Abnormal Art Contest 2: The Results are in!

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Abnormal Art Contest 2: The Results are in!

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

Submissions Due July 10th!
----------------
I have decided to host another art contest since everyone has been so creative lately the time seemed right. The art can range from comics to visual poems. Lets try to be our most creative!
----------------
Judging:
I will be the only one to judge or review the artwork here. I will judge art work depending on originality,details,concept, and of course the overall beauty of the piece. As judge I won't play favorites to my friends.I promise to judge every piece fairly and honestly. Please remember, this is all for fun so please don't take anything I say in the end personally.
----------------
Rules: In order to participate you must agree to follow the below.

1)Follow all forum rules.
2)No swear words,harassment,etc.
3)Have respect for others and their art.
4)Art must stay family friendly,may allow small amounts of blood if needed.
5)Art must be 100% yours,which means if a character or idea is featured it must belong to you or it can't be used. This strongly means made up characters based on a world created by another; say warrior cats.
6)Art must be 100% new art. This means it can't be old or from the past. We want your best work yet!
7)Only ONE art work per person,so make it count and be your best.
8)Have fun!
----------------
Submission Forms: Fill this out to submit your art.

Name: What your piece is called.
Description: History,reason,inspiration,etc. for art.
Tools: What items were used to create piece such as mouse,tablet,ink,etc.
Art: The art goes here.
----------------
Prizes: Still somewhat undecided. Winners, please request your prizes as soon as the contest is over as no one decided to claim their prizes the last contest if my memory serves me well.

1st Place)Will receive massive glory and a special custom banner/or something of their choosing.
2nd Place)Will receive small glory and a special custom banner.
3rd Place)Will receive tiny glory and a special custom banner.
Honorable Mentions)Will receive praise and perhaps participation goodies.
----------------
Fun Fact:99% of this post was ripped off from the original contest. Oh, good ol' creative me!

[Accepted-Art]

Lady:
Name: Humming Bird
Description: I was inspired by... my brain.. and the beauty of humming birds. :3
Tools: Sumopaint. x3
Art: http://i55.tinypic.com/vcthe0.png

Mook:
Name: BodeyEye
Description: While i was camping i got bored and took a picture of my dog's eye on my phone. When i got home the next morning i was looking at the pictures i took and came across the image. I suddenly had the urge to draw it and Walah!
Tools: I drew the picture in SumoPaint using my touchpad on my laptop.
Art: http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad58 ... deyEye.png

Skeer-Ah:

Art: Cedar's troubles
Discription: i wanted to draw something with Cedar.
Tools: Gimp
Art: http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... /Cedar.jpg

Zelda0909:

Name: Dragon for Doom!
Description: Lisa was my inspration and hatena and Doom... Yeah...
Tools: I used my laptop touch pad I used pencil, paint, blur, spray,erasor.
Art: http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/4366 ... ordoom.png

Darkmoon:
Name: Saratoga Champs
Description: I watched the movie Secratariat and it took me a while to relize I was replacing Red with Annoth during races (dragon racing XD) Anyway its her struggling in a long 2.8 mi long race in the final turn and the 3rd place dragon is ready to take the gold
Tools: mouse in Photoshop (my second drawing on it :D)
Art: http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k59 ... ragons.png

Mystery101:
Name: Snow Play
Description: Hard to explain.. I guess I decided to take a break from drawing cats and try out canines for once. ^.^ I didn't name these characters, didn't give them much thought, but I like how it turned out. Basically just 2 wolves who are out in the snow at the break of dawn, and one ended up on the ground. :3 Also, this is my first drawing using Paint Tool SAI, as well as the first since I got my replacement tablet pen. :)
Tools: Pencil& paper for the sketch, bamboo tablet& PaintTool SAI for the final drawing.
Art: http://i55.tinypic.com/xemkjl.png

FursieMoon:
Name: Platykiwi
Description: My friend Cory and I were talking, and I mentioned something about a kiwi/platypus hybrid. His sarcastic reply was most of the inspiration for me to finally draw it. XD So here's the picture of a duck-billed platypus and a kiwi bird. :3
Tools: Manga Studio, tablet.
Art: http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 4863_n.jpg

Kazz:
Name: "I swear...I only had...four..."
Description: Mother dragon counting her hatchings as they play tag. I found another way to make fun of Kaze, one of my characters, sooo xD
Tools: Paint Tool Sai and Tablet
Art: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/ ... 3kjjck.png
Last edited by Døøm Dragøn on Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
ImageImage-Kill the disgrace!
Image-Destwoy!
Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Re: Abnormal Art Contest 2!

