Wolfquest

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Re: Wolfquest

Post by animalguy888 »

Swifty wrote:whats DOS?
bassicly its a 1980 style PC MOst of their animal games for example WOLF and LION are way better than wolfquest ever was. while wolfquest seems to be to block headed to think about gameplay much. WOlf and LIOn may not have toadays graphics but the gameplay is totally awesome.
MS-DOS ( /ˌɛmɛsˈdɒs/ EM-es-DOSS; short for Microsoft Disk Operating System) is an operating system for x86-based personal computers. It was the most commonly used member of the DOS family of operating systems, and was the main operating system for IBM PC compatible personal computers during the 1980s to the mid 1990s, until it was gradually superseded by operating systems offering a graphical user interface (GUI), in particular by various generations of the Microsoft Windows operating system.

MS-DOS grew from a 1981 request by IBM for an operating system for its IBM PC range of personal computers. Microsoft quickly bought the rights to QDOS (Quick and Dirty Operating System), also known as 86-DOS,[2] from Seattle Computer Products, and began work on modifying it to meet IBM's specification. The first edition, MS-DOS 1.0, was launched in 1982.[3] The version shipped with IBM's PCs was called PC DOS. Although MS-DOS and PC DOS were initially developed in parallel by Microsoft and IBM, the two products eventually went their separate ways.

During its life, several competing products were released for the x86 platform,[4] and MS-DOS itself would go through eight versions, until development ceased in 2000. Ultimately it was the key product in Microsoft's growth from a programming languages company to a diverse software development firm, providing the company with essential revenue and marketing resources. It was also the underlying basic operating system on which early versions of Windows ran as a GUI.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS-DOS

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Summerbreeze
Adult Mouse

Post by Summerbreeze »

ummmmm.... AAAkkkkwwaaarrdd moment
You got enemies? Good, that means you actually stood up for something in your life. ♥
Swifty
Adult Mouse

Post by Swifty »

o3o;
Thanks AG c:
There is an undeniable beauty in the color of blood...
oceanpelt
Bluebird Chick
Location: He's the map, he's the map, he's the map! Yeah, I am lost.

Post by oceanpelt »

From what I have experienced form Wolf Quest is that the game is pretty good. They upgrade every once in a while, getting newer cooler features.

I would say single player is very good, a nice plot to how wolves live in the real world. Attack predators like coyotes, bears, and even hawks when they attack pups. Sadly, elk and hares are your only prey. Dead carcasses are very easy to find around you and other than the adventure, it is really easy to care for your pups. The graphics of the game are very good, on some computers the game is filled with lag.

For multiplayer,it is not very good. If you are only looking to play the multiplayer I suggest you shouldn't download it, if you were considering. The multiplayer can crash a bit on many networks. The chat log is very annoying, you can not say very much. Especially if you are looking to get a mate on there, they blocked out all the other words we used for it. Not very fun, even though they have added a few new features to it. Every upgrade, usually has more words that they block out.
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Summerbreeze do not try to bypass the filter. Swear words are not allowed here.
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

I'm just curious, what's your name on there?
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Flare
Bluebird Chick

Post by Flare »

I find WolfQuest quite amazing sometimes, but I'm usually on the forums. [I'm sSilvers, if you want to play/contact me.] So yes.

I don't see the whole objective of the game, I don't learn anything personally, but I have learned a few things on the forums. ;3 So if you are debating weather to choose the games or the forums, i suggest forums. :3
/////////////////////ѕ ι ℓ ν є я

////ωнαт σєѕη'т кι уσυ мαкєѕ уσυ ѕтяσηgєя
////////////////ѕтαη α ιттє тαєя
Lysander
Baby Mouse
Location: Why is this tomato orbiting in space at 4.8 miles per second?

Post by Lysander »

Wolfquest was cool, you know, until they blocked out every single word in the dictonary.
hello. my name is gabriel and sometimes i draw
my art: http://drhastielanyon.tumblr.com/
Flare
Bluebird Chick

Post by Flare »

oceanpelt wrote:From what I have experienced form Wolf Quest is that the game is pretty good. They upgrade every once in a while, getting newer cooler features.

