2012 whitch is it doomsday,war,or nothing?

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

What do you thnk?

Its the end of the world!!!
No votes
It could possibly be a world war...
No votes
nothing's going to happen.
100%

Total votes: 16

animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

2012 whitch is it doomsday,war,or nothing?

Post by animalguy888 »

There are prophecies and oracles from around the world that all seem to point to December 21, 2012 as doomsday /New World Age . The ancient Mayan Calendar, the medieval predictions of Merlin, the Book of Revelation and the Chinese oracle of the I Ching all point to this specific date as the end of civilization. A new technology called “The Web-Bot Project” makes massive scans of the internet as a means of forecasting the future… and has turned up the same dreaded date: 2012. Skeptics point to a long history of “Failed Doomsdays”, but many oracles of doom throughout history have a disturbingly accurate track record.

Prophesies from many traditions from all over the world over speak of a great transformative shift that is happening in the years around 2012. The Mayan calendar comes to a close on December 21st 2012. The Q’ero Shamans of Peru speak of this same timeframe in their prophecy called Pacha Kuti which is the time in which they say that the luminous ones will return and the world will be turned right side up again. The Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Cherokee, Maori, Jews, Christians and many others have ancient prophesies that speak to the nature of this very crucial and amazing moment in time. We are documenting much of this traditional knowledge and more in this research project.

Many analysts and experts are now saying that something BIG is coming... Greatest Depression , rising tensions in Middle East (Israel, Iran, Lebanon, Syria, Palestine....) and South Asia (India –Pakistan), Russia is getting stronger and making strategic moves, China silently emerging as a serious threat to the Super Powers.. all fully prepared and loaded with Nukes for a possible War! Ready to take avenges (cold wars and WW2). The World War 2 ended by the Nuclear explosions ( Hiroshima and Nagasaki ) and now experts predicting that the WW3 (The Greatest War) will start by a Nuclear attack on Israel, Iran or Pakistan… near 2012 that will transit this Age/Civilization into the New World Age on 21st Dec 2012!

The majority of world's population is not involved in politics.. they are simple, innocent and common people.. this is not the matter of any country, any nation or any religion now… not any more! If this happens, each and every being on this earth will be affected!

We have launched "Project 2012" to research this topic and investigate the facts in the light of current global geo-political developments , astrology readings and sacred prophecies about End of days/ Age transitions and try to authenticate the possibility of a Nuclear War/ Armageddon before 2012.

Does the world have a couple billion fully stocked shelters to help humans survive nearby blasts and protect against radiation for months, and feed people for years, after the war?? Considering the VERY LIMITED time left, we are also researching to understand how we can practically and quickly create low cost nuclear protection bunkers for civilians, preserve and store agri stuff, seeds, dry food

and all other pertaining factors to survival after Nuclear Armageddon. Our objective is to educate people about what devastation a nuclear war could bring and how we can help each other to save ourselves from a possible nuclear attack...this is not just about 2012 prophecies .. but this makes perfect scene in the presences of thousands of nuclear warheads and other modern warfare weapons around the globe wholly for the purpose of Mass Genocide and Destruction! We will start publishing our research reports soon.

We all should gear up now and start thinking about our survival! There is no harm in keeping this thought in mind, live normal life but plan future smartly!
http://www.nowpublic.com/world/project- ... z1vpXUvcXy

The 2012 phenomenon comprises a range of eschatological beliefs according to which cataclysmic or transformative events will occur on 21 December 2012.[1][2][3][4] This date is regarded as the end-date of a 5,125-year-long cycle in the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar. Various astronomical alignments and numerological formulae have been proposed as pertaining to this date, though none have been accepted by mainstream scholarship.

A New Age interpretation of this transition is that this date marks the start of time in which Earth and its inhabitants may undergo a positive physical or spiritual transformation, and that 2012 may mark the beginning of a new era.[5] Others suggest that the 2012 date marks the end of the world or a similar catastrophe.[6] Scenarios suggested for the end of the world include the arrival of the next solar maximum, or Earth's collision with an object such as a black hole, a passing asteroid, or a planet called "Nibiru".

Scholars from various disciplines have dismissed the idea of such cataclysmic events occurring in 2012. Professional Mayanist scholars state that predictions of impending doom are not found in any of the extant classic Maya accounts, and that the idea that the Long Count calendar "ends" in 2012 misrepresents Maya history and culture.[3][7][8] Astronomers and other scientists have rejected the proposals as pseudoscience, stating that they conflict with simple astronomical observations[9] and amount to "a distraction from more important science concerns, such as global warming and loss of biological diversity."[10]
Some people have interpreted the galactic alignment apocalyptically, claiming that when it occurs, it will somehow create a combined gravitational effect between the Sun and the supermassive black hole at the center of our galaxy (known as Sagittarius A*), thus creating havoc on Earth.[94] Apart from the fact noted above that the "galactic alignment" already happened in 1998, the Sun's apparent path through the zodiac as seen from Earth does not take it near the true galactic center, but rather several degrees above it.[66] Even if this were not the case, Sagittarius A* is 30,000 light years from Earth, and would have to be more than 6 million times closer to cause any gravitational disruption to Earth's Solar System.[95][96] This reading of the alignment was included on the History Channel documentary, Decoding the Past. However, John Major Jenkins has complained that a science fiction writer co-authored the documentary, and he went on to characterize it as "45 minutes of unabashed doomsday hype and the worst kind of inane sensationalism".[97]

