All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

SouthernStar
Adult Rabbit

Re: 2012

Post by SouthernStar »

SillyBear111 wrote:Ive been wondering for quite awhile now. Will the Human Population end in 2012? What will happen? When will it happen?

I don't need answers I need opinions! I will have a little chart with Yes it will, No it won't, Something will happen but humans won't end.

Yes: 1
No: 7
Human population won't end but something WILL happen!:
Who said yes?

I will find them...
For science!
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

Pretty sure we're entitled to our own opinion...
Though you're possibly gonna insist you were kidding, anyways. *shrug*

Thinking about it, now... It could be an excellent time for terrorists to wreak havoc. If they start bombing and terrorizing people and all, convincing them it's the end of the world and scaring them, it could be very crushing and paralyzing... Course, it could also work without the "end of the world" excuse, I suppose, as well.
Artwork: Tumblr
Hope
Adult Mouse
Location: Shadowclan Territory, plotting of ruling the forest!

Post by Hope »

The other day my mom was watching a movie that gave facts hinting the world had a high chance of ending on 2012. Out of curiosity, I occasional turned around from my computer to watch. It included a tribe called the Hopi that used to communicate with some sort of Bob. In science class, I learned the Hopi were the descendents of the tribes that used to live in The Grand Canyon. The movie noted that the sun will be in exact alignment with Equius(?) or Aquarius on the rising of the first day of 2012, and in old inscriptions written on rock were Fish and a centaur turning towards the sun. It noted that there used to be 13 Zodiacs, one being a Centaur. It also gave some other important facts that I can't recall.
"They said there would be 3 shakings in the earth"
"The first shaking was World War 1"
"The second shaking was World War 2"
"The third shaking is yet to come"
They said they believed the ending to be of choice to the humans themselves. We have a choice, they said. Assuming that the end would probably come in the pull of water to frustrate and anger us, making us end the world ourselves by taking advantage of and destroying it.
I think this was a yes! Please post if you are saying Yes or No!

EDIT: http://2012predictions.org/ Awesome site! Theres tons of proof and topics about the end not happen, about 99.99% of the site has threads about the end NOT happening soon! But theres I think in like 2048 theres a small chance of an astroid or something but it's like 1 in a million!
Epic 24/7 Minecraft Server sc27.servercraft.co:8076
Minecraft Status: Single... XD Just Joking I'm Online
Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Post by Scarikas »

The mayans calendar ended because they ran out of stone. That's it!
I AM A BANANA.
OFFICIAL FURSONA HERE (I'm finally going to stop changing it)
Click in your free time if you will! ^^
ImageImage
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

Yha, the whole Mayan thing- they were probably thinking something along the lines of future humans not bothering to look at their old calandar so they decided not to continue with it. Or... they got lazy?
ANYYWAYS, in science class, we're learning about solar flares. Apperently, scientists think that a really big one is supposed to go off somewhere around 2012(others think later, like 2014) so maybe this is what the thing is about? Because according to the dramatic people in the videos, another solar flare went off and caused this really big blackout. The one they're predicting is supposed to be alot bigger and therefore more power outage- which would totally mess up the economy of whatever country it effects. No running water. no electronics whatsoever, no gas... |: But they could've been overdramatizing it.
http://tea-shell.deviantart.com/

InGame name: Esari or Starwolf
I respond to StarWolf/Star or Teashell/Tea
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Found an article on what you're talking about. I'm guessing from the title it's going to talk about how it won't be that bad. I'll read it up after I'm done with my research project. D:
http://www.universetoday.com/14645/2012 ... lar-flare/
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

StarWolf wrote:Yha, the whole Mayan thing- they were probably thinking something along the lines of future humans not bothering to look at their old calandar so they decided not to continue with it. Or... they got lazy?
ANYYWAYS, in science class, we're learning about solar flares. Apperently, scientists think that a really big one is supposed to go off somewhere around 2012(others think later, like 2014) so maybe this is what the thing is about? Because according to the dramatic people in the videos, another solar flare went off and caused this really big blackout. The one they're predicting is supposed to be alot bigger and therefore more power outage- which would totally mess up the economy of whatever country it effects. No running water. no electronics whatsoever, no gas... |: But they could've been overdramatizing it.
There's no way the Mayans would know of this solar flare. x3 They believed the sun and moon were Gods, so there's no way they'd think one of their Gods was going to 'burst' at the end of their calendar. Again, the whole 2012 thing is basically when the Mayan calendar ends; they just need to reset it.
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

