The O.O.A. topic (Art Topic)

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Re: The O.O.A. topic (Art Topic)

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

Yeah, the back leg is a bit too forward. And...what's the word...? No as steady or firm? Bah, I don't know.
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
ImageImage-Kill the disgrace!
Image-Destwoy!
LunaWolf
Adult Gecko

Post by LunaWolf »

Yeah, I see what you mean. I dunno the word either. xD; Stable? I dunno, something like that. I think I made the 'heel' part of the foot too long too. I think it'll look more steady if I fix that.
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

I like it, Luna. ^-^ Yeah, the back leg personally seems a bit too far front, but, I'm not all too familiar with canine anatomy...
Maybe the tail is a bit stiff as well? *shrug*

Inspired by the serval cat. Very typical of me - only lines... If you look close, there are two sketched head positions - one looking at the side, and one looking at the back of the head. I wasn't certain which is best to match the way the shoulders are set. It seems like it'd be a mixture of both, even?
Attachments
serval.png
serval.png (34.73 KiB) Viewed 9505 times
Artwork: Tumblr
LunaWolf
Adult Gecko

Post by LunaWolf »

Yeah, the tail bothered me a bit. The angle's a bit weird. It was supposed to look like the wind was blowing it back(that tail's like 90% fluff.), but it just looks stiff. xD It's going to be a pain to go back over the lineart. e.o This is why I almost NEVER sketch then ink, waay too much work for me. xD I always just do the lineart first, then color, making changes as I go.

I like the shoulders, they're well-defined. I always put shoulders way too far down. It reminds me of my cat for some reason. You going to refine it at all or leave it as-is?
Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

Interesting sketch Quagga. I love the pose but the right leg looks a bit wonky, but it should be no problem with and sketch and you already know what to do there.
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
Image-Destwoy!
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

I'm hoping to clean it up more, but whether I do or not... And yeah, legs seem to be one of the more troubling things, for me.
Mook
Adult Mouse
Location: Walking through a store randomly hitting people on the head with an empty plastic water bottle,fun!

Post by Mook »

Ooo, its great Quagga :mrgreen: what color are you planning on making the fur?
No Steps Backward.

Size 95 - 84857d
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

If I ever get around to it... it'll be serval-like, for sure!
Mook
Adult Mouse
Location: Walking through a store randomly hitting people on the head with an empty plastic water bottle,fun!

Post by Mook »

I hope you finish it
No Steps Backward.

Size 95 - 84857d
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

Heh, I wouldn't encourage that... My tendency to leave things unfinished... Maybe someday I'll get around to finishing all the things I started, never finished... Ah well. At least thanks for the compliments, all. ^-^ <3

EDIT:
Obvious edit is obvious. xD
They have shorter tails. :O So the tail I currently picked is the lowest one.

Thinking about it now, I'm not very sure how well the legs look. Still just as a sketch, but yeah, not really certain if they look alright so far?
Attachments
serval2.png
serval2.png (7.97 KiB) Viewed 9484 times
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

Double-post reasons: Update on my drawing, and the typical excuse that peoples wouldn't see that there's an update unless I were to double-post... I have waited in hope that peoples would post so that I wouldn't double-post, but no one did. Just for the record. xD

... So I started coloring it a bit. In PIXELS. DARNIT.
Looking at some pictures, the head might need to shrink a bit? And the tail should be floofier... Then the... uhh. rear-end fix'd a little bit. XD And the ears some, too.
Attachments
serval4.5.png
serval4.5.png (25.64 KiB) Viewed 9480 times
Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

Oooo, very good Quagga. I think it needs to be a bit skinner to match the feel of a cat...or...er...something.
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
Image-Destwoy!
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

Some cats aren't always all that thin. :P And sometimes it's just all skin and hair.
I'll see what happens. Probably fix a bit of it's ... belly. lololol
I think it might need more fur, perhaps, too... like, fluffy, fuzzy fur. It seems a bit too flat, right now.
Last edited by Quagga on Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

Yes. More fur is essential. I guess just try to make it more alive. I don't know how you would go about that.
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
Image-Destwoy!
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

So I've begun! I'm working off of THIS reference, noticeably so. It's helped WONDERFULLY - looks a LOT better. The head was too long, nose too long, mouth not at the correct position for this point of view, eye too large, and ears incorrect...
But, that's just the head, and I'm getting into details... Eek. >.<
Yes, so, what's the list of things I may want to change before I get into anymore permanent, difficult-to-change things?

I'm particularly happy of the eye. I've never been quite able to make it look proper, they've always appeared large and a bit too unrealistic for a realistic image, and this is the best I've got so far.
Actually, it's all surprisingly good, personally, so far. It's much better than what I was ever expecting. Although, I'd hate to get annoying and sound... oh, I can't think of the word, but you know. xD Too "proud," though proud isn't the word... It's just that I never expect much good, and so it's a bit surprising, myself, to see how well I do sometimes. ...Arrogant, maybe the word is? Ah well. Forgive my rambling. xD
Attachments
serval5.png
serval5.png (34.76 KiB) Viewed 9464 times