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

RESULTS! Thank you to all the people who participated!
========================================
1st Place:
Kazz:
Great work Kazz. I have to say I am very impressed by the coloring of the outlines and of course, the calm colors. What's with all the calm colors?! I love how you gave each dragon their own color designs yet kept them the same in a sense. It took me a while to realize that a collie was actually flying with the group. I also favor the mother's expression and beady little eyes. You have lost some points on the backround though. It seemed to have potential , yet you stopped right at its peak. The colors blend well and keep things simple, but what would it have been like with a backround? Regardless, you have earned the 1st place spot. Congratulations!
-----------------------------------------
2nd Place:
Darkmoon:
Ahh, I love the concept. Very original indeed! I love how each dragon has their own unique mask and expression. Yet, the blue dragon's legs are a bit odd. One leg is like a noodle and the other, a stiff rod. The backround is nice, yet seems a bit plain. I think a tree or two would settle it or perhaps a sign confirming the race. The fact that this was drawn with a mouse impresses me. I can barely draw with a tablet but with a mouse I couldn't do it. This is why I had decided to give you 2nd place! Rejoice!
3rd Place:
FursieMoon:
Platapuskiwiw hybrid? Very creative. I mean, those two creatures are already odd on their own but together are even odder. The colors go well together and are relaxing and you made good use of effects. My favorite part would have to be the tail as it draw my attention. You have earned yourself 3rd place. Pat yourself on the back.
Honorable Mentions:
Lady:
Very impressive Lady. I like how you made the hummingbird stand out from the rest of the picture as it is the soul of the picture. The way you drew the feathers on the bird was also lovely, though, I feel the backround could be a bit less plain. The grass/ green stuff could be more vibrant and the clouds as well. Clouds can be annoying to draw, however. All in all, this is a very wonderful piece and brings a mind to peace.

Mook:
Ahh, yes. Very nice indeed. I like how the eye seems like it can move and if it was to be implemented into a full view dog it will surely show. Perhaps try it sometime, you shouldn't regret it. There is one thing that bothers me, however. See that one blotch of dark color under the eye? Yes, that's it. I feel it should have been mixed in with the fur to make it more realistic looking as fur usually flows with the eye. Also, you could have defined were the muzzle would start. Like um...look at the eyes of human. See how the end of the eye flows down into the nose? I don't know, but great picture regardless.

Skeer-Ah:
Ehey, seems like you went a bit nuts with the smudge tool...I love doing that too. Anyway, I am sorry to say that I have spotted lots of flaws in this piece. First of, I think the tongue could blend in more with the backround as the rest of the outline so the cat thing won't look so cut off from the backround or give it a backround that would be more fitting to the picture, but don't take this right away. This is just what I would do. And I can see the cat is attacking given its aggressive expression but it's paws make it look like it's praying? The main problem I spotted is that I can't tell what position the left paw is in. Am I looking at the top or the bottom of the paw?! If its the top you have drawn the thumb on the wrong side. If its the bottom the padding should match the other paw. The claws are the reason why I got confused as they are crooked and shooting in all directions. Despite all its flaws the colors are very welcoming.

Zelda0909:
A dragon, alright! The color's are very welcoming and the dragon's design is not to complicated. The excessive amount of red backround annoys me a little, though. Before I say anything else I would like to know the specific program you used. What it gimp? Does gimp have layers or just fancy effects? I'm not sure...anyway, I can easily see how you could have used some layers but if you didn't have access to layers, that's fine. I can teach you a little trick I used to use. To add the glowy stuff around an outline with out covering it up cut the already colored picture away and color in the area you will place the picture. Pop the picture back in by pasting and make sure it is in transparent mod. Am I making sense? I hope I do because that's all I can really put into words at the moment. Oh, and make sure to do all this on a white backround. To add color to a backround cut away the image, glow and all. Only add the image when the backround is complete.

