Wolfquest

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Re: Wolfquest

Post by SilentEcho »

The WQ creator don't agree to most of those, and there are already deer and thunderstorms and fires.
If you don't know who I am by now, I'm just some girl who changes obsessions all the time.
Current Obsessions: Pokemon, TWD, Glee and The legend of Korra

Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

It's elk I'm pretty sure. But true. I haven't played the game in a while
I'm sorry I'm not in much anymore. I've been so busy that I haven't really had time to check WEO. I do promise that I will be active as possible. I am open for PM's if you want to chat or have a question! I don't bite (:

~ Jez ❤
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

The chat is overly protective. You can't even do htis without it being censored. I haven't played it for months.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

To be honest, the creators would love to make another episode but there is not enough funding. Right now, all the money WQ receives is going into paying for the forum since they need to keep that up and running in order to keep the game available. Right now it doesn't seem likely that the game or forums will be staying active without adding a bug fix, new episode, or other animals/ideas to draw more people in.
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

I would like to see buffalo, or foxes in the game. It would make me want to play it more.
Oh.. I don't go on the forums very much, buts just reading that makes me want to help WQ
I'm sorry I'm not in much anymore. I've been so busy that I haven't really had time to check WEO. I do promise that I will be active as possible. I am open for PM's if you want to chat or have a question! I don't bite (:

~ Jez ❤
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

Truthfully I don't see how new animals would majorly make the game that much better.
There is quite a variety in WEO, and yet some people have gotten bored with the game. Why? Repetitiveness. You grow up, have a few litters, and die(One of the major differences in WEO that makes it better is of course the free multiplayer chat; it's too restricted in WQ to even talk to a friend).
The game makers would have to make the game's story more interesting, maybe like growing your pack or something, not just add a fox and a prairie dog and decide 'Oh! It is so much better now!'
That of course might catch some one's interest and they would like the game, but quite a few others would still eventually get bored with it. Actually any game eventually gets boring, and people lose interest in it. How many people do you see talking about how amazing DOSbox Wolf is? I don't know about you, but games that have a HECK of a lot of variety(along with semi violence and magic) are the ones to get a lot of interest and keep it- games like Skyrim, which my cousin tells me has so many different things you can do(I haven't personally played it of course).
Animal simulation games aren't as interesting because they are realistic, and realistic can only do so much.
My suggestions on making WQ better and still realistic:
-Better or more advanced story line that has more options. Things like starting out as a pup, growing up in the pack and maybe leaving to start your own. Or start as a young lone wolf, or an older more experienced lone wolf.
-Have a pack that can do pack hunting and all caring for the pups, and deal with disasters as they come.
-Thirst bar. This makes it so you have to pay attention to where you are- if you are an idiot who thinks travelling through a dessert is a good idea, then it will be your fault when you ragequit from death by dehydration.
-More of a terrain variety. Hot praries, meadows, pine forests and mountains.
-More disasters, not just weather. Things like poachers who would kill your pack(that does happen in the wild, so yes it is natural) or rival packs wanting your territory, droughts that would leave to food shortages, etc.
-Just take off the stupid chat filter. People will learn how to bypass it no matter what. If they don't want bad things going on inside MP, then have moderators in the game or ability to have a log of chats outside of the game so that mods can see who is doing what and ban them.

I know most of that is about as likely as five full moons in a month, and that it would take a horrible amount of funding... but it would make the game better. Wolf is an amazing game, because of the gameplay- not the graphics. Wolf Quest is too dependent on the graphics to the point that it would take quite a lot to make sure the glitches wouldn't occur. Wolf is able to do all that because the graphics are not nearly as detailed- it focused more on the gameplay and story whereas WQ tried to focus too much on the realistic graphics.
Feel free to argue against me, I am in a debate-y mood right now. ^-^
http://tea-shell.deviantart.com/

InGame name: Esari or Starwolf
I respond to StarWolf/Star or Teashell/Tea
Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

Ehh, I agree with you on that, too. Rival packs, and starting out as a pup would make the game better to play, but some people might lose interest.
But I am interested in this game called Wolf. Do you mind PMing me about it? I might ask my parents to download it

~ Jez ❤
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Used to love WQ.

Got bored of it.

Quitted.

Became a wolf hater.

But loved Wolf.

Shows how Wolf is awesome to even wolf-haters.
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

Jezibel wrote:Ugg, I agree. So many Warrior Cats rps, Human/vampire/wolverine role plays, horse role plays. It just sickens me that people do not read the rules, or follow them. I agree with you on all of that, Grep. All of the cycle is repetitive. Find a mate, go to a new territory, find a den, mark your territory, have pups, feed your pups, care for them, travel to a green dot on the map, and the game is over. What? I could do that it a day.
At first, I was like, "Man, Mom, there is a game called Wolfquest! Can I get it?"
Mom says yes, I get it, play it for a day or two, and I see that it's boring, and I delete it. If there could be fixes to WQ, there should be some major ones.
How about:
Deer?
Buffalo?
Foxes?
More territories?
Humans?
Horses with the humans?
Make it kind of like a prairie (even though it's not), and you try to stay away from the humans, and their objects.
Or maybe mice, or squirrels?
Fires, blizzards, thunderstorms, tornados?
Dogs?
Hunters?
Actually going inside the den would be awesome
Being captured by the humans, or hunters?
How about livestock in the wild, or wild horse herds?

All those things listed would make WQ fun to play, in my opinion
They can not do most of those suggestions. The game takes place in yellowstone national park. As a national park there is no hunting in order to preserve the park and the animals that call it home. It also not allowed to capture wolves. they only humans will see is the park visiter comeing for camping and wildlife viewing. you will also see some biolgists here to study the animals and will often put a radio coller on an animal to track were its going for research. Also there are no wild horses anymore. The somtimes get a feral horses but it is not the same as being wild. There are no wild horse in yellowstone. Also there are no dogs or livestock in yellowstone and they are not even wild animals.

Those things will never be added because you can not find them in yellowstone were the game take place in.

However WOLF has stuff like hunters and humans because it does not take place in a national park. Just three basic regions you can play in with no specific setting. There are arctic,plains,and timber regions

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

WQ's main goal is to educate people on the life of a wild wolf in Yellowstone. Due to that, everything added in the game must add to the education level to some degree so unfortunately some things will never be added.
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

Aww, that's sad.

~ Jez ❤
Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

WolfQuest has good graphics, effects etc... But the updates are way too slow. Everything just goes in one big circle, there aren't any real challenges, and survival is just easy as pie. Really doesn't show what life is like in Yellowstone. It might teach players a few things about wolves, but they haven't quite reached the 'fun' meter yet.
Image Image Image

"Parents spend the first part of our lives teaching us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up."
Game Name: Guardian
KibaWolf
Adult Gecko

Post by KibaWolf »

It wont go on my com... T^T
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

KibaWolf wrote:It wont go on my com... T^T
If you want a good wolf game, get Wolf.

-Shudders-. Not WQ.
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

Foxesrule wrote:
KibaWolf wrote:It wont go on my com... T^T
If you want a good wolf game, get Wolf.

-Shudders-. Not WQ.
Exactly! The graphics are not like wolfquest since it is from 1994.... But the gameplay is a whole lot better!

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...