Survivors (by Erin Hunter)

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Survivors (by Erin Hunter)

Post by Ayashe »

Yeah, I'm not feeling too well so this may seem a bit off but whatever.

Apparently there's a new series being made by Erin Hunter (About -gasp- canines!), and not the original three 'Erin's that use this pen-name. I'm lol'ing pretty hard at all the cat-fans getting all annoyed and raging about it. They're even making petitions to stop it! XD

Anyways, I'm kind of excited about it. My initial thoughts were, "Oh great, just a dogified Warriors series..." But with these new people writing it, this may turn out to be something good. I know the chances that it will be horrible are just as bad but I'm willing to give it a shot. The world needs a good, long canine-filled series to balance things out. You cat fans have been pretty lucky to have such a dedicated trio of writers making Warriors.

Oh and no, I haven't read the latest Warriors book. I heard it was horrible, so I'm a bit hesitant to buy...

So, uhm, opinions? I'd like to here what anyone has to say... o3o

Some info I found:
http://forums.warriorcats.com/eve/forum ... 824032/p/1

Read around the forums for extra luls, provided by the extreme warrior cat fans. :3
Oh my goodness!!!!!!! WHAT IS AN ERIN BOOK IF IT'S NOT WRITTEN BY ERIN!? AND WHAT INSPIRED THEM TO WRITE ABOUT DOGS?! Dogs are big and clumsy. They should have made another series about cats. so disappointed!!!!
FOR ALL YOU HATERS OUT THERE LET ME SAY THIS! DOGS ARE NOT CLUMSY! THEY ARE THE MOST LOVING CREATURES, EVEN MORE THAN CATS! CATS ARE JUST AS CLUMSY AND EXCUSE ME BUT, WHY CANT YOU ALL JUST REALIZE YOU ALL ARE ANNOYING *GLARES AT MISTPOOL AND THE OTHER NEWBE*)
I'm really really upset about the whole survivors thing. I luv cats and h8 dogs and I'm so worried that Erin Hunter will stop writing warriors bcuz of survivors. Dog luvers plz don't get angry at me it's just my opinion. 1 of the many reasons I h8 dogs is what happend in A Dangersous Path. Bluestar was my FAV and she still is. I was truly devastated when she joined StarClan. Cry Bluestar 4 eva.
Yes, these people are serious.
Last edited by Ayashe on Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Re: Survivors (by Erin Hunter)

Post by Alexander »

I'm open to the whole canine thing. I'm going to put this out there that I'm interested in both. I did only read the first series of Warriors, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be open even if I was caught up with wherever it is now.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

I dislike dogs. Not ALL dogs(one of my favorite pets who has imprinted on me is a dog, and I would probably cry for weeks if I lost her...), but dogs in general. I'm more of a cat person...
Anyways. I'm willing to give this a shot, but still pending... I mean, I LOVED the Warriors series when it first started out. I like the books before all the Power of Three jazz, cause then I started to notice a lot of patterns(Forbidden love in pretty much each series, kinda lost interest in that when the most recent one seemingly broke it off...), and I was heavily dissapointed in the Seekers series(I don't like bears, so I dunno why I tried it out, but I never got interested in it).
I'll probably try out the first book and see if it's interesting. If it's a dogified Warriors I'll probably ditch it, cause one Warriors is confusing enough by itself.

One thing I AM looking forward to with this series: Reading the raging cat/dog fans as they battle it out. I find it hilarious. :P
http://tea-shell.deviantart.com/

InGame name: Esari or Starwolf
I respond to StarWolf/Star or Teashell/Tea
Lysander
Baby Mouse
Location: Why is this tomato orbiting in space at 4.8 miles per second?

Post by Lysander »

Not that much into the Survivors, doesn't look that appealing,

but dear, that forum post is a troll's play ground!
hello. my name is gabriel and sometimes i draw
my art: http://drhastielanyon.tumblr.com/
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

I'm more of a cat fan then a dog fan, and love the Erins books. And didn't you quote someone saying cats were clumsy? They are NOT clumsy. You should see my cats. No way are they clumsy. But dogs aren't clumsy either((You all know that.))... I'll probably buy the first book to check it out, though.
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

Heh, yha, a majority cats are definitely not clumsy. Dogs on the other hand are. But.. it's more a cute, endearing kind of clumsy, rather than a Run Around The House And Tearing Out Wires clumsy.
Though they tend to do that too.

