WOLF

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Re: WOLF

Post by animalguy888 »

SillyBear111 wrote:Okay, I get it. I downloaded the DOSbox and stuff. I think I can handle it by myself now. If I need help i'll just ask. Thanks!

EDIT!: Now I need help.... I downloaded DOSbox and WOLF, now... I can't make a shortcut for it so I can drag it to DOSbox... plus, whats the "code" for WOLF when you drag it to DOSBox. Hehe.

What i did is a just dragged the whole folder onto the desktop.

THe "code should look like this. Part of it should look different depending in the user account you computer is on.

Set Blaster=A220 17 D1 H5 T6

Mount C "C:\Users\Donna. Kitchen\Desktop\Wolf"
Drive C is mounted to local directory C:C:\Users\Donna. Kitchen\Desktop\Wolf\

C:

there one left blank your suppossed to type something in so it looks like this.

Set Blaster=A220 17 D1 H5 T6

Mount C "C:\Users\Donna. Kitchen\Desktop\Wolf"
Drive C is mounted to local directory C:C:\Users\Donna. Kitchen\Desktop\Wolf\

C:Wolf

press enter and the game should work

There are additional steps to getting sound to work if you need them just ask.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Hope
Adult Mouse
Location: Shadowclan Territory, plotting of ruling the forest!

Post by Hope »

Hm... okay. I'll use my mom's computer since I know how to use it better, i'm using one of my grandpa's which is is complicated.

EDIT: Okay! Iv'e done everything right, I dragged the WOLF folder to the DOSbox then it said: SDL.ll was not found.
Epic 24/7 Minecraft Server sc27.servercraft.co:8076
Minecraft Status: Single... XD Just Joking I'm Online
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

SillyBear111 wrote:Hm... okay. I'll use my mom's computer since I know how to use it better, i'm using one of my grandpa's which is is complicated.

EDIT: Okay! Iv'e done everything right, I dragged the WOLF folder to the DOSbox then it said: SDL.ll was not found.

I think that means it is missing a file or was not completly installed so you may have to try again. Also I looked it up and you can download SDL.ll files here

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?sdl

But the easyist way may be to redownload the WOLF game.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Hope
Adult Mouse

Post by Hope »

Okay, thanks! I'll try that after school tomorrow.
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

I remember playing this. I had just gotten pups when I realized that my food source was running really, really low... i read on google that the prey respawn is either not very high, or nonexistant. ._. My favorite world was the plains since it had the most food, but I kept getting killed there. |:
http://tea-shell.deviantart.com/

InGame name: Esari or Starwolf
I respond to StarWolf/Star or Teashell/Tea
animalguy888
Adult Gecko

Post by animalguy888 »

StarWolf wrote:I remember playing this. I had just gotten pups when I realized that my food source was running really, really low... i read on google that the prey respawn is either not very high, or nonexistant. ._. My favorite world was the plains since it had the most food, but I kept getting killed there. |:
Actually the Timber region is most plentiful the plains just includes a smaller amount of prey but bigger animals such as bison.

Hope
Adult Mouse

Post by Hope »

I've finally got it to work but now... i'll enter the code and it would say it was invalid...

I've tried:

WOLF
Wolf
wolf
WOLF.
Wolf.
wolf.
LET ME PLAY OR I'LL EAT YOU!
Wolf wolf wolf wolf
I'm bored

(The last three I actually tried.... nothing...)
animalguy888
Adult Gecko

Post by animalguy888 »

SillyBear111 wrote:I've finally got it to work but now... i'll enter the code and it would say it was invalid...

I've tried:

WOLF
Wolf
wolf
WOLF.
Wolf.
wolf.
LET ME PLAY OR I'LL EAT YOU!
Wolf wolf wolf wolf
I'm bored

(The last three I actually tried.... nothing...)

Is the WOLF.EXE application in the folder? thats basicly what your trying to access

Edit: Im not sure what it is. Maybe I just stink at giving insturctions. Heres the link to the startup turtioral I used when I first started playing the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KQSh_Wsu1k

Hope
Adult Mouse

Post by Hope »

Your instructions were really good. I watched the Youtube Video and tried his instructions, it didn't work. I'll just live without WOLF. I'll be alright, I have Skyrim to cheer me up ^_^
Doylj
Bluebird Chick

Post by Doylj »

here is a download of Wolf with DOSbox included in the package. The website is it Slovak/Czech, but most browsers can translate it. Click downloads and get the floppy disk version, as the CD version isn't free.

http://www.oldgames.sk/game/wolf/

This link is better than the Abandia one because you only need to download ONE thing before you can start playing. Trust me (the abandia didn't work for me either)
Game name: Aura
IDs: 58026, 64872, 65237, 65295
Sorry my grammar stinks :(
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

animalguy888 wrote: Also keep in mind that this game was released back in 1994. So the graphics are very poor. If you look closly you can actually see the squares that form all the characters and scenery. Its an old game but its still one of the best wolf games in my opinion.
I dont really care about graphics.
I might download it
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

I've always loved WOLF and LION. c: They are amazing games, and I really hope WOLFonline pulls through.
kimiko70714
Bluebird Chick

Post by kimiko70714 »

Ack. OK, its winter, but I the Alpha Female in my pack isn't allowing me near her. How do I know when its the mating season? I'm the Alpha Male, if that helps.
Don't let them die! ImageImageImageImageImage
animalguy888
Adult Gecko

Post by animalguy888 »

kimiko70714 wrote:Ack. OK, its winter, but I the Alpha Female in my pack isn't allowing me near her. How do I know when its the mating season? I'm the Alpha Male, if that helps.
You not supposed to go to your mate... Your mate will come to you. Look at your wolf's age. if you start the game in winter you will be (x)years and 7 monyhs old. (I put x as an example because years can be any number) when you turn (x)years and 9 months old the alpha female will come to you and animation will pop up were you and the other alpha shjow affection by nuzzling each other and then the screen goes away. Now you have mated. Though theres anohter long wait after this. Pups will not appear until you are (x) years and 0 months. Its a long process but its still a fun and entertaining game.

heres a video I made on youtube a while back that should explain it as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HxaUmwkRbw

Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

I personally like LION more, and Simant is also an odd, but entertaining game. I think I'm going to make a DOSbox topic for all of the games:]
Image Image
Image Image