Mystery101:
I really like the shading on this piece. Shading. My fellow nemeses...yet you seem to have done well here. The expressions are simple yet that is all that is needed. The colors are simple and calming. Though, is the yellow stuff glow around the white wolf or is it the sun?

(Wow, this is short. Sorry, but I can't really find anything else to say...don't get angry, please. D:)
Last edited by Døøm Dragøn on Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
Image-Destwoy!
Darkmoon
Baby Gecko

Post by Darkmoon »

ooooo cant wait :3
IGN: Zephyr , User #49266 :D Playing for ~7 years.... and still no fire ants :oops:
Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

The results should be posted in a few days but I have been so lazy lately...so...maybe...soon.
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
Image-Destwoy!
SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Post by SilentEcho »

I'm excited to see the results, even though I didn't enter. When are you making another one?
If you don't know who I am by now, I'm just some girl who changes obsessions all the time.
Current Obsessions: Pokemon, TWD, Glee and The legend of Korra

Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

Making another? I suppose when this forum gets more settled in. And I feel like reviewing artwork. I hope to enter a contest for a change though. Anyway, the results are in! :mrgreen:
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
Image-Destwoy!
Darkmoon
Baby Gecko

Re: Abnormal Art Contest 2: The Results are in!

Post by Darkmoon »

:D congrats to all :3
IGN: Zephyr , User #49266 :D Playing for ~7 years.... and still no fire ants :oops:
€hrysalisΨolfHer☼
Baby Gecko

Post by €hrysalisΨolfHer☼ »

Congratulations to all the winners and honorable mentions! ^^ 3rd place?? :shock: I ish so happay! *receives tiny glory* I shall name him.... Serenity. (Homestuck reference. XD)
Game Name: Moonstar
I used to be: Fursiemoon

Magistream-ImageImageImageImage
DragCave-
webearthonline
Global Moderator

Post by webearthonline »

Døøm Dragøn wrote:Making another? I suppose when this forum gets more settled in. And I feel like reviewing artwork. I hope to enter a contest for a change though. Anyway, the results are in! :mrgreen:
Where are the results?
I don't see them or a link to them?
What did I miss?
weo
Zelda0909
Adult Gecko

Post by Zelda0909 »

uh... you made no sense at all! XD I used gimp it doese use layers but its not as fancy as photoshop. I dont think I have a tool that allows me to do that... anyway thanks for the tip.
€hrysalisΨolfHer☼
Baby Gecko

Post by €hrysalisΨolfHer☼ »

webearthonline wrote:
Døøm Dragøn wrote:Making another? I suppose when this forum gets more settled in. And I feel like reviewing artwork. I hope to enter a contest for a change though. Anyway, the results are in! :mrgreen:
Where are the results?
I don't see them or a link to them?
What did I miss?
Here, Weo. :D
Døøm Dragøn wrote:RESULTS! Thank you to all the people who participated!
========================================
1st Place:
Kazz:
Great work Kazz. I have to say I am very impressed by the coloring of the outlines and of course, the calm colors. What's with all the calm colors?! I love how you gave each dragon their own color designs yet kept them the same in a sense. It took me a while to realize that a collie was actually flying with the group. I also favor the mother's expression and beady little eyes. You have lost some points on the backround though. It seemed to have potential , yet you stopped right at its peak. The colors blend well and keep things simple, but what would it have been like with a backround? Regardless, you have earned the 1st place spot. Congratulations!
2nd Place:
Darkmoon:
Ahh, I love the concept. Very original indeed! I love how each dragon has their own unique mask and expression. Yet, the blue dragon's legs are a bit odd. One leg is like a noodle and the other, a stiff rod. The backround is nice, yet seems a bit plain. I think a tree or two would settle it or perhaps a sign confirming the race. The fact that this was drawn with a mouse impresses me. I can barely draw with a tablet but with a mouse I couldn't do it. This is why I had decided to give you 2nd place! Rejoice!
3rd Place:
FursieMoon:
Platapuskiwiw hybrid? Very creative. I mean, those two creatures are already odd on their own but together are even odder. The colors go well together and are relaxing and you made good use of effects. My favorite part would have to be the tail as it draw my attention. You have earned yourself 3rd place. Pat yourself on the back.
Honorable Mentions:
Lady:
Very impressive Lady. I like how you made the hummingbird stand out from the rest of the picture as it is the soul of the picture. The way you drew the feathers on the bird was also lovely, though, I feel the backround could be a bit less plain. The grass/ green stuff could be more vibrant and the clouds as well. Clouds can be annoying to draw, however. All in all, this is a very wonderful piece and brings a mind to peace.

