Off-Topic Topic

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Re: Off-Topic Topic

Post by hoopyscoop »

Um... That reminds me of a time when I had a cocoon in my broccoli. O.O It sure did make me lose my appetite for broccoli....
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

hoopyscoop wrote:Um... That reminds me of a time when I had a cocoon in my broccoli. O.O It sure did make me lose my appetite for broccoli....
Oh yuck!!

And I've nevr liked green beans... Poor frog...Or toad... I love all ambiphians or however you spell it. :cry:

And I like your bearded dragon, hoopy. Actually, I love it! <3 I want a bearded dragon. And a rat. And a hen. And lots of things.

But rats are my 'most wanted pet' while chickens and beardies are second.
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

As for me I always thought it would be cool tohave a pet snake. But my mom is scared of snakes.Which is weird because she is not afraid of rodents like my dad. I swear if my dad was on the couch reading the paper and suddenly saw a mouse he would put his feet up and say "get it (name)".

Another pet I would like to have is a cat. But thats kind of hard because of my alergies.

My most wanted pet however is a dog. I used to have a golden retriever. She was the best dog ever. She loved to be with people and was great with kids which we have a lot of in my neigborhood. I remember when we would dinner and she was outside. She would open the screen door and just inch her way inside. Then she would lie in the doorway with big begging eyes waiting to be called over to the family. When we called her over she got up and walked over and lied down next to us and enjoyed our company while we ate. I think I snuck her a few bites evey now and then to. She was also great with cats. A long time ago we had a pair of young cats named jake and joe. This golden retriever acted like a mother to them. When they were in trouble she would put a paw oon each of their heads as if to let them now there in trouble. But she would never do anything to hurt them. Thats why I want a dog most of all. To have a small hole in my heart filled that was made when she died.

Also I like chickens as well. Though it's not likely I'll get one. There are laws here that prevent anyone from keeping chickens, goats, horses or anything like that in small suburban backyard such as ours. However my mother said her family had chickens when she was a child. Her brothers had two named batman and robin. She had one named gertrude. My relitives in arizona had some when I was there a few years ago. But one turned out to be a rooster and was crowing so they had to get rid of them because of complaints from neighbors.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

Foxesrule wrote:And I like your bearded dragon, hoopy. Actually, I love it! <3 I want a bearded dragon. And a rat. And a hen. And lots of things.

Thanks! Fred, my beardie, is growing like a weed. o.o

I hear rats are pretty intelligent. :3

My most wanted pet would probably be a Chinese water dragon, I've wanted one since I was little, then I got Fred in January and I absolutely love him. He is kