All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Mr. Awesomeness
Baby Gecko

Animal Trails

Post by Mr. Awesomeness »

Development Started

Animal Trails

I am making a game based on Web Earth Online. Mainly to show WEO. It will be free. It will contain things that are from weo. It will not contain any planned or current advanced animals. It is also to show how new features can be implemented into WEO. This game will contain singleplayer and multiplayer. The multiplayer part will not be released for a long time. I cannot host a multiplayer server 24/7 so I need to BUY a server. This is NOT free so its going to cost for multiplayer and when multiplayer is released I will ask for donations PLEASE. You don't have to pay for advanced features or anything in I'm not planning for options that you have to pay for. I need ideas, I'm 1 person making a game takes passion and a lot of hours of work. This game is gonna be 2D constant update. (no pause like weo) its viewing angle will be up-top (like weo). There are difficultys for both single and multi player. (multiplayer difficultys depend on server 4 servers basic with possible option to host own server). Difficultys are easy medium hard and realistic.

Difficultys
Easy - Cannot starve to death, increased health, starvation lowers energy. Death from dehydration, tasks use less energy, more energy from eating, weather doesn't effect you much, AI is stupid ish

Medium - Can starve to death, regular health, starvation & dehydration lowers energy greatly, death from dehydration, tasks use regular amount of energy. less energy from eating. weather has a effect on survival, AI is medium hostile.

Hard - Can starve to death, lowered health, starvation & dehydration lowers energy VERY VERY GREATLY, death from dehydration, tasks use more energy, less energy from eating. weather has a lot greater effect on survival, AI is more hostile.

Realistic - more realistic, more survival.

It will not be released until I get permission from weo.

Current Build: .1

Version History:
Added Interface

FAQ

Are you planning to do this by yourself?
Yes

What new features will it include?
New Regions, Objects, Food sources, Animals (No advanced from weo).

How do you plan to do it?
In Java by myself

Will it be 2D or 3D?
2D (I haven't figured out 3D models yet..)

When do you expect it to be finished
Lets see. It will take me at least a month to get the interface correct the map, a few basic animals, items. (the map is going to take me a while...)

Will it be singleplayer or multiplayer
most likely single

Will it be in real time?
Yes

Will there be extra animations for the animals?
Yes, Including during windy times the trees will sway etc..

Will the map be first person?
No (sorry)

Ideas:
Green = Added
Orange = In the process of being added
Red = Not added yet
Blue = Phased out/not being added/found incompatible

Will eventually be added and or might not be added

Humans ~ sillybear
Hunters, trappers, etc.

Quagga
• Notable changes in appearance as an animal lives EX: Baby, juvenile, adult; sickly, injured, starving; etc.
• Weather and disasters: Rain, snow; flooding, drought; excessive mud where animals could get stuck, deep snow to affect mobility as well; freezing temperatures; etc.
A growing world: Plants grow and die; flourishing when herbivores are few and wither with lack of rain or as the herbivore population increases; trampled plants, fallen trees, eroding rocks and streams; etc.
Sense system: Perhaps a bit similar to WOLF's or LION's. Sight, sound, smell, touch, taste - touch and taste would be hard to implement, though? A camouflaged predator, unmoving, scent undetected, is nearly or completely invisible to other animals until it does something to cause it's visibility to be noticed, either slowly or immediately depending on what occurs. This would allow stalking, camouflage, and hiding to be implemented. Scent is carried with the wind and can alert animals if the wind carries your scent to them, but wouldn't be an immediate scare, perhaps just alerting them. Sound would be much more obvious than scent, and most or all animals would be very good at hearing. Sight is the most obvious, but can betray. Many animals blend in with their surroundings, and truly are invisible until they move or come out into the open, so all senses would have to be taken advantage of. It would also force you to be very careful; prey is naturally very alert for a reason, as they don't always see the predators like you can in WEO. Paranoia would be terrible, though.
Injury system: If a limb is injured, you move slower, and scaling things would be difficult or impossible; blinded, then sight impaired, partial or completely; fatal wound results in death, slowly but surely, and cannot be cured; sickness or injury would cause you to be more likely to be attacked out of a group; etc.