EDIT: Okay, so I got curious and went to find some stuff about this Survivors series. People are pretty ticked off about it, but...
Some of them are saying that Harper Collins gave the pen name Erin Hunter(Since it was 3 or so people who wrote the Warriors, but under that name) to 4 completely different people.
Couldn't that be counted as false advertisement or something? These 4 new people aren't the Erins who wrote Seekers or Warriors, as far as I can tell. ._.
http://tea-shell.deviantart.com/

InGame name: Esari or Starwolf
I respond to StarWolf/Star or Teashell/Tea
Jade
Baby Gecko

Post by Jade »

Those people who posted those comments are being overly dramatic and angry over nothin'. How are they gonna say that the book is bad if they haven't yet read it. They need to stop complaining and give the book a chance. Anyway, I'm kind of excited about Survivors, I do like Warriors and Seekers. I might just like this.

@Ayashe You should give Warriors a try and judge the book of what you think about it. Not everyone else. If you don't wanna buy, just get it from a library.
Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

Jade wrote:Those people who posted those comments are being overly dramatic and angry over nothin'. How are they gonna say that the book is bad if they haven't yet read it. They need to stop complaining and give the book a chance. Anyway, I'm kind of excited about Survivors, I do like Warriors and Seekers. I might just like this.

@Ayashe You should give Warriors a try and judge the book of what you think about it. Not everyone else. If you don't wanna buy, just get it from a library.

Oh I've read them all, just not the newest one. I plan on getting it of course, but it's not a main priorty. :P If it's as bad as everyone says, it can wait.

@Lysander: LOL Ikr. I'm still a fledgling in the art of Trolling, so it's a nice place to practice.
SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Post by SilentEcho »

Haven't they already written a canine story? I didn't really like that one, let's hope the new Erins are good :D
If you don't know who I am by now, I'm just some girl who changes obsessions all the time.
Current Obsessions: Pokemon, TWD, Glee and The legend of Korra

oceanpelt
Bluebird Chick
Location: He's the map, he's the map, he's the map! Yeah, I am lost.

Post by oceanpelt »

The Last Book of the warriors series, is not bad at all. Maybe those who have told you, just don't like all the deaths. The ending to the whole series to me, seemed to fit nicely with the whole plot starting from the beginning.

Survivors is exciting, I don't get why everyone is so upset over a new Erin, and a series about dogs. There are really not that many good dog series out there. Maybe, Erin is going to make it really nice and just as good as the warriors series. Dogs have always been my favorite, but I went to cats. I still like dogs though, and am rather excited for the series.

As well as people being mad over a dog series... they were not mad about a bear series. A new Erin writing the series, is not very bad. The Erin Hunters obviously know who they are choosing and have chosen and thought wisely about this. So what is the point of whining over a knew Erin Hunter, unless they obviously don't trust the first Erin Hunter.
Lysander
Baby Mouse
Location: Why is this tomato orbiting in space at 4.8 miles per second?

Post by Lysander »

oceanpelt wrote:The Last Book of the warriors series, is not bad at all. Maybe those who have told you, just don't like all the deaths. The ending to the whole series to me, seemed to fit nicely with the whole plot starting from the beginning.
the last book was like bob-darn SIMON FURMAN wrote it.

No one knows who he is?
Okay... -walk of shame-
hello. my name is gabriel and sometimes i draw
my art: http://drhastielanyon.tumblr.com/
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

SilentEcho wrote:Haven't they already written a canine story? I didn't really like that one, let's hope the new Erins are good :D
The original Erins haven't wrote a canine stories I think. They wrote about bears ((Seekers)) though. Kathryn Lasky has wrote about wolves ((Wolves of the beyond)) incase you're thinking of that.
Kazz
Adult Bluebird

Post by Kazz »

/facepalm at comments.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Guess what arrived in the post yesterday?

Survivors #1: The Empty city!

:D