I'm thinking about making an online game. Opinons?

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Re: I'm thinking about making an online game. Opinons?

Post by Alexander »

(I wanna be a ditto!)
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
wildchild
Cardinal Chick
Location: Right behind you and your in my way! Could you please move? Move please! MOVE MOVE MOOOOVE!

Post by wildchild »

The game sounds like it's coming on really well, I can't wait for it to be ready. Do you have a rough idea of how long it's gonna take to complete?
VOTE WILDCHILD FOR SHERRIF!

~May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favour...~

MagiStream Profile: http://magistream.com/user/CheyenneWarrior
shadow-wolf
Adult Bluebird

Post by shadow-wolf »

wow! it sounds great! will all mods have powers? and did u like my idea about the extinct animals???? i would love that!
8jgb
Bluebird Chick

Post by 8jgb »

Hey everyone well, my luck has not been very good latley. You know how I said I'd work on it this week, well I'm having a personal crisis. I got absolutly no idea on how long this going to take. It's just a at home project I want to work on and share with you guys. Yeah almost all the mods will have some sort of power. I'll have the greatist powers, Quagga would be second greatest and a few others, then the highest moderator would be third and so on. As for extinct animals I like that but I'd probably make it a seperate game. Oh also, I forgot I have game maker which is a lot like multimedia 2 and it takes some form of code. So that's another option. Now just to make this clear, the powers would be released at launch or sometime in the future of the launch. Basically it's a bonus. I'm going to put power levels for future refrence here.
Game creator: Mother natures power
Quagga and a few others: Almost mother natures power (controls weather, speeds up time of day, can cast almost all spells, except or the instant kill spell.)
Top mod: power of lord voldemort if choose (can almost kill you, can control minor weather, can't mess with time. All healing spells available and others)
Regular mods: a socers level (can harm to halfway at once, almost all spells available, except rebirth, can't mess with weather or time, can heal to halfway )
minor mods: a magicians power ( can heal, can hurt a bit, has power of mythical best.)
All have the power to become a mythical beast
shadow-wolf
Adult Bluebird

Post by shadow-wolf »

...who else is gonna be mod? ...i wos wondering - i dont know if this will sound bad - but can i b a mod?....
dolphin
Bluebird Chick

Post by dolphin »

yes id like to be a mod. not because of the powers but i want to help keep balance with the site.
vote dolphin 4 judge!!!!!
shadow-wolf
Adult Bluebird

Post by shadow-wolf »

yep, thats what i wanna do, i just thought i would be pretty good at it, at my school i was like, sorta a mod, on the school website, it had a chat room so me and a few of my mates got picked to be moderators! im sure i have what, "experiance" in it eh? :wink: :wink: :wink:
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

Hows the game going so far? I’d like to be a mod... But, I’m in-experianced. (Did I spell that right?) Anyway cant wait to play it!
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
8jgb
Bluebird Chick

Post by 8jgb »

I'll decide after I thoretically release the game. So the mod idea is just a thought for now.
shadow-wolf
Adult Bluebird

Post by shadow-wolf »

can u record your process again? im soooooo eager for a report! has there been anything else added? mabey when u get it sorta finished you could relese a demo? so its not compleatly finished but ya know, we can still play it a little? sorry im so impatiant...
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

This seems a brilliant idea! :D When you've made it possible to play, I'll play it but will still go on WEO
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
8jgb
Bluebird Chick

Post by 8jgb »

Ok so I've been debating on something in my head. I've been thinking about writing for fun like a small book or something or if I should do this. Now if I choose the book this game would be put on hold not canceled and I might work on it every now and then. Now, the potential "book" would somehow fall into this quote that I just made up: "Sometimes it's not what it looks like, it's how you look at it." So I'm going to be listing some facts of my skill range for each idea. Give me feedback on what I should do based on the skills.
Savannah Survival (animal game)
1. I've got a cool program (multi media fusion 2)
2. I am able to learn python code if I tried really hard.
3. Quagga is a great drawer who helps me.
4. In the summer I use that time to learn more about programming and techi stuff. (I'm going to be busy, but not as busy)
5. I only have a fraction of an idea on how to code.
6. The program can be limited and it might not be able to take python
7. I've got no idea how to share the possible game even if its made

The story
1. It's easy, all I have to do is type with an imagination
2. Copyright would probably not come into play
3. I know how to write, not to much learning to do
4. It takes a while, but not as long
5. I could share this if I want
Windskipper
Bluebird Chick

Post by Windskipper »

I really do hope someone makes a decent enough animal survival game like WEO, but perhaps even more realistic, like WOLF. But I would like one that doesn't need downloading or is easier to download. I'm looking foward to your game, good luck!
My Status:
NAME: Windskipper
Female Fox
50837 Points
8jgb
Bluebird Chick

Post by 8jgb »

Ok folks, I decided to stick with the game. Looked into it today. Quagga has not contacted me for a long time so I gave her a PM. I'm going to need a team of people who can actually code. Does anyone here know how to create sounds, code, or even just techi stuff tell me. I'm more of a person who can think and do lots of computer things. But my knowlege is limited. Now if anyone does want to come together there will be some things that I need to clear up.
1. You won't be paid. This is a fun communty project if you only want money for it then don't do it.
2. We would be a very loose team. It's a hobby that we do when ever we have the time and the want to do it. (The thing you do when your really bored or for a hobby.)
3. You have to be nice to each other. You can have debates, not arguments.
4. Have fun ;)!
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

I can animate 2D stuff, so if you need help with that, ask me! I have to buy a new animating program though, the one I have right now is rubbish.
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?