Kenya wrote:
StarWolf wrote:Yha, the whole Mayan thing- they were probably thinking something along the lines of future humans not bothering to look at their old calandar so they decided not to continue with it. Or... they got lazy?
There's no way the Mayans would know of this solar flare. x3 They believed the sun and moon were Gods, so there's no way they'd think one of their Gods was going to 'burst' at the end of their calendar. Again, the whole 2012 thing is basically when the Mayan calendar ends; they just need to reset it.
Exactly! They even had gods for corn and such. Even so NASA themselves have High doughts. The callender is now proven to restart after 2012 just as ours will on January first of that year. The Closest disaster is a large astoid coming for us named apohis. Though it will not reach us until past the year 2021 or 2031. Even so after earths scientist ran the math,the coarse of the space rock is such that it will at the very most it will get cought in earths gravity breifly then slingshot away from us. Apophis is real but is not currently much of a threat. The biggest worry is a gamma-ray burst. A gammeray burst is like of ray of light travling through space. It is a indication of the death of a massive star. Even though its the most violont and deadly explosion in the univerese it is also unpridictable. Its traveling at the speed of light but it is most likely over 600million light years from us. Those are the close ones that affect us. Other ones are even further away in distant galixies. Because It happens so far away it takes a very long time to get here,So you can not tell when one is going to have an affect on life on our planet. So the world is life going to end in 2012... That would be a big NO

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

I found some pretty cool news about Apohis ( http://asteroidapophis.com/ )
It gives plenty of info. So far it seems as though it'll miss us, but you never know what will happen to a massive asteroid's course in just a little less than 2 decades.
Time to crank some Jimmy Neutron on that asteroid soon. xP
Lysander
Baby Mouse
Location: Why is this tomato orbiting in space at 4.8 miles per second?

Post by Lysander »

Omg 2012 is happening.

WELLL DUH! It's 2011! It must move on to 2012!
Got that so far?
hello. my name is gabriel and sometimes i draw
my art: http://drhastielanyon.tumblr.com/
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

I'm watching this Ancient Aliens series and I just heard them talking about the Mayan Calendar. They said that in one of the translations it says that on that date in 2012, the Bob (Lol Bob.) that created human intelligence comes back. Pretty interesting.
Mook
Adult Mouse
Location: Walking through a store randomly hitting people on the head with an empty plastic water bottle,fun!

Post by Mook »

i honestly think 2012 will NOT happen, it didn't happen the last time they said it would and it won't happen now. It seems logically possible for it to happen, there is no major threat to earth at this time or several billions of years from now. The only thing I see killing off earth is trillions upon trillions of years from now, which would be the sun after it runs out of fuel. O.O wow school is helpful!
No Steps Backward.

Size 95 - 84857d
Jade
Baby Gecko

Post by Jade »

I don't believe in "the end of the world" thing.I'm not really into some of the stuff science has to say.
sparkwolf111
Baby Gecko

Post by sparkwolf111 »

actually, the sun, acording to scientists only has 5.4 billions years left until it begins to ingulf the planets
Number 1 rabbit. My in-game name is keyin.
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

sparkwolf111 wrote:actually, the sun, acording to scientists only has 5.4 billions years left until it begins to ingulf the planets
yes this is true it will happen over 5 billion years from now. It will become a red giant and engulf at last most of the planets. It will then shrink down to a white dwarf star. which is tiny in comparison to what it is now. there are many types of dwarf stars,all having to do with the death of a star. one type of drarf star is small enough compared to it original state to fit in the grand canyon here on earth. a dwarf possoses very little threat and is not a doomsday senario. The prosses of a high mass star colpsing into a neutron star or black hole does pose a threat if close enough. this threat is imposible to pridict because it would have to come from 6 billion light years at he speed of light.Ill point out that while there is an ending to every story,including the story of life on earth. Its down right imposble to pridict the end of this book. So i think theres no need to worry about the end of te world. It will happen just probbly not now from what i see we are only half way through the book.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...