Digging ~SouthernStar
A gauge might be a good idea, some terrains will be harder to make a hole in than others Maybe holes can collapse in muddy areas when you trying to dig them & you have to keep supporting the hole with dirt etc. to keep it from collapsing. Expanding a burrow can be implemented but to a certain point. We don't want to have a hole going through the hole map. Maybe expandable to maybe 10 squares (pretty large). And as you dig it will need to be supported so it doesn't collapse.

Pictures:
Last edited by Mr. Awesomeness on Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 19 times in total.
€hrysalisΨolfHer☼
Baby Gecko

Re: Game

Post by €hrysalisΨolfHer☼ »

One question: what do you mean by real time? Is that like what WEO does?
Game Name: Moonstar
I used to be: Fursiemoon

Magistream-ImageImageImageImage
DragCave-
Mr. Awesomeness
Baby Gecko

Re: Game

€hrysalisΨolfHer☼ wrote:One question: what do you mean by real time? Is that like what WEO does?
Constantly updates the screen. Weo has a pause, real time is constant.
Mr. Awesomeness
Baby Gecko

Re: Animal Trails

Development has now started. I need ideas now. Please tell me what you want in this game. A name has been made (animal trails). What should the loading/saving screen look like for singleplayer? Please don't yell at me for bumping >.>
SouthernStar
Adult Rabbit

Post by SouthernStar »

A trail of pawprints moving across the screen?
For science!
Hope
Adult Mouse
Location: Shadowclan Territory, plotting of ruling the forest!

Post by Hope »

Sounds like a cool game! I'm great with ideas. Let's see here...

-Costomizable animals
-Have hunters/animal catchers/animal tamers.

Uh! Todays not thinking day! D:
Epic 24/7 Minecraft Server sc27.servercraft.co:8076
Minecraft Status: Single... XD Just Joking I'm Online
Mr. Awesomeness
Baby Gecko

SillyBear111 wrote:Sounds like a cool game! I'm great with ideas. Let's see here...

-Costomizable animals
-Have hunters/animal catchers/animal tamers.

Uh! Todays not thinking day! D:
What do you mean about "customizable animals"?
Hope
Adult Mouse

Post by Hope »

Like, you can pick the color, add scars, and patterns. Ever played WQ? (WolfQuest? Sorrda like that but not 3d like you said.)
Mr. Awesomeness
Baby Gecko

SillyBear111 wrote:Like, you can pick the color, add scars, and patterns. Ever played WQ? (WolfQuest? Sorrda like that but not 3d like you said.)
Yes I played WQ, adding stuff like that would take a loooong time. You would have to change all animals colors etc IDK..
Hope
Adult Mouse

Post by Hope »

Yeah, I guess...
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

• Notable changes in appearance as an animal lives? Baby, juvenile, adult; sickly, injured, starving; etc.
• Weather and disasters? Rain, snow; flooding, drought; excessive mud where animals could get stuck, deep snow to affect mobility as well; freezing temperatures; etc.
• A growing world? Plants grow and die; flourishing when herbivores are few and wither with lack of rain or as the herbivore population increases; trampled plants, fallen trees, eroding rocks and streams; etc.
• Sense system? Perhaps a bit similar to WOLF's or LION's. Sight, sound, smell, touch, taste - touch and taste would be hard to implement, though? A camouflaged predator, unmoving, scent undetected, is nearly or completely invisible to other animals until it does something to cause it's visibility to be noticed, either slowly or immediately depending on what occurs. This would allow stalking, camouflage, and hiding to be implemented, but could take a bit of work? Scent is carried with the wind and can alert animals if the wind carries your scent to them, but wouldn't be an immediate scare, perhaps just alerting them. Sound would be much more obvious than scent, and most or all animals would be very good at hearing. Sight is the most obvious, but can betray. Many animals blend in with their surroundings, and truly are invisible until they move or come out into the open, so all senses would have to be taken advantage of. It would also force you to be very careful; prey is naturally very alert for a reason, as they don't always see the predators like you can in WEO. Paranoia would be terrible, though... xD
• Injury system? If a limb is injured, you move slower, and scaling things would be difficult or impossible; blinded, then sight impaired, partial or completely; fatal wound results in death, slowly but surely, and cannot be cured; sickness or injury would cause you to be more likely to be attacked out of a group; etc.

