DOSbox Game Discussion

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

DOSbox Game Discussion

Post by Ragdoll »

DOSbox is a program that runs certain games, such as WOLF, LION, and, the less popular one, Simant.

My personal favourite is LION, made by the same person as WOLF. I think that all of these games are fantastic, all the work put into them.

If anyone plays LION, I am Maji, and I had been wondering for awhile, and then found a pride. I defeated the alpha female and took over the pride, and mated with the alpha male, Achilles a few times, not successfully. Then, there was a nomad around and I mated with him, and this time it was successful. I'm not sure exactly how many days had elapsed when I mated, but it's been over 200 days now, and still no cubs. I usually eat sleep and drink, then speed it up a week, and it's a pattern. Would this affect when the cubs are born?
Image Image
Image Image
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Re: DOSbox Game Discussion

Post by animalguy888 »

Ragdoll wrote:DOSbox is a program that runs certain games, such as WOLF, LION, and, the less popular one, Simant.

My personal favourite is LION, made by the same person as WOLF. I think that all of these games are fantastic, all the work put into them.

If anyone plays LION, I am Maji, and I had been wondering for awhile, and then found a pride. I defeated the alpha female and took over the pride, and mated with the alpha male, Achilles a few times, not successfully. Then, there was a nomad around and I mated with him, and this time it was successful. I'm not sure exactly how many days had elapsed when I mated, but it's been over 200 days now, and still no cubs. I usually eat sleep and drink, then speed it up a week, and it's a pattern. Would this affect when the cubs are born?
I used to play lion. But now it comes up with an error. I plan to work on it evenutally. I have never mated sucsessfuly but would like to figure it out evenually. Any tips on fixing the hr hires error...

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

All I know about running lion, is that the folder must be in c:, not program files or anything like that, and you must have the lion.exe application in a folder named lion, in C:. Try redownloading the files and placing them in the folder again if it still isn't working, this happend to me with WOLF and this fixed it. Make sure the folder is named lion and make sure you have the lion.exe in this folder, and these are the commands:

mount c c:/lion

c:

cd lion

lion

That's all the help I can give, if it doesn't make sense tell me and I'll explain it better :3
Image Image
Image Image
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

I've never managed to get cubs on lion. Dunno if I ever mated 'succesfully', but when I would press the key to find out if my female was fertile('e' or 'u' I think), she would roll around and then I would mate with the male. Did this about 20 times throughout a few weeks, and no cubs. .-.
http://tea-shell.deviantart.com/

InGame name: Esari or Starwolf
I respond to StarWolf/Star or Teashell/Tea
Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

If you regularily press U and she never rolls over, she's pregnant. The pregnancy will last 110 days. :3
Image Image
Image Image
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

Never knew that... I guess in that case, the alpha male is sterile or something. |: Feh... I should get LION again. Simant, too. Both were very amusing.
My favorite passtime in simant was barracading the red ants from their nest. 8)
http://tea-shell.deviantart.com/

InGame name: Esari or Starwolf
I respond to StarWolf/Star or Teashell/Tea
Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

Lol, I liked when I killed the queen ant I just went in and made like, a whole bunch of different entrances and things and totally ruined the setup of their nest hahaha
Image Image
Image Image
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

help with the hr hires error?

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Renesmai
Bluebird Chick

Post by Renesmai »

I think if you speed up the time on lion, you still have to wait 110 days, as the speeding up affect will not speed up the days until a cub is born.

Also, I'm not really sure about that error, animalguy.
Sorry.
ImageImageImage
dinoman
Adult Mouse

Post by dinoman »

I have Lion, and Simant, and on my old laptop I had Wolf. It's hard to play Simant with the Dosbox being small, and it freezes when I enlarge it. Help please? (Also, is Bob from Lion sterile?)
Renesmai
Bluebird Chick

Post by Renesmai »

dinoman wrote:I have Lion, and Simant, and on my old laptop I had Wolf. It's hard to play Simant with the Dosbox being small, and it freezes when I enlarge it. Help please? (Also, is Bob from Lion sterile?)
Hmm, about the enlarging problem, have you tried looking for a full screen setting? I think WOLF has it, but I haven't played simant in a looooong time, so I'm not sure if that's an option or not.

Also, about Bob from Lion being sterile, I will have to check that out myself.
I don't usually use him in my prides, but I can check it out if you'd like. Could take some time though.

EDIT: I found a version with sound, which is quite hard to come by. I'm going to test it out soon.

EDIT EDIT: Bah. The sound doesn't work. Ah well.
ImageImageImage
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Is there a way to attack other ants in Simant?
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
Renesmai
Bluebird Chick

Post by Renesmai »

Foxesrule wrote:Is there a way to attack other ants in Simant?

I believe you just walk up to the other ant (who has to be of the enemy colour) and you should 'fight'.

Do note that a worker ant will probably die against a soldier ant.
ImageImageImage
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Renesmai wrote:

I believe you just walk up to the other ant (who has to be of the enemy colour) and you should 'fight'.

I always die, even as a soldier ant.
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
Renesmai
Bluebird Chick

Post by Renesmai »

Foxesrule wrote:
Renesmai wrote:

I always die, even as a soldier ant.

Hmm... Is your food/energy bar full? If it isn't maybe that's the cause, but if not, then I'm not entirely sure.

If you keep dying (even with the food bar full), perhaps you should just recruit some other ants from your colony and try and stay away from fighting?
ImageImageImage