I Need Advice

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Mook
Adult Mouse
Location: Walking through a store randomly hitting people on the head with an empty plastic water bottle,fun!

I Need Advice

Post by Mook »

This has nothing to do with the game...

anyone know how to deal with arguing parents? Mine have argued for years, everytime it gets rough. My dad leaves and "Moves out", he stops paying the bills and harasses my mom for days on end about something not worth throwing a fit over and turns off her cell phone and the internet. Sometimes one of them brake a door or two trying to get in a certain room, sometimes they end up with bruises, things get broken (a BBQ grill), they yell all night wrong sometimes, a couple of times police have been involved, sometimes they drag me and my sisters in it by trying to hide something in our rooms...

I've tried talking to them to solve it but they won't listen.

I NEED ADVICE! THEY ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY!
No Steps Backward.

Size 95 - 84857d
Kenya
Global Moderator

Re: I Need Advice

Post by Kenya »

Going to move this to the Off-Topic forum.

Personally, I don't think you should get involved. Yes, they are your parents but they should be handling things themselves. It could be dangerous if you or your sister get involved, seeing as things have been broken. If anything, I really highly recommend calling Kids Help Phone...I know most people are scared of calling them, but in reality they can help a lot. If you're scared about them tracing your call or something, you can always call them on a pay phone. They listen, and they will help (and trust me, they help a lot ;D). Not that I've called, but I've listened in on a friend who had to call them. They understand where your coming from, and try to help in any way possible.
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
Mook
Adult Mouse
Location: Walking through a store randomly hitting people on the head with an empty plastic water bottle,fun!

Post by Mook »

alright thank you Kenya ^^ -looks for a phone book to find the number-
No Steps Backward.

Size 95 - 84857d
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Mook wrote:alright thank you Kenya ^^ -looks for a phone book to find the number-
You can always find it online, or on some types of candy (like Smarties boxes xD).
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
Mook
Adult Mouse

Post by Mook »

alright ^^ I found their number... Thanks for everything Kenya :mrgreen:
No Steps Backward.

Size 95 - 84857d
Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

I have never really dealt with broken up parents since mine had long gone went their seperate ways when I was very little. Though, my step father was a big jerk, yet my mother was head over heels for him. He died but I'm saying hope one of them dies or anything...and I agree with Kenya. Even though my step father was a jerk I didn't try to get involved because my mother is not the brightest person in the world and it would be a lost cause. If you parents do split up you might as well accept it. You won't be alone.

I actually did call a number like that and told them all about it. It REALLY helped and took lots of stress away from my life. When that man finally died, I felt no pity or anger. Just sweet relief that I had survived.
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
ImageImage-Kill the disgrace!
Image-Destwoy!
Lex
Adult Bluebird

Post by Lex »

I had the same problem. =/ It got verbal at times, in front of me and my brother. They got divorced. I was glad, but at the same time, a bit upset.

I tried to step in, whether something happend to me or not. I mean, to me, would you want to watch your mom get harassed by your dad 24/7? Not realy. Mybe try to stay out more? Or talk to your parents?
Mook
Adult Mouse

Post by Mook »

well divorce papers have been involved twice in their marriage, neither times fully going through. They had fought like this my entire life and i've had enough. They've tired marriage counciling which was a complete fail.

Thanks for the advice guys! Its greatly appreciated :mrgreen:
No Steps Backward.

Size 95 - 84857d
wildchild
Cardinal Chick
Location: Right behind you and your in my way! Could you please move? Move please! MOVE MOVE MOOOOVE!

Post by wildchild »

I agree with Kenya also, another thing, try talking to them again also, be perisistant. Just do one at a time, try to catch them when they're in a good mood, that's the best advice i can give you on that subject because my mum has always been very easy to talk to about what happened to me in the past.
VOTE WILDCHILD FOR SHERRIF!

~May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favour...~

MagiStream Profile: http://magistream.com/user/CheyenneWarrior
nikikay
Baby Mouse

Post by nikikay »

My parents used to fight all the time. One night they were fighting over something so little and my dad was yelling and breaking thing and saying he was going to shoot him self to see if that made things better. I finally got tired of it and flat out cursed at them both. Ever since then they have never fought again. (Now im not suggesting that you curse at them or anything.) I also moved in with my aunt untill they got their heads on straight. I know they will never fight again, because I said if they did im moving out for good. Why do parents fight over nothing?
ImageImageImageImageImage "Ill stop the whole world. Ill stop the whole world, from turn-in into a monster, and eating us alive!"
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

Because parents get stressed out over things, too. The only problem is that, personally, it sometimes seems like parents think that us kids are too young to provide any help. And it would be because they've lived longer and experienced more than we have. And yes, it may be true for some things, but sometimes I can't agree...

My mother has before decided that I do some things just to spite her. No matter how much I absolutely insisted otherwise, she, calmly, said something relating to me just lying to myself or not realizing it. And it's very annoying, the fact that she thinks she knows me better than I do... The fact that she doesn't even consider it a possibility, the fact that she's pretty much calling me a liar in front of me...
Artwork: Tumblr
nikikay
Baby Mouse

Post by nikikay »

Quagga wrote:Because parents get stressed out over things, too. The only problem is that, personally, it sometimes seems like parents think that us kids are too young to provide any help. And it would be because they've lived longer and experienced more than we have. And yes, it may be true for some things, but sometimes I can't agree...

My mother has before decided that I do some things just to spite her. No matter how much I absolutely insisted otherwise, she, calmly, said something relating to me just lying to myself or not realizing it. And it's very annoying, the fact that she thinks she knows me better than I do... The fact that she doesn't even consider it a possibility, the fact that she's pretty much calling me a liar in front of me...
I know how you feel. My mom treats me the same way. And sometimes my parents fight over stupid things like who will change my baby brothers diaper... now that is immature. And they think IM immature.
ImageImageImageImageImage "Ill stop the whole world. Ill stop the whole world, from turn-in into a monster, and eating us alive!"
wildchild
Cardinal Chick
Location: Right behind you and your in my way! Could you please move? Move please! MOVE MOVE MOOOOVE!

Post by wildchild »

Poor, poor you Nikikay, it must be so hard for you, seriously though. Is that all?

nikikay
Baby Mouse

Post by nikikay »

No thats not all... They fought over dinner, where to eat, one time my dad thought my mom was cheating on him so he threw all of her stuff outside, but all it was was that my mom had to stay after work for a little bit. And much more...
wildchild
Cardinal Chick

Post by wildchild »

Oh Bob, I'm so sorry, I can't beleive I jsut said that. I truly didn't mean to lash out or be mean like that, honest, I'm sorry. This is just a very touch subject for me, you see, me and my mum were abused by my dad when I was little