Off-Topic Topic

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Re: Off-Topic Topic

Post by Alexander »

I love both Terraria and Minecraft, they're both equal to me. I don't think they're similar, it's just that they're probably the two most popular sandbox games as of now that also have mods. Eh, you can't please everyone I guess.
I guess you could build up a lot of bias about a game, it's kind of like some of my friends now where they refuse to play other games because it's "Too similar" and they "bet it sucks anyway" kind of thing.

Oh true, I think I've seen that before on some game, I don't remember which. I think I'll have to take a look at that when GW2 and B&S come out. Maybe I can even pay attention to some gameplay-
I just looked at some GW2 gameplay and whenever the guy turns his character around, I don't see the grass still facing him. I also just saw his character go underwater and started getting bitten by a shark xD
Well I guess that's a pretty nice touch, the grass is actually 3D-like, including the flowers that I saw. Also, the idea of swimming in and under water is pretty cool too, that was really fun to watch.

I think the ranger in GW2 can tame creatures too, but I think that's an uncommon thing or something. You start out with picking from three animals and I guess you move forward from there. I don't know how the animals beside you work, such as them leveling with you and whatnot. Man, I hope the forums open up soon, I bet they have answers there.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

Yay 3D grass! Best feature EVER! :D
And the shark was just giving hugs the only way it knew how... right? D:
But that's pretty cool, m'hm. Put that swimming to use!

I'm pretty animal/pet oriented in games, heck if that side of the game is any good then gosh, I'm relatively won over. xD
Gosh darnit, making me wanna play MMORPGs again. .__. But I don't buy things unless I'm convinced it's worth it and won't be an ultimate waste - I don't like wasting money.

*phew* Also finally finished a second picture and tossed it over to Tumblr.
Artwork: Tumblr
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

-Is now addicted to MLP: FiM.-

For some reason I couldn't wait to get up to watch MLP.

...What's a female brony called?
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

Foxesrule wrote:-Is now addicted to MLP: FiM.-

Brony
Fans of the new G4 My Little Pony show "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic". Mostly refers to the older male viewers of the show, but female fans use it too. A Brony is generally pretty involved in the community at large
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Brony

Anyways..... Welcome to the herd...

Yay bronies!

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

I'll let you know how it'll go (When it starts on the 25th and I get my laptop), I'm going to try to play all of the classes and see how they go for me as well. I mean I was able to play ranger, however my lack of a good video card made me crash within minutes. If I remember correctly I think I was a Norn female with a Snow Leopard companion. I find it pretty cool how each race has their own 3 companions you can choose from while you create your character.
I thought this was pretty cool: "Four pets can accompany the ranger in total, but only one pet will fight at a time. Rangers can switch pets during a fight to adapt to in-game situations." (I found this info from the GW2 wiki)
It kind of reminds me of Pokemon a little bit.
I hope Rangers are an important class in this game, they seem to somewhat lack in most. It saddens me, as I love archery and the thought of having a pet... or four.. with you while you're out in your own adventure.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

Foxesrule wrote:-Is now addicted to MLP: FiM.-

I love that showw<3! Hmm... Haven’t watched it in awhile... I might go watch it now actually c:
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

7 days to go, then! I'll do a countdown for you. :D

Yay companions, then you don't ever have to be alone. ^_^ You'd almost always have to use real monies to get even just for-looks pets in lots of games.

Norns seem like the equivalent to the "giants" race, eh? But shape-shifting makes that a bit different, yay ~
Only thing I'm curious over is how often people play the human race. I've always been attracted to anything non-human because... Well, I'm human, so yeah, I'd rather try something different than familiar ol' humans. xD

I'm sure Rangers will be great. Ranged weaponry is always a plus! Then a little pet to assist in attacking and tanking for you...

Edit: Drat... Haven't had too many games to play lately, so I tried out League of Legends... Now I've joined the dreaded group of people who like it, too. .__.
Artwork: Tumblr
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

space engine!

A universe simulator that includes all we know about the universe. You take a tour of the or solar system or visit known black holes. You can visit all the known stars in the galaxy as well thier exoplanets. You can land on an earth like planet and explore it. Everything that is unkown is created through procedural generation.

screenshots:

earth which is classified as a tempererate terra with life

the moon which is classified as a temperate selena

an exoplanet which is classified as a warm oceania with life. (with life of coarse mean life can be found on this planet. which as this game shows should not actually be as rare as it was once thought to be.)

an exoplanet classified as a cold oceania with life.

(notice all the stars in the background yet? It is possible to visit and explore pretty much all of those stars.

the andromeda galaxy. Were the previous 2 exoplanets were found

(notice the stars again? those are not stars those are galaxys which pretty much all of are exploreable.)

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Yay, just been to Ireland.

It was just...Too awesome for words.

I went on a plane, and I was at a camp-site right next to the mountains!

I went on a boat tour and saw a wild dolphin, then I had the nicest ice cream I have ever tasted in my LIFE. (Murphy's, if you're curious.)

Then I went on a jaunting cart (Horse and carriage) around the mountains...

Just...

WOW.

Then another boat tour and I saw a white tailed eagle!!
Lysander
Baby Mouse
Location: Why is this tomato orbiting in space at 4.8 miles per second?

Post by Lysander »

hey.

did anyone miss me? :O
hello. my name is gabriel and sometimes i draw
my art: http://drhastielanyon.tumblr.com/
SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Post by SilentEcho »

bbz i miss you even when you are here
If you don't know who I am by now, I'm just some girl who changes obsessions all the time.
Current Obsessions: Pokemon, TWD, Glee and The legend of Korra

NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

I went to go see Disney's The Lion King Broadway Edition last friday. It was pretty cool. Anyone else seen it?
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

NatureHeart wrote:I went to go see Disney's The Lion King Broadway Edition last friday. It was pretty cool. Anyone else seen it?
Nope. ;_;
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Well it was cool. Now all I can listen to is "Be Prepared" performed by Scar and the Hyenas.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

NatureHeart wrote:I went to go see Disney's The Lion King Broadway Edition last friday. It was pretty cool. Anyone else seen it?
Saw it when I was about 6 or 7. Can't really remember it much, but it was one of the best plays I've seen. War Horse wasn't bad either.
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.