Animal Trails

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Quagga
Baby Gecko

Re: Animal Trails

Post by Quagga »

If it's supposed to be like WEO, a remake of it, things like that, then yes, ask WEO. If it's going to be a general animal simulation, then there is no need to ask for permission.
Artwork: Tumblr
Mr. Awesomeness
Baby Gecko

Post by Mr. Awesomeness »

Quagga wrote:If it's supposed to be like WEO, a remake of it, things like that, then yes, ask WEO. If it's going to be a general animal simulation, then there is no need to ask for permission.
SouthernStar wrote:I wouldn't think you'd absolutely need permission from WEO, I mean, yeah, it would be polite but... I don't remember WEO claiming and copyrighting the idea of animal survival games....
Yes, I know I don't have to ask but it's polite and technically advertising on his/her's forums. And some things will be implemented (in a different way) that weo has. I don't want to make weo upset or mad.
SouthernStar wrote:How will you implement the holes in the game? Like the burrows for the rabbits and mice? What controls will make the mouse/rabbit dig? Like will you press a certain button repetitively to fill up a gauge and when it is full will the burrow be created? And once the burrow is created will you be able to expand on that burrow?
Ideas Ideas, I love them I like them :D controls are unknown yet. A gauge might be a good idea, some terrains will be harder to make a hole in than others :) Maybe holes can collapse in muddy areas when you trying to dig them & you have to keep supporting the hole with dirt etc. to keep it from collapsing. Expanding a burrow can be implemented but to a certain point. We don't want to have a hole going through the hole map. Maybe expandable to maybe 10 squares (pretty large). And as you dig it will need to be supported so it doesn't collapse.
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

• BOREDERS! There's bound to be a border of some sort. Naturally, you could make the "invisible walls" so many games have, an obvious border change like WEO, or... Say, it could be an island that is surrounded by ocean, and therefore, animals would die of dehydration, exposure, or drown, before they make it to land, though it may not allow for much NATURAL possibilities the island for more space, then. Or, mountains, where animals would freeze to death, die of exposure, starvation... but may be collapsible by avalanche, earthquake, or human settlement (a road, or leveling a bit to build, but later abandoned). Or desert, I suppose, too, which also presents freezing nights and burning days, dehydration, starvation, exposure... which is changed thanks to a luck increase in rain, and flooded rivers resort to running through the desert, bringing seeds and plants slowly but surely, and... voila!

*more shrug*
Artwork: Tumblr
Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

SouthernStar wrote:I wouldn't think you'd absolutely need permission from WEO, I mean, yeah, it would be polite but... I don't remember WEO claiming and copyrighting the idea of animal survival games...."

Oh yeah, I was going to add that in as well, but it seems I forgot. Perhaps he needs to since maybe he is using the same game mechanics as WEO. Like same chessboard and such?...eh...
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
ImageImage-Kill the disgrace!
Image-Destwoy!
Mr. Awesomeness
Baby Gecko

Progress Report:

All is going well, the development is going good just having trouble getting animals (pictures) for the game but I will figure it out. I am currently working on the map. This map is going to be fairly large. The texutres look OK and will be improved on later.
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

Mr. Awesomeness wrote:Progress Report:

All is going well, the development is going good just having trouble getting animals (pictures) for the game but I will figure it out. I am currently working on the map. This map is going to be fairly large. The texutres look OK and will be improved on later.
thanks for the update. By the way what kind of pictures... If your talking about wildife photos I would like to volenteer to help. I love taking me some animal photos.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

SouthernStar
Adult Rabbit

Post by SouthernStar »

I think he's using computer drawn art/or something.

Are we all going to see a screenshot of the game, or are you going to make it a surprise?
For science!
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

SouthernStar wrote:I think he's using computer drawn art/or something.

Are we all going to see a screenshot of the game, or are you going to make it a surprise?
yes a screenshot would be nice.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Mr. Awesomeness
Baby Gecko

The screenshot wouldn't be much I'm still trying to figure out a scrolling system. I can show the first area I guess. 1 second I will edit this post when I can get a picture.

edit:

If your screen is 1024 x 728 the game will be maximized else if your screen doesn't meet the requirements for "fullscreen" (its not fullscreen because its only maximized)
SouthernStar
Adult Rabbit

Post by SouthernStar »

Thats... thats awesome! I love the trees especially...

(Hyperactive today.)
For science!
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

The trees are pretty realistic. Is that background only temporary? I just don't like seeing an easily see-able repetition in games. I see it everywhere. D:
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Mr. Awesomeness
Baby Gecko

Alexander wrote:The trees are pretty realistic. Is that background only temporary? I just don't like seeing an easily see-able repetition in games. I see it everywhere. D:
Thanks guys, the dirt textures and stuff are still being tweaked.
Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

Heard of WOLF? Abandonia game. It's simple, very realistic. graphics are not brilliant but it's a great game. WOLF can give you some ideas.
Image Image Image

"Parents spend the first part of our lives teaching us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up."
Game Name: Guardian
SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Post by SilentEcho »

I was a bit of a skeptic at first, but this actually looks pretty good. I hope this goes well Mr.Awesomeness (wasn't your nickname Gator or something?)
If you don't know who I am by now, I'm just some girl who changes obsessions all the time.
Current Obsessions: Pokemon, TWD, Glee and The legend of Korra

SouthernStar
Adult Rabbit

Post by SouthernStar »

Are you going to be adding music? If so, I think 8-bit music would be interesting.

Also, will there be blood? (I personally don't mind, but blood makes things more realistic...)
For science!