't train anything before taking this screenshot, All of my levels are 1.

Here's a list of how to increase skills, made by Edd1148 on ROBLOX:
(I did some tiny edits based on my experience)
Foraging ~ This skill I believe increases the speed of the Forage Tool. Can be
increased through usage of the Forage Tool, increasing in amounts of XP
relative to how big the object being foraged is.

Swimming ~ This skill increases the time you can stay afloat on the sea. Can
[be increased through usage of the Swim button which appears by the Stats
GUI when you jump into the ocean.

Carpentry ~ This skill enables you to craft tools/items involving wood as long
as your Carpentry level is met. Can be increased through crafting with
wood, increasing in amounts of XP relative to how how many requirements
the tool/item you crafted had. (I.e. 2 Sm Tree Stump > Hull)

Smithing ~ This skill can be increased through use of the anvil in creating tools and items. ( I.e. Handle + Refined Iron > Pickaxe/Axe)

Masonry ~ This skils enables you to craft tools/items involving stone as long as
your Masonry level is met. Can be increased through crafting with stone,
increasing in amounts of XP relative to how how many requirements the
tool/item you crafted had. (I.e. 2 Boulders > Stone Wall)

Shipbuilding ~ This skill enables you to craft ships. Can be increased through
crafting ships, increasing in amounts of XP relative to how many
requirements the ship you crafted had. (I.e. Hull > Raft)

Architecture ~ This skill enables you to craft buildings. Can be increased
through crafting buildings, increasing in amounts of XP relative to how many
requirements the building you crafted had. (I.e. 2 Sm Tree Stumps + Large
Leaves = Tower)

Crafting ~ This important skill enables you to craft tools/items in general. Can
be increased through crafting anything, including some starter recipes like String,
Rope, and Hemp. (Hemp is made from Small leaves + Small leaves, And everything
else is crafted down into from Hemp,) increasing in amounts of XP relative
to how many requirements the tool/item you crafted had.

Engineering ~ This skill affects the Medieval things you may create. It may be increased through creating Catapults and Carts.

Chemistry ~ This skill enables you to mix (craft) together ores/minerals - more
importantly the ingredients needed for gunpowder. Can be increased
through crafting ores/minerals together. (i.e. 2 Coal > Charcoal) Steel
Mix will not increase this skill.

Cooking ~ The level of this skill does not restrict you to cooking certain sizes of
food. Can be increased through cooking Bread, Pie, and other foods with the craft tool.

Farming ~ This skill enables you to make building such as the Hen House and plant seeds that require a higher farming level, such as Wheat. It can be increased through planting Berries, then Apples, then other fruits/seeds.

BLDGS. (Buildings) MENU AND TOOLS

The Bldgs. (Buildings) Menu is used to keep track of placed buildings. Upon
crafting the neccesary items together and making a building, it will appear in your toolbar.
If you were to craft a, say, Raft, it would appear like this:
(Note that a raft is not a building and cannot be retooled)
TOOLS WILL BE LOST UPON DEATH UNLESS YOU STORE THEM.
All weapons, tools, buildings, and vehicles will appear in your inventory like this.
Each tool (Building, vehicle, etc) can be stored by saying store/<itemnamehere> and it will be stored. When an item is stored, it will not be lost upon death. To take an item back out, say take/<itemnamehere> You can store and take quickly by saying letters from the tool. If I had no other tool or building in my inventory starting with "Ra" I could say store/ra to store my raft, and take/ra, r, raf, raft etc to take it out. It can be any number of characters from the word of the tool. If I have multiple tools starting in Ra, a random one will be stored. There is no menu of stored items, but you can say take/all to view them. You can only hotkey 10 tools at once, so open the "Backpack" button left of the bottom health bar to view all of your current tools WHILE they are taken. Tools that are stored will not appear in the Gear backpack.

TRIBES
Image is self-explanatory.
To talk to your tribe-only, type "t/<message here"
Please note that others who are near you will be able to hear
your tribe message localy as a bubble above your head, but it won't appear in public chat.

I'll quickly explain the tools that you saw in the BLDGS. MENU section.
-The blue outlined cursor with a brick next to it is used to move blocks. You cannot move
blocks that you have not yet foraged and placed.
-Forage is used to forage blocks. If something is foragable, then it's name will appear in the forage box that comes up upon selecting the tool. You cannot forage ores, which require a pickaxe to mine. You cannot forage water sources (Except for snow,) A part of a building, a part of the map, a part of a vehicle, or any other placed objects.
-Backpack (Not Gear Backpack) in your tool box is where foraged items go. Click them in your backpack and a transparent preview of where you want to place them will appear and follow your cursor. Click anywhere near you to place it.
-Eat/Drink eats food or water that's on the map by clicking it. Portions of the food will show when mousing over them.
-Craft is the most complex and almost important tool. Click two once-foraged items (Or objects created from buildings such as lumbermills and quarrys) to add them to the recipe. The recipe must be in an exact order, so if you don't get something the first time try different orders of it. The order is usually based off of what you start with. Say, if you were creating a pickaxe, most of the time you would start with a handle and then put a carved stone on. You wouldn't start with a carved stone and then put a handle on. So the recipe in order would go Handle + Cut Stone (Yes this is the actual recipe for a pickaxe, which cut stone is made from two small stones) Create Item will put the resulting item from the recipe into your backpack as an item. Create tool will put a building, vehicle, or hand-tool recipe into your tool box.
(Also, you cannot store your default tools, but you will not lose them when you die)

HAVE FUN

Tips and reminders:
  • Foraging will make your character freeze while the item is foraged
    Items will take longer to forage based on how large they are and how high your foraging skill is
    Boats can only be placed on water and are controled with WASD
    Your STAT health and your regular health bar under your tool box hold two different jobs. Your STAT health will still kill you upon reaching 0, and is affected by eating poisonous or raw items, being underwater for too long, or drinking dirty water. Your health bar beneath your tool box can only be affected upon getting hit with a weapon or attacked by an animal. Both of these bars refill over time, but if either of them empty you will die.
    If you have full health and you begin to drown, you will have some time before your health lowers to 50. After it lowers to 2, that's when you need to get out. Stay under for much longer and you will die.
    Saying store/all will store all of your stuff, and can be said before respawning.
    You cannot store an item that you are holding, which can be useful if you want to have one tool out at all times.
    Buckets will lose all portions when stored.
    Clicking "Swimming" will make you hop up, allowing you to surface onto land easily
    Wings or back accesories will weigh you down in water and you won't be able to swim. Normal hats will still weigh you down, but you can still stay afloat and get onto land (Though you will not hop as high). If you still have trouble getting up even with a hat, you can drop it on the island by facing the island and pressing =, then jumping up and retrieving it.
    If a random tribe gives you food, it could be poisoned.
    Pressing E with your backpack open will empty everything out where your cursor is. Be careful!
    People will try to kill you upon hearing the word "No." Be prepared.
P.S, here's a very good guide that you should follow, which is where I got the skill methods:
http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.as ... D=64639326
The recipes on that guide aren't the most updated. This one is missing very few (as far as I know, 3) recipes, but is the most recent one I can find.
http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.as ... D=64639326
(Improved compost is Compost + Woodchips and Process Item)
Last edited by Scarikas on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
I AM A BANANA.
OFFICIAL FURSONA HERE (I'm finally going to stop changing it)
Click in your free time if you will! ^^
ImageImage
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Re: Survival 303

Post by NatureHeart »

This looks really cool!
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick