The Time Has Come...

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Mook
Adult Mouse
Location: Walking through a store randomly hitting people on the head with an empty plastic water bottle,fun!

The Time Has Come...

Post by Mook »

Sadly Weo has slowly lost many members since the forum change, I think its time to advertise!How exactly? with banners, fan art, etc!

Feel free to make banners, the following rules are needed for this to be successful...

RULES
~~~~~~~~
* The theme is WEO
*Banners must not go against the weo policy or forum rules.
*Pictures, Text, and animation is allowed.

how fun!

Submitted Banners, etc.

Size 95 - 84857d
Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Re: The Time Has Come...

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

Well, if WEO really is to advertise I think that the banners should be more professional and show the true cover of the game. Besides, advertising can have its draw backs...it can draw in trolls and other troubles. I believe our banning system should become more powerful before ads are put into place.

Though, if you mean banners as in promotional art and such if fine. Just nothing to be featured on a website of some sort as an ad...I don't know...
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
ImageImage-Kill the disgrace!
Image-Destwoy!
Mook
Adult Mouse
Location: Walking through a store randomly hitting people on the head with an empty plastic water bottle,fun!

Post by Mook »

im just talking about making banners to help draw in new people, to possibly help the community grow.
No Steps Backward.

Size 95 - 84857d
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

WEO, being the creator of WEO (kinda obvious, no?), had ought to approve of the advertisements - banners - images in general that are going to be officially used to advertise - or share - or whatever - about WEO. That's my opinion on the matter, at least. I say, ask WEO first what WEO would like to do.
Artwork: Tumblr
Lysander
Baby Mouse
Location: Why is this tomato orbiting in space at 4.8 miles per second?

Post by Lysander »

It takes Some money to advertise, just remember.
hello. my name is gabriel and sometimes i draw
my art: http://drhastielanyon.tumblr.com/
Mook
Adult Mouse

Post by Mook »

gah, i'm starting to has second thoughts on this topic >.< but yes maybe I should ask WEO
No Steps Backward.

Size 95 - 84857d
Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

I don't think it costs money to advertise, just make a linked banner and put it in your sig. It doesn't need to be official. And I think this is a great idea
Image Image
Image Image
Hope
Adult Mouse
Location: Shadowclan Territory, plotting of ruling the forest!

Post by Hope »

Can't you put advertising on FB? I've seen it when my mom is on FB!
Epic 24/7 Minecraft Server sc27.servercraft.co:8076
Minecraft Status: Single... XD Just Joking I'm Online
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

It depends what kind of advertisement you're talking about. If you're talking about banners and little buttons, things you can post on other sites, then typically, no, there is no cost. However, ads that appear at the top, bottom, or sides of a site would cost money.

An official image would possibly make the site seem a bit more "professional" than some of the potentials - silly, user-made images... (no offense intended, but it also isn't directed toward anyone in particular. Could also be directed to myself - who knows :P) Advertisements should make it sound interesting, give you the gist of what a site is about, look attractive, and be clear - but not obnoxious, not be a novel, not be HUGE, not be too tiny to notice... It should make people who see it want to join.

But I mean, I feel that we should ask WEO before spreading any images and advertisements. Partly, that we get his approval on what we're sharing. If you were the owner of a game, wouldn't you like to watch what some people say about your site? Not that they'll say bad things, but that you control and know what's going out. If someone makes an obnoxiously bright advertisement, it might attract attention, but it won't be very appealing, possibly risking pushing away more potential players rather than attracting any. So you'd be able to have a say of what is and isn't used.

Ultimately just an opinion, though, yep yep.
Artwork: Tumblr