I would say single player is very good, a nice plot to how wolves live in the real world. Attack predators like coyotes, bears, and even hawks when they attack pups. Sadly, elk and hares are your only prey. Dead carcasses are very easy to find around you and other than the adventure, it is really easy to care for your pups. The graphics of the game are very good, on some computers the game is filled with lag.

For multiplayer,it is not very good. If you are only looking to play the multiplayer I suggest you shouldn't download it, if you were considering. The multiplayer can crash a bit on many networks. The chat log is very annoying, you can not say very much. Especially if you are looking to get a mate on there, they blocked out all the other words we used for it. Not very fun, even though they have added a few new features to it. Every upgrade, usually has more words that they block out.
WolfQuest acually doesn't allow mates on multiplayer- due to innappropriate behavior. A lot of people try to by pass the filter, which I think is rude, but eh.
/////////////////////ѕ ι ℓ ν є я

////ωнαт σєѕη'т кι уσυ мαкєѕ уσυ ѕтяσηgєя
////////////////ѕтαη α ιттє тαєя
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

And yeah, mates/mate-related behavior is not allowed outside of single player. People have been abusing it far too much, and now with the report team, anyone caught gets a warning and/or a ban depending on the severity.

NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

8O I've seen you on the forums!! I like your username on there!! :mrgreen:

But I have a question. Why is mating allowed on single player?
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Mates/mating is allowed on Single Player because the game is an educational one based off of a real wolf's life. Since real wolves disperse to find mates and eventually have pups, that's what the game is all about. x3

Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

Exactly. I play WQ sometimes, but not all the time. I like playing multiplayer, but a lot of players break one rule, and that it "No Saving Spots for Certain People/users."
(I'm pretty sure it's not worded exactly like that, but oh we'll.)
I've been disconnected, and forced out of games more than once, and it gets on my nerves. There are also a lot of rude people on there, too.
I'm sorry I'm not in much anymore. I've been so busy that I haven't really had time to check WEO. I do promise that I will be active as possible. I am open for PM's if you want to chat or have a question! I don't bite (:

~ Jez ❤
Grep42
Adult Gecko
Location: Cretaceous Mongolia; Hanging with my velociraptor friends.

Post by Grep42 »

At first, it seems really fun and great. But, eventually, it becomes a huge let-down. There are only 6 animals, counting ravens, mutiplayer is filled with absurd things like vampire rps, bird rps, lots of things that do not relate to wolves in the least. 2.5 is horribly laggy, well the entire game is actually laggy. At first, single player is fun, but it gets boring and repetitive. Encountering other wolves is a nightmare, very repetitive. The entire game is repetitive. Pups are idiots, they walk towards coyotes and bears, not away. Their rewards, such as extra dens, a pure white pup, aren't that good. The cattle ranch is probably the very worse part of the game. It lags, and pretty much messes up the save, and kills you almost instantly.
Vegan: The other white meat.
Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

Ugg, I agree. So many Warrior Cats rps, Human/vampire/wolverine role plays, horse role plays. It just sickens me that people do not read the rules, or follow them. I agree with you on all of that, Grep. All of the cycle is repetitive. Find a mate, go to a new territory, find a den, mark your territory, have pups, feed your pups, care for them, travel to a green dot on the map, and the game is over. What? I could do that it a day.
At first, I was like, "Man, Mom, there is a game called Wolfquest! Can I get it?"
Mom says yes, I get it, play it for a day or two, and I see that it's boring, and I delete it. If there could be fixes to WQ, there should be some major ones.
How about:
Deer?
Buffalo?
Foxes?
More territories?
Humans?
Horses with the humans?
Make it kind of like a prairie (even though it's not), and you try to stay away from the humans, and their objects.
Or maybe mice, or squirrels?
Fires, blizzards, thunderstorms, tornados?
Dogs?
Hunters?
Actually going inside the den would be awesome
Being captured by the humans, or hunters?
How about livestock in the wild, or wild horse herds?

All those things listed would make WQ fun to play, in my opinion
I'm sorry I'm not in much anymore. I've been so busy that I haven't really had time to check WEO. I do promise that I will be active as possible. I am open for PM's if you want to chat or have a question! I don't bite (:

~ Jez ❤