Off-Topic Topic

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Re: Off-Topic Topic

Post by Foxesrule »

I just found a very fun game called Dino Storm. It's the only game with cowboys that have lazer guns and ride dinosaurs. It's more fun than it sounds, too. It's free and in-browser, which is cool. I wish Grep was still here.. She'd like it. It's got very good graphics for an in-browser game. It even has a fame system so that as you progress, you'll get more and more 'famous'. Very fun. ;3
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Foxesrule wrote:I just found a very fun game called Dino Storm. It's the only game with cowboys that have lazer guns and ride dinosaurs. It's more fun than it sounds, too. It's free and in-browser, which is cool. I wish Grep was still here.. She'd like it. It's got very good graphics for an in-browser game. It even has a fame system so that as you progress, you'll get more and more 'famous'. Very fun. ;3
I play that game. The only reason why I slowed down is because the other maps you go to are PvP, and I hated being chased by random people. xD
Thanks guys. Silly 64 bit stuffs.

Edit: I'm looking for a web site that contains, eh, advanced role playing involved. I don't mind the role playing style here, but I do want to join up at least one super-cool advanced role playing forum or something just to get the feel of it. Anyone know of any?
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Alexander wrote:
Edit: I'm looking for a web site that contains, eh, advanced role playing involved. I don't mind the role playing style here, but I do want to join up at least one super-cool advanced role playing forum or something just to get the feel of it. Anyone know of any?[/color][/size]
There is Warrior Cats RPG. There is normal roleplay, but if you 'sign up' with a form here I think..You might have to go rooting through the forum, you can request to join advanced RP. Then, and only then, can you join in the advanced roleplays.

Also, I'm so excited! On Friuday I'm going to see one of my favourite Authors!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

Roleplay/game-wise... Well, don't know how odd it is, but I don't entirely care one way or the other... There is Furcadia. I'll put it in a quote, sooo... If you wanna skip over me talking about it, you know where the end is. :I
Furcadia is a downloadable 2D game, mostly oriented towards roleplaying but you can find other things to do as well, like Build-A-Homes (BaHs), farms, shooters, and even event games like easter egg hunts. There's much more than that but I don't recall, I quit some years ago. If you're 15 or younger, you need a parent's email and all. And there ARE adult areas, but they warn you when you're entering, and are generally only located in one specified, easily avoidable place. Don't worry.

You DO originally play as a furry/"furre;" you select the species you want to be, design their colors, and add a description if you want. Better aesthetics or species require real money, but not a big deal personally. You can create your own "dreams" (what each area is called), and build it however you want - a city, a zoo, a jungle, up in the clouds, underwater, whatever. However, all you need in order to do that is items and avatars, which either you create yourself, or others create either for free or for a cost. You can find a number of free items and avatars, so no worries. The avatars in a dream can be changed so that instead of a furre, you're a horse, or a dog, or... a box... Just about anything. The graphics vary, so even if the originals are a bit odd or unfitting, you can always find better ones, too.

However, creating your own dream requires a small bit of "coding," in its own relatively understandable language - not kidding, it's actual words - but it still takes time to get used to, and takes practice. Also, adding items, avatars, and portraits takes a bit of learning as well, but not nearly as hard to do. So while you might not be able to create your own dream yourself right away, or very easily, you can find other dreams to go to that others have created. You might find one primarily for horses, wolves, dragons, humans, dragons... I remember one was a Yellowstone roleplay. There's really just about anything.

But dreams have their own set of rules, so while some might want to be realistic, others won't care if you're a pink two-headed pony. Some people - or sometimes dreams too - want ONLY para-roleplayers, not one-liners or a few sentences, so you just have to search around to find what you want.

You'll run into all sorts of people, maybe make some friends. But since it's 2D, it CAN be a little harder to start a roleplay, since it's not on a forum where EVERYONE can see. Posting a message in chat only posts it to the area you're in. You can always find the list of peoples in the current dream (although I forget the button to do that), click on their names to read their description, see if they're AFK or not... And see if they'd like to roleplay, maybe PM/"whisper" them. Or... You can just get together with friends, maybe even just WEO peoples here if you wanted to, have silly, non-serious roleplays, do what you want for the most part as long as it pertains to the dream rules.

But don't even HAVE to roleplay if you dont want to, can always just go to hang out, play other games, etc.
Artwork: Tumblr
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Interesting game. Rat/fox avatar in dreams! :D
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Alex, I know a few roleplay sites/games... But it is RARE to find an advanced one. I know Chicken Smoothie. It has a role play section in the forum. Realistic Human/Animal and Unrealistic human/animal role plays are found there.

The game is called Feral Heart. It's a 3-d game and you can play as a feline or canine. :3
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

NatureHeart wrote:Alex, I know a few roleplay sites/games... But it is RARE to find an advanced one. I know Chicken Smoothie. It has a role play section in the forum. Realistic Human/Animal and Unrealistic human/animal role plays are found there.

The game is called Feral Heart. It's a 3-d game and you can play as a feline or canine. :3
There's a game similar to FH they're working on..I can't remember the name.. XD

But you play as a wolf and you roleplay, BUT here's the twist-It's a simulation at the same time!
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

O_O I have been searching for a game like that for YEARS!!! Tell me, oh new moderator one, tell me the name!!
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

*bows* Oh great moderator, tell us, tell us of your great findings.

Had to. :3

Anywayyy.... I survived more than 3 seconds on minecraft hardcore! I'm so proud of myself. :3 I found a desert village where I currently live.

EDIT: Is it strange that I do not like sleeping? I'm a night owl, and pretty much always have been... Funny, I actually love owls in real life... So cute! Especially barn owls, those are my favorites!

Also, my mom said that I stayed up late because there was a lunar eclipse recently, and a full moon, o_O
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

IT IS CALLED... -drumroll-

PRIMITIVE CALL!

It's not out yet, but I think there are trailers.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Thanks guys for the help! I wish I could rely on WarriorsRPG, however their advanced RP forums specifically in the advanced realm aren't eh.. all that active, and they don't actually seem to be advanced. (Maybe I should look again during the summer when school's off for most kids) Kind of sad neh. I'll look at the other suggestions. Thanks. (:

Here's the trailer to Primitive Call: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0454BuhcXg
and I guess why not the older one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-gt92Q8OPk

I like their models so far. I must say I'm too picky for my own good but it's a lot better than FH in my opinion. Maybe if they could smash some concepts of Arokai and Primitive Call, yeah, that seems like my kind of game.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Ok.

Primitive Call with dragons, horses, owls etc woulld be awesome! But you'd get hunted...Oh well more fun! :D
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

hoopyscoop wrote:*bows* Oh great moderator, tell us, tell us of your great findings.

Had to. :3

Anywayyy.... I survived more than 3 seconds on minecraft hardcore! I'm so proud of myself. :3 I found a desert village where I currently live.

EDIT: Is it strange that I do not like sleeping? I'm a night owl, and pretty much always have been... Funny, I actually love owls in real life... So cute! Especially barn owls, those are my favorites!

Also, my mom said that I stayed up late because there was a lunar eclipse recently, and a full moon, o_O
Good job! :mrgreen: *Claps hands*

On the other hand, I HATE staying up late.... most of the time. O_O I will go to bed at 9 recently, but in the middle of that I went to bed at like 3.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Just started playing Minecraft...

Spending my time keeping the chickens IN their pen...Not brave enough to try out 'Easy' mode yet... XD
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Haha. What is your user name? Mine is NatureHeart. xP Wanna get on a vanilla server and play together?
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