Mook:
Ahh, yes. Very nice indeed. I like how the eye seems like it can move and if it was to be implemented into a full view dog it will surely show. Perhaps try it sometime, you shouldn't regret it. There is one thing that bothers me, however. See that one blotch of dark color under the eye? Yes, that's it. I feel it should have been mixed in with the fur to make it more realistic looking as fur usually flows with the eye. Also, you could have defined were the muzzle would start. Like um...look at the eyes of human. See how the end of the eye flows down into the nose? I don't know, but great picture regardless.

Skeer-Ah:
Ehey, seems like you went a bit nuts with the smudge tool...I love doing that too. Anyway, I am sorry to say that I have spotted lots of flaws in this piece. First of, I think the tongue could blend in more with the backround as the rest of the outline so the cat thing won't look so cut off from the backround or give it a backround that would be more fitting to the picture, but don't take this right away. This is just what I would do. And I can see the cat is attacking given its aggressive expression but it's paws make it look like it's praying? The main problem I spotted is that I can't tell what position the left paw is in. Am I looking at the top or the bottom of the paw?! If its the top you have drawn the thumb on the wrong side. If its the bottom the padding should match the other paw. The claws are the reason why I got confused as they are crooked and shooting in all directions. Despite all its flaws the colors are very welcoming.

Zelda0909:
A dragon, alright! The color's are very welcoming and the dragon's design is not to complicated. The excessive amount of red backround annoys me a little, though. Before I say anything else I would like to know the specific program you used. What it gimp? Does gimp have layers or just fancy effects? I'm not sure...anyway, I can easily see how you could have used some layers but if you didn't have access to layers, that's fine. I can teach you a little trick I used to use. To add the glowy stuff around an outline with out covering it up cut the already colored picture away and color in the area you will place the picture. Pop the picture back in by pasting and make sure it is in transparent mod. Am I making sense? I hope I do because that's all I can really put into words at the moment. Oh, and make sure to do all this on a white backround. To add color to a backround cut away the image, glow and all. Only add the image when the backround is complete.

Mystery101:
I really like the shading on this piece. Shading. My fellow nemeses...yet you seem to have done well here. The expressions are simple yet that is all that is needed. The colors are simple and calming. Though, is the yellow stuff glow around the white wolf or is it the sun?

(Wow, this is short. Sorry, but I can't really find anything else to say...don't get angry, please. D:)
Game Name: Moonstar
I used to be: Fursiemoon

Magistream-ImageImageImageImage
DragCave-
webearthonline
Global Moderator

Post by webearthonline »

oic

They were posted into an older message after this one that said they would be posted soon.

The results were posted into the WEO News section ( just click NEWS on the main WEO menubar ),

http://www.webearthonline.com/info/whatsnew.html
weo
Darkmoon
Baby Gecko

Post by Darkmoon »

:O Thats pretty cool :3 :mrgreen:
Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

Thank you WEO! Seeing my name on the news makes me feel happy. :mrgreen:
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
Image-Destwoy!
Lysander
Baby Mouse
Location: Why is this tomato orbiting in space at 4.8 miles per second?

Post by Lysander »

Delete my post in the results.

I left anyways.
hello. my name is gabriel and sometimes i draw
my art: http://drhastielanyon.tumblr.com/