All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Hope
Adult Mouse
Location: Shadowclan Territory, plotting of ruling the forest!

Post by Hope »

Ive been wondering for quite awhile now. Will the Human Population end in 2012? What will happen? When will it happen?

I don't need answers I need opinions! I will have a little chart with Yes it will, No it won't, Something will happen but humans won't end.

Yes: 1
No: 7
Human population won't end but something WILL happen!:
Last edited by Hope on Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Epic 24/7 Minecraft Server sc27.servercraft.co:8076
Minecraft Status: Single... XD Just Joking I'm Online
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Re: 2012

Post by Alexander »

I base my opinions off of facts, rather than opinion after opinion.
So I say no, nothing will happen and nothing special will happen. To me it is just something someone thought could have been it, and then the media just had to blast it out like it was the truth for everyone to freak out about.
I've seen countless amounts of articles displaying facts and reasons why 2012 is not the end of all humanity or the end of the world itself. Will something happen on that day? I don't know, no one knows, there's no reason to try and predict on a specific day of what will happen. What do you think will happen on January 13th 2012? I don't know, I'll be in school and there'll be countless amounts of homework to do at home. Though I could be wrong because the 13th could be during the weekend and therefore I would not have school that day. See what I mean?
Not that I'm saying December 2012 was a random day someone just felt like picking out. It was based off of the Mayan Calendar, of which they of course turned their way of expressing years to our way, which seems to be on a day from December 2012.
Is it really all that special? Not from what I can tell. At first everyone had many crazy theories, but now I see people doubting the end of the world.

Though I do believe that at one point the world/humanity/all life may end because we are not taking good care of our home. We are not. There's no need to hide it. Sure people are helping, but not enough for it to really be all that effective. We're going to end up like the new show Terra-Nova, where in the 22nd century our world is going into environmental collapse. The air is unbreathable, and oranges are like gold. Only 2 children per family.
We're greedy, selfish, and war-obsessive beings. When will we change for the better? When it's too late? Possibly.

So here is my basic opinion.
No, nothing will happen on December 2012. However it does not mean that just because we ruled December 2012 out, that we will never have the end of the world on our hands.

Though just because I think so far that the world/life will not end on December 2012, doesn't mean I'm not open to facts bringing up as to why it could.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Hope
Adult Mouse

Post by Hope »

Okay, great! I'll add your opinion onto the list!
sparkwolf111
Baby Gecko

Post by sparkwolf111 »

i hate when people claim theese things, in the last 30 years there have been mutiple times wen ppl said the world would end, exp:2000, 1997, and 2x this year, i mean srsly, the only good this is doing is making money for news reporters and movie makers. not to mention the suicidel people who kill themselves a day before that date comes =.=
Number 1 rabbit. My in-game name is keyin.
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

I dislike it when they claim to be Christian, yet continue to make guesses. It quite clearly states in the Bible that no one will know when that day comes. Yet they continue to ignore various statements and promises, and twist and manipulate the Bible to only benefit themselves. I don't understand their reasoning for it.

In no way do I believe that 2012 will be the end of the world, partially for the fact that people predict it will be. I will never believe any prediction.
Artwork: Tumblr
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Some people predicted because of the Mayan calendar. Though it is true, as far as I remember it is only Bob that knows when the end of the world comes, no one else will ever know.
These religious people that claim they know when the world ends are ignorant and arrogant. It's like they want these gullible people to die the day before it comes. There have always been people whom commit suicide before the date of a predicted end of the world comes.

However, this is how I think of the end of the world. If it were near, wouldn't the signs be showing days or even months before? That if we were going into environmental collapse, signs would show months, maybe even years before.
If the volcano over at Yellow Stone erupted, it would take days or maybe even longer for it to engulf the earth in ashes before everyone can suffocate.
So to me there is no point in committing suicide the day before a predicted date comes.

It seems a little bit off topic, however if you've ever seen the movie 2012, in the beginning they show a news report talking about a whole line of people dead because the end of the world is coming. It's quite sad how people simply give up. They don't want to face the challenge to survive, if there even will be one. And when the next day comes and nothing bad happens, then you just blew your life away for nothing.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

I don't believe in the world ending in 2012 one bit. There have been countless other doomsday dates that have passed, this one should be no different. Besides, if there is a higher power such as Bob I don't think he would want to comply to humanity's predictions as it will make the statement within the Bible false...or something.
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
ImageImage-Kill the disgrace!
Image-Destwoy!
FrostedLake
Bluebird Chick

Post by FrostedLake »

I say no. And why would it be 2012 in the first place? Because it's the next year?
sparkwolf111
Baby Gecko

Post by sparkwolf111 »

actually, i belive this prediction was made in 2009
Number 1 rabbit. My in-game name is keyin.
Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Post by Scarikas »

All I heard is that the Galactic Alignment is supposed to happen on the first day of 2012 and ancient inscriptions hint that it will mean the world will end or some sort of danger is coming.

My mom said the gravity of the moon and our galaxy effects water. and when it changes, it changes us because we're made up of 70% water. So it may make us go fury and kill each other, but I doubt it xD.

The other day my mom was watching a movie that gave facts hinting the world had a high chance of ending on 2012. Out of curiosity, I occasional turned around from my computer to watch. It included a tribe called the Hopi that used to communicate with some sort of Bob. In science class, I learned the Hopi were the descendents of the tribes that used to live in The Grand Canyon. The movie noted that the sun will be in exact alignment with Equius(?) or Aquarius on the rising of the first day of 2012, and in old inscriptions written on rock were Fish and a centaur turning towards the sun. It noted that there used to be 13 Zodiacs, one being a Centaur. It also gave some other important facts that I can't recall.
"They said there would be 3 shakings in the earth"
"The first shaking was World War 1"
"The second shaking was World War 2"
"The third shaking is yet to come"
They said they believed the ending to be of choice to the humans themselves. We have a choice, they said. Assuming that the end would probably come in the pull of water to frustrate and anger us, making us end the world ourselves by taking advantage of and destroying it.
I AM A BANANA.
OFFICIAL FURSONA HERE (I'm finally going to stop changing it)
Click in your free time if you will! ^^
ImageImage
SouthernStar
Adult Rabbit

Post by SouthernStar »

Heh, nothing will happen. There's been loads of other predictions of the end of the world. People used to believe 2000 was going to be the end of the world.. then when nothing happened they upped it up to another year, then when nothing happened in that year they chose another, and so on; and now they've done it again and chosen 2012.

Anyway, humanity has better things to think about.
For science!
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

The Mayans calendar just ends in 2012, so they need to "reset" it, if you will.

Please stay away from religious posts.
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
umbreongirl2
Baby Mouse

Post by umbreongirl2 »

I doubt HIGHLY this will happen.

1. Dude, i was born on 2000. all the time they said it was the end but HOW THE HECK AM I ALIVE TODAY!
2. May something, the world was gonna end. Nothing happened.

I believe were gonna last for a while,
its ending slower than you think.
Dont be dramatic.
People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define reality. But what does it mean to be correct or true? Merely vague concepts ... their reality may all be a mirage. ~Itachi
Hope
Adult Mouse

Post by Hope »

I'm not THAT dramatic, am I Kenya? :D
Myann
Adult Bluebird

Post by Myann »

dont believe everything you hear/see , heard of the word 'Lie?'

click please :3