Call of the Wild (Game)

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Call of the Wild (Game)

Post by NatureHeart »

Please read my list of stuff and tell me what I should add or change. It is a 2D game first of all sorry but it might be 3D when I figure out how to use a program. We currently are voting on what animals to keep in the game! The l;ink to the website is at the bottom!

Call of the Wild

Okay, here is my idea for a game I made up! Okay, here goes.

Game Role

I want to make this game for players to experience what it would be like being their favorite forest animal in the quest for survival.

Animals

There will be many animals to be.

Mammals

Bear (Grizzly)

Deer (White tail, Mule)

Squirrel (Grey)

Skunk (Striped)

Wolf (Grey)

Moose

Mouse

Chipmunk

Elk

Bison

Couger

Beaver

Raccoon

Fox (Red)

Rabbit

Opossum

Birds

Swan

Eagle (Bald)

Duck (Mallard)

Owl (Horned)

Goose (Canadian)

Robin

Cardinal

Finch (Gold)

Wren (House)

Blue Jay

Blue Bird

Dove (Mourning)

Hummingbird (Ruby-Throated)

Crow

Blackbird

Quail

Heron (Blue)

Reptiles/Amphibians

Lizard (Green Striped)

Snake (Guarder, Python)

Frog

Toad

Alligator

Fish

Cod

Bass

Bluegill

Catfish

Minnow

Prey

Here is the prey and what eats it.

Worms: (ANCP): Robin, Cardinal, Wren, Blackbird & All Fish

Fish: Eagle, Heron, Wolf, Bear, Skunk, Raccoon, Owl, Snake, Crow & Some Fish.

Insects: (ANCP): Robin, Heron, Cardinal, Blackbird, Blue Bird, Blue Jay, Finch, Dove, Quail, Skunk, Opossum, Rabbit, Mouse, Hedgehog & All Fish.

Mammals: Snake, Wolf, Bear, Raccoon, Skunk, Fox, Owl & Couger.

Fruit: Robin, Blackbird, Blue Bird, Blue Jay, Quail, Opossum & Skunk.

Parents
They will care for you until you can care for yourself unless they die early. When you are born they will feed you milk (mammal) or regurgitate food (bird) for a month or 2(mammal). Then they will let you explore a little and eat fresh solid food after 2(mammal) months. When you are about 6 months old they will take you on longer walks and to the meadow (hunting grounds). Once you are a year old (mammal) your mother will send you away to live on your own.

Dying
There are many ways to die. This is a list of all the ways you can die.

No food.

No water.

Cancer.

Old Age.

Shot.

Murdered.

Lung Disease.

Heart Disease.

Choking.

Time

Here is the time on the game no matter where you are it is always the same. This time is only for single player though. I'm not sure for multiplayer. :?

1 Month = 280 Min.

1 Day = 10 Min.

1 Year = 56 Hr.

Weather
There is lots of weather there is,

Cloudy

Rainy

Stormy

Blizzard

Hailing

Sunny

Windy

All of these can be combined to create one type of weather.

Mating/Babies

You must be 2 years old to mate.(Single Player, multiplayer you must have been adult for a day(ten minutes)) Mating season is spring for all animals. You cannot already have a mate. If you do you can only mate with him/her for the rest of your animal’s life. If your mate, however, dies you may get another to take his/her place. You cannot inbreed or mate with an animal that isn’t your kind. You can have from 1-4 offspring. If your baby dies you may take another players baby. If your baby gets lost you have a 1/6 chance of finding it- dead or alive. If you do not feed it, it will wander off to find food.

I currently have a website where the members try to work things out about it. It is http://www.vgchq.webs.com. We currently need a lot more members! So, if your willing to help, find me or MidnightSky on the game, or just sign up.

This is what I have so far. Please give me suggestions that aren't animals because I can't have any more animals. And yes, I am aware that someone else is making a new game like this only in Africa. :wink: (Please tell me if I shouldn't have posted this! D:)
Last edited by NatureHeart on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Lady
Adult Hawk

Re: I'm thinking about making a new game! Ideas? Opinions?

Post by Lady »

How do you plan to make this game? Program-wise?
At this very same spot on April 23rd, 1898, absolutely nothing happened.-Sign at a gas station.
Is Blade (ID: 44687) Ingame.
SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Post by SilentEcho »

These seems more like a dream than anything that'll happen. Even WEO doesn't have that many animals and it's been up for years :/
If you don't know who I am by now, I'm just some girl who changes obsessions all the time.
Current Obsessions: Pokemon, TWD, Glee and The legend of Korra

NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

I am going to take them out one by one till I get to only around 10-15 animals. And I don't know what program I'm using. I'm looking right now for a nice program.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

This sounds.... Awesome!
I can’t wait til’ it comes out! Hopefully I’ll catch up on my game.. (Everyone’s making a animal game.)
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

h00pysc00p wrote:This sounds.... Awesome!
I can’t wait til’ it comes out! Hopefully I’ll catch up on my game.. (Everyone’s making a animal game.)
Everyone likes animal games! This will hopefully get some more good games like WEO.
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

1000angles wrote:
h00pysc00p wrote:This sounds.... Awesome!
Everyone likes animal games! This will hopefully get some more good games like WEO.
Yes of course. Yeah I want more animal games, that you can play as the animal because there’s too many, pet games where you take care of pets (I gotta admit they are fun, but you can’t play as you’re pet)
Last edited by hoopyscoop on Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

Sounds interesting. This would be the perfect game for me. I have somewhat of experince with forest. As here in Western Washington USA we sure have a lot of forest.

Here are some animal sugestions.

Rainbow trout
Bull trout or dolly varden (endangered species)
Osprey
Raven
Bat
Salmon
Pike
sliver trout aka kokanee salmon
Whitefish
crappie (a type of small bass)
Green sturgeon
White sturgeon

Thats alll I can think of for now.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Re: Call of the Wild (Game)

Post by NatureHeart »

Please go to www.vgchq.webs.com to vote on which animals should not be in the game.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
shadow-wolf
Adult Bluebird

Post by shadow-wolf »

im sorry to say but there is allready a film, book and game called Call Of The Wild...
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

shadow-wolf wrote:im sorry to say but there is allready a film, book and game called Call Of The Wild...
Now that i think about it thats right. I heard of the film. I am not good with titles but if I were to change the name I would name it forest of paridise. However thats just one example.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

There's a lot of books, games, and movies with the same title, however have absolutely no relation to each other. I think this is only an issue (to have the same title as that book) if it were extremely relative to that book. Otherwise it's really no issue, or it shouldn't be anyway.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

It would also be an issue if the name were... what's it... patent'd? copyright'd? Of that sort. If it isn't, then I'm sure you're free to call it that, though it could get confusing due to the other books/games/etc.
Artwork: Tumblr
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Wow! I hadn't noticed so many things were named this! Well, I do like animalguy888's idea! Forest of Paradise! Hmm...
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

I think this may be a bit too ambitious. Do you know anything about coding? About the cost it would take to get a server up and running? I won't be supporting this until there is some actual gameplay, as there have been too many game that have been said they're going to be made, and haven't even been started on.
Image Image
Image Image