Some believers in a 2012 doomsday have used the term "galactic alignment" to describe a very different phenomenon proposed by some scientists to explain a pattern in mass extinctions supposedly observed in the fossil record.[98] According to this hypothesis, mass extinctions are not random, but recur every 26 million years. To account for this, it suggests that vertical oscillations made by the Sun on its 250-million-year orbit of the galactic center cause it to regularly pass through the galactic plane. When the Sun's orbit takes it outside the galactic plane which bisects the galactic disc, the influence of the galactic tide is weaker. However, when re-entering the galactic disc—as it does every 20–25 million years—it comes under the influence of the far stronger "disc tides", which, according to mathematical models, increase the flux of Oort cloud comets into the inner Solar System by a factor of 4, thus leading to a massive increase in the likelihood of a devastating comet impact.[99] However, this "alignment" takes place over tens of millions of years, and could never be timed to an exact date.[100] Evidence shows that the Sun passed through the plane bisecting the galactic disc only three million years ago and is now moving farther above it.[101]

A third suggested alignment is some sort of planetary conjunction occurring on 21 December 2012; however, there will be no conjunction on that date.[10] Multi-planet alignments did occur in both 2000 and 2010, each with no ill result for the Earth.[102] Jupiter is the largest planet in the Solar System; larger than all other planets combined. When Jupiter is near opposition, the Earth experiences less than 1% the gravitational force it feels daily from the Moon.[103]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon

so what do you guys think it? doomsday, World War, or nothing?

I think its nothing but also when I think about it tensions in the countrys are rising.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Grep42
Adult Gecko
Location: Cretaceous Mongolia; Hanging with my velociraptor friends.

Re: 2012 whitch is it doomsday,war,or nothing?

Post by Grep42 »

Absolutely nothing. The Mayas didn't predict the end, they just ran out of stone.
Vegan: The other white meat.
dinoman
Adult Mouse

Post by dinoman »

Not to mention they were interupted by being attacked by the Spanish. Or was that another civilization the Spanish attacked?
Grep42
Adult Gecko

Post by Grep42 »

The Mayans suddenly ended, it had nothing to do with attacks. In fact, it's one of the great mysteries of the world.
Lady
Adult Hawk

Post by Lady »

They did sacrifices to the point of dieing out is another theory. It's quite a gruesome process, I'd rather not explain.
But they weren't stupid. If they read the stars, eh, maybe some sort of explosion. But probably not the end of the world. I imagine it like some Mayan guy stopped making his calender at December 21st, 2012.
At this very same spot on April 23rd, 1898, absolutely nothing happened.-Sign at a gas station.
Is Blade (ID: 44687) Ingame.
Grep42
Adult Gecko

Post by Grep42 »

I think it was more of economic collapse than anything.
dinoman
Adult Mouse

Post by dinoman »

I don't think the Mayans had economy...
Grep42
Adult Gecko

Post by Grep42 »

Every society has economy. How do you trade for goods?
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

My History class said that the Spanish invaded South America and Mexico, and that the Aztecs were wiped out by pretty much disease(Of course, the Spaniards finished off the survivors).
So, it's possible that the Mayans encountered a European disease, right? Unless they were all dead by then. of course.
http://tea-shell.deviantart.com/

InGame name: Esari or Starwolf
I respond to StarWolf/Star or Teashell/Tea
Grep42
Adult Gecko

Post by Grep42 »

Mayans collapsed before the Spanish got there.
Lady
Adult Hawk

Post by Lady »

Grep42 wrote:Every society has economy. How do you trade for goods?
That's quite true, though they probably can't end their calender in 2012 just because of an economic collapse. Some may live off the land, making the end of the world impossible in that section. Though an economic collapse could happen this year. Otherwise, if the Mayans predicted it, it would be on the supernatural side.
At this very same spot on April 23rd, 1898, absolutely nothing happened.-Sign at a gas station.
Is Blade (ID: 44687) Ingame.
Grep42
Adult Gecko

Post by Grep42 »

No, im saying that they got tired of writing it. I'm just trying to prove my point about them not being conquered by the spanish.
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

They might have gotten bored with it... But, most of the societies back then were pretty determined.
Like, the Egyptians never got tired of making pyramids. The sacrificing societies never got tired of sacrificing to the gods. The religous people never got tired of trying to prove their Bob(or gods) was the one and only truth. They were more stubborn than most people are today and wouldn't just 'stop' something on a whim; they would probably want(or need) a good reason to stop a tradition(assuming that the calandar was a tradition to the Mayans).
Of course, we'll probably never know unless we make a time machine and go back to where it ended and find out.
http://tea-shell.deviantart.com/

InGame name: Esari or Starwolf
I respond to StarWolf/Star or Teashell/Tea
Crimson
Bluebird Chick

Post by Crimson »

December 21st, 2012 is the when the Fourth Wall seperating us and the MLP universe will break.
Well, either that, or nothing will happen. If so, I will be very disappointed.
Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Post by Scarikas »

If that happens I am going to explode with absolute happiness.
I AM A BANANA.
OFFICIAL FURSONA HERE (I'm finally going to stop changing it)
Click in your free time if you will! ^^
ImageImage