I'm thinking about making an online game. Opinons?

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Re: I'm thinking about making an online game. Opinons?

Post by hoopyscoop »

I’d LOVE to be a meerkat!
I wish you best with your game.
(And what are oxepeckers?)
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
8jgb
Bluebird Chick

Post by 8jgb »

Oxpeckers are black birds with a yellow beak. That beak has a stripe on them. The eat bugs and other parasites on animals such as ox. (Hence the name.) Let me get a picture:
SouthernStar
Adult Rabbit

Post by SouthernStar »

How about a Hornbill? Like Zazu in the Lion King?
For science!
8jgb
Bluebird Chick

Post by 8jgb »

Thats a good idea, might put it in a future version of the game i I don't get stuck at an impossible blockage.
Edit:
Ok so I know a lot of you guys that are commeting are anxious for my game. So I thought that I should tell you something, I'm not a perfesonal game maker. I'm not even one of those guys at the computer who charge for online games. I'm just a person who likes technology, video games, and nature a lot. xD
Edit:
Ok so I thought you would like to see the lion move and hear it roar so I'm going to give you a youtube video! Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdnBqUre2Y8
By the way, the game is going to be called Savanna Survival!
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

8jgb wrote:Thats a good idea, might put it in a future version of the game i I don't get stuck at an impossible blockage.
Edit:
Ok so I know a lot of you guys that are commeting are anxious for my game. So I thought that I should tell you something, I'm not a perfesonal game maker. I'm not even one of those guys at the computer who charge for online games. I'm just a person who likes technology, video games, and nature a lot. xD
Edit:
Ok so I thought you would like to see the lion move and hear it roar so I'm going to give you a youtube video! Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdnBqUre2Y8
By the way, the game is going to be called Savanna Survival!
That was awesome! Nice game! I’ve been dying to see it! Thanks for the video!
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Post by SilentEcho »

Cool, it's definitely starting well :3
If you don't know who I am by now, I'm just some girl who changes obsessions all the time.
Current Obsessions: Pokemon, TWD, Glee and The legend of Korra

8jgb
Bluebird Chick

Post by 8jgb »

Ok I just added the concept of grass. For some of the preadors they wil lbe able to crouc in the grass to be extra sneaky for npcs or real people. Also I figured something out, for online gaming I realized that the tutorial requires an ip adress of someone you know locally, so that's out the window. Time to go to youtube and look it up. Also, I haven't been learning code latley due to life I'm gonna put myself to work maybe this weekend and finish copying a test ski game in python code. But here is the best part, I've found an awesome application called blender, now the main purpose is to create 3d models. But blender can also create short animations and games! The games also run off of python coding so I can put AI in if I get good enough with python :D! Anyways Quagga created the zebra sprite as well which she can share if she wants to. So if multimedia fusion 2 fails me I can go to blender and create from there and make id 3d :). Quagga's sprites won't be left out either because the would be the basis of the possible models. So that's the update.
SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Post by SilentEcho »

You could always put them on the options screen, next to the choice of animal.

Zebra (sprite) Hyena (sprite)

Lion (sprite)

Buffalo (sprite)
If you don't know who I am by now, I'm just some girl who changes obsessions all the time.
Current Obsessions: Pokemon, TWD, Glee and The legend of Korra

8jgb
Bluebird Chick

Post by 8jgb »

Excellent idea in case I go blender. I'm still doing 2d with multimedia right now.
shadow-wolf
Adult Bluebird

Post by shadow-wolf »

awsome! it would be better if u did it all in 3 d if quagga does more cant u turn them 3D?
Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

This looks like it's coming along really well :3 I'd suggest though, for the water, make it infinite, because When I watched the video it looks like it's a limited resource. Also the dirt seems to go up fast, and the food and water look like they go down fast :P
Just a few things that I notice :3
Image Image
Image Image
dolphin
Bluebird Chick

Post by dolphin »

alligator
hyena
giraffe
cheetah
gazelle
elephants
also if you have buffalo you should have those birds that are on them and eat there bugs but they also eat the bugs off of giraffes.
vote dolphin 4 judge!!!!!
8jgb
Bluebird Chick

Post by 8jgb »

Thank you everyone! Ok so unfortuanly I haven't been doing anything because I've been stressed out. But recently I got a graphics tablet and I'm actually somewhat ok at drawing :). I figured I should learn how to code before working on the game so I might get a wee bit more knowledge this week. Sorry guys about not doing much...
shadow-wolf
Adult Bluebird

Post by shadow-wolf »

oh ok, have u added any more animals? it would be awsome! , i cant wait, as soon as u most and finish the game, ill proberly b the first person 2 play it! will there be any mods or whatever? will it be online? what would the loading screen be? lol sorry, i ask LOADS of questions!!!!!!
8jgb
Bluebird Chick

Post by 8jgb »

Well to answer your questions, yes I've got the sprite for a zebra to play as. In fact in the final product I plan to have every species of npc, to an extent, as a playable species. I'd defiently be a mod thing, and maybe a few close friends I have. Quagga could have special powers like me (yes I'm gonna have powers :) ) Such as being a mythical creature if I want to. I plan to make this an online multiplayer game. As for the loading creen I really don't know yet.
Edit: I made the pond of water ifinite and increased the time to become dirty by 5 seconds.