My ideas might be a bit excessive, but you might be able to pick up other ideas from my rambling, at least. xD There was probably a bit of repetition of some things you might have said... *shrug*
Artwork: Tumblr
Mr. Awesomeness
Baby Gecko

Quagga wrote:• Notable changes in appearance as an animal lives? Baby, juvenile, adult; sickly, injured, starving; etc.
• Weather and disasters? Rain, snow; flooding, drought; excessive mud where animals could get stuck, deep snow to affect mobility as well; freezing temperatures; etc.
• A growing world? Plants grow and die; flourishing when herbivores are few and wither with lack of rain or as the herbivore population increases; trampled plants, fallen trees, eroding rocks and streams; etc.
• Sense system? Perhaps a bit similar to WOLF's or LION's. Sight, sound, smell, touch, taste - touch and taste would be hard to implement, though? A camouflaged predator, unmoving, scent undetected, is nearly or completely invisible to other animals until it does something to cause it's visibility to be noticed, either slowly or immediately depending on what occurs. This would allow stalking, camouflage, and hiding to be implemented, but could take a bit of work? Scent is carried with the wind and can alert animals if the wind carries your scent to them, but wouldn't be an immediate scare, perhaps just alerting them. Sound would be much more obvious than scent, and most or all animals would be very good at hearing. Sight is the most obvious, but can betray. Many animals blend in with their surroundings, and truly are invisible until they move or come out into the open, so all senses would have to be taken advantage of. It would also force you to be very careful; prey is naturally very alert for a reason, as they don't always see the predators like you can in WEO. Paranoia would be terrible, though... xD
• Injury system? If a limb is injured, you move slower, and scaling things would be difficult or impossible; blinded, then sight impaired, partial or completely; fatal wound results in death, slowly but surely, and cannot be cured; sickness or injury would cause you to be more likely to be attacked out of a group; etc.

My ideas might be a bit excessive, but you might be able to pick up other ideas from my rambling, at least. xD There was probably a bit of repetition of some things you might have said... *shrug*
THIS!!!
Lady
Adult Hawk

Post by Lady »

Sweet, can't wait to see it! ^^ Though, this is probably the third-fourth time someone brought up a new weo. :o Hopefully this project doesn't die.
At this very same spot on April 23rd, 1898, absolutely nothing happened.-Sign at a gas station.
Is Blade (ID: 44687) Ingame.
Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

"It will not be released until I get permission from weo. "

Why bother putting forth effort into a project they might not even be approved? I'd say to get permission first before doing anything that may go to waste...though, thats just my preference.

I am completely supportive of this project however. I doubt I can offer any help. My limits would be with simple graphics and such, but my style is more cartoonist then realistic sadly.
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
ImageImage-Kill the disgrace!
Image-Destwoy!
SouthernStar
Adult Rabbit

Post by SouthernStar »

I wouldn't think you'd absolutely need permission from WEO, I mean, yeah, it would be polite but... I don't remember WEO claiming and copyrighting the idea of animal survival games....

Anyways, onto the suggestion/question stuff.

How will you implement the holes in the game? Like the burrows for the rabbits and mice? What controls will make the mouse/rabbit dig? Like will you press a certain button repetitively to fill up a gauge and when it is full will the burrow be created? And once the burrow is created will you be able to expand on that burrow?
For science!