Falling Shadows-Story. Needs comments and opinions.

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Falling Shadows-Story. Needs comments and opinions.

Post by Foxesrule »

Alright, another story! Like my other story on this forum, it's a fantasy. A modern fantasy, though. Since I don't know much about sky-diving, some of this may and probably will be inaccurate. And it's not finished yet. And sorry if it's similar to another story. I mean like, a book. If it is, sorry! I don't know any books like this story.

Chapter one
A new discovery
“Are you sure you’re gonna be alright?” Mike asked, cautiously. Pearl’s parachute had taken a bit longer than normal to get out last time she’d done a sky-dive. That had taken her confidence away a tiny bit.
“I guess so.” Pearl shrugged, putting the parachute ‘parcel’ onto her back. She was ready for the sky-dive, and naturally was nervous. Mike grinned a bit, as if saying ‘yeah, as if.’ But in reality he shouted, since the plane was quite noisy as Pearl was closing near the edge.
“Good luck!” he made the thumbs-up sign, as Pearl jumped off the plane. Even though her instincts screamed for her to...Scream, Pearl knew she had to pull the parachute up, and ta-da! She would be pretty much safe. Pearl hadn’t even noticed she’d already done it, but then realised she could have pulled the parachute out when she was still on the plane. But Pearl could tell something was watching her. Not the birds or other sky-divers that may be sky-diving. Something else. And then she saw it. A huge shadow, soaring closer and closer to her. (Although, it was still quite far away.) And then Pearl gasped. She knew what it was-And she wondered if she was seeing things. It was obvious-A dragon! But surely they don’t exist...? But Pearl had seen one, with her very own vivid green eyes, so they must be real... Then suddenly, the dragon seemed to fall down from the sky, as if shot in the wing. Pearl gasped as she saw it plummet down, and waited slowly for her feet to touch the hard ground.

Once Pearl had got all of her gear off, she walked off to where the dragon had landed. The dragon was lying on its side, and moaning with what seemed like pain. It seemed pretty big, with emerald green scales, and some sky-blue scales on its wings. It had a small, blunt horn on the tip of its snout and some longer, slightly sharper horns on its forehead. It had scaly wings, which were twice its size. It had 4 feet and legs complete with claws as sharp as knives, but Pearl noticed its left back leg was injured. Turning her head to check its long, slightly spiky tail, Pearl sighed with relief when she realised it was only its left hind leg that had been injured, luckily. Tiptoeing quietly closer to the dragon, as not to disturb it, Pearl reached out her hand to touch the wound when she heard someone-Or, more than one person- shout:
“Alright, hands up!”
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?