The O.O.A. topic (Art Topic)

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Re: The O.O.A. topic (Art Topic)

Post by Ayashe »

Here, have some quick artz. I can put these in links if they're too big.

StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

So jealous of your epic-skillz, Aya... you make simple drawings, but they look so beautiful. ._. And the designs are really creative, too.
Recently finished a drawing of some kitties. It started out as a built-up art tension moment in Math class(everyone crowded my desk, felt really nervous to be watched.. >//<) and the designs were inspired by a good friend of mine. I'll probably put this in my sig.. my current one has been there for quite a while..

Sketch was with paper, pencil, and pen- the final was all done in Paint Tool Sai. c: Opinions/advice?
http://tea-shell.deviantart.com/

InGame name: Esari or Starwolf
I respond to StarWolf/Star or Teashell/Tea
Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

thisissoamazing udontevenknow
Space was intentional.
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

elephantFORAMBER9copyright.png
elephantFORAMBER9copyright.png (170.32 KiB) Viewed 9894 times
An elephant calf I drew for a friend. Yes that's my name. No I don't care. No don't try to contact me whatsoever, I will refuse it. I'm 17, and it's solely for signature purposes; I fully recognize all potential outcomes of doing this. But since I will possibly use it for future pieces, be it photography or otherwise, and even on other sites... I figured I wouldn't hesitate to include showing art with it on, here. No harm; now you can recognize what work is and isn't mine, and I prevent thievery. Simple simple. (I don't encourage or discourage it. Be smart.)
nyalaala2.png
nyalaala2.png (113.25 KiB) Viewed 9894 times
Nyala WIP

I dare say I'm getting better. Not pro, but terribly gradual progression...
Yaay :D
Artwork: Tumblr
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

That elephant has to be the best elephant I have seen someone draw that looks real enough, but at the same time not-real...
For some reason, I like that kind of art- the kind that looks real-ish, but not camera-shot real. o3o

€hrysalisΨolfHer☼
Baby Gecko

Post by €hrysalisΨolfHer☼ »

StarWolf wrote:That elephant has to be the best elephant I have seen someone draw that looks real enough, but at the same time not-real...
For some reason, I like that kind of art- the kind that looks real-ish, but not camera-shot real. o3o
I know what you mean XD And I totally agree with you!
Game Name: Moonstar
I used to be: Fursiemoon

Magistream-ImageImageImageImage
DragCave-
Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

Aya, Quagga, Star. I'M SO JELLY OF YOUR AMAZING SKILLS<33
Image Image
Image Image
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

nyalaala10.png
nyalaala10.png (172.48 KiB) Viewed 9859 times
WIP yet
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Looks really nice so far. There are some spots on the neck that show maybe a little more detail, but it's more of something to point out than anything drastic. The only thing that may get to me is how suddenly dark the hair gets at the bottom of the neck, however I don't know if that's a natural thing for the animal. Surely it could be, but, if not, maybe just something to look at.

Two words:
Milk 'stache.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

The body I'm not content with, yet. I've been struggling with the texture, shading, and colors... But I've concluded that anything color-related, and partial shading changes, can be fixed afterwards. It gets difficult when I accidentally switch to different styles, or can't get the same look again for some reason... Which I blame on the fact that I have a common tendency to stop working on something for a couple days.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Haha, it's a given to work on the same thing and stop every few days before you get back to it. Either way I greatly enjoy the work you put into everything, and I'm sure that anything coloring and shading related can be worked later on. I can see where the style may change a little, but nonetheless it still very well fits the character of the animal. I believe that this kind of work may be pretty time consuming and every little strand of hair counts, so taking breaks every now and then may be easier on the eyes.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

Quagga wrote:
nyalaala10.png
WIP yet
Beautiful!
Very detailed.
Looks real.
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
Lady
Adult Hawk

Post by Lady »

StarWolf wrote:So jealous of your epic-skillz, Aya... you make simple drawings, but they look so beautiful. ._. And the designs are really creative, too.
Recently finished a drawing of some kitties. It started out as a built-up art tension moment in Math class(everyone crowded my desk, felt really nervous to be watched.. >//<) and the designs were inspired by a good friend of mine. I'll probably put this in my sig.. my current one has been there for quite a while..

Sketch was with paper, pencil, and pen- the final was all done in Paint Tool Sai. c: Opinions/advice?
Oh my.. starry, you've improved a ton since I last saw your art. :O Nice art guys, keep up the good work :3
At this very same spot on April 23rd, 1898, absolutely nothing happened.-Sign at a gas station.
Is Blade (ID: 44687) Ingame.
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

Oh, thanks Lady. A few weeks ago I went through my 'Flashdrive of Memories' and took a look at all the art I drew... I laugh at my old drawings now.
Sad thing is, my artist tick of only doing really good drawings when I am very tired or depressed has yet to go away. e.e
Also, paper maches count as art, yes?

Kazz
Adult Bluebird

Post by Kazz »

What do you guys think of the blur/fade effect? xD

For Full Size:
http://di-ess.deviantart.com/art/ZzzzZzz-290408838