Post by Foxesrule »

KibaWolf wrote:I hae a mac not a pc. -.-*
Dosbox and wolf dosen't work on mac?
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Re: Wolfquest

Post by animalguy888 »

Foxesrule wrote:
KibaWolf wrote:I hae a mac not a pc. -.-*
Dosbox and wolf dosen't work on mac?

It should work on a mac. You get DosBox from http://www.dosbox.com/download.php?main=1

They do have a mac version for download so its all good.

Also you get Wolf from http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/531/Wolf.html

Some people find it a challenge to setup. Somtimes it is but believe me its much better than wolfquest! So its worth it!

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Just curious, but how does everyone like the forums?
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

I like this forum very much. It is child friendly, and I like the mods very much. The mods are very helpful in many ways, and they are great at their job.
I think the rules are fair, and the topics are great. This forum is a great forum to be on.
I'm sorry I'm not in much anymore. I've been so busy that I haven't really had time to check WEO. I do promise that I will be active as possible. I am open for PM's if you want to chat or have a question! I don't bite (:

~ Jez ❤
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Jezibel wrote:I like this forum very much. It is child friendly, and I like the mods very much. The mods are very helpful in many ways, and they are great at their job.
I think the rules are fair, and the topics are great. This forum is a great forum to be on.
^This.

But perhaps when someone's posts need to be approved (Not because they've just joined.), perhaps after a while and they 'follow the rules', their posts don't need to be approved?
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

I agree with you, Foxes. The mods should approve their posts, just incase they don't follow the rules.
Maybe once they've reached 60 or more posts (after they've been approved), then the mods should let them post freely without having to be approved first. Then, if they start to cause problems (like argue/fight, curse, etc), then the moderators should go back, and approve their posts. Then, the mods can stop whener they feel like the user has had enough.
I'm sorry I'm not in much anymore. I've been so busy that I haven't really had time to check WEO. I do promise that I will be active as possible. I am open for PM's if you want to chat or have a question! I don't bite (:

~ Jez ❤
Flare
Bluebird Chick

Post by Flare »

WQ Coordinator (Cana | Board Administrator) puts things on the forum without forum mod- so if you can do that aproove thing without forum mod, I think we should suggest it if its not the list.
/////////////////////ѕ ι ℓ ν є я

////ωнαт σєѕη'т кι уσυ мαкєѕ уσυ ѕтяσηgєя
////////////////ѕтαη α ιттє тαєя
Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

The mods always check the first three posts of a new user just to make sure they aren't a spammer. If the mods never did approve the posts in the first place, well, new members might throw posts out there that might hold inappropriate content, cursing/cussing/ etc.

I'm not really sure what you mean, Flare. Is this what you mean? ^^

~ Jez ❤
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

On WQ, the mods don't check people's first posts, which opens up the door to spambots and things. I personally think it would be easier but there aren't enough active mods around to have that sort of process work properly.

Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

Well, you a mod there, aren't you? Maybe you could PM the mods and ask them to be active more often, but I understand that people have jobs, school, etc. Maybe you could hire active users to be mods, who have actually behaved and such.

~ Jez ❤
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

Artwork: Tumblr
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Jezibel wrote:Well, you a mod there, aren't you? Maybe you could PM the mods and ask them to be active more often, but I understand that people have jobs, school, etc. Maybe you could hire active users to be mods, who have actually behaved and such.
That's the admins job, mods don't exactly tell others to be more active and such.

Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

Oh. Well, what else could you do? I'm all out of my 'smart' ideas.

~ Jez ❤
Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Post by Scarikas »

LOTS and LOOTs of glitches... Crashes frequently unless you have a perfect computer.
I AM A BANANA.
OFFICIAL FURSONA HERE (I'm finally going to stop changing it)
Click in your free time if you will! ^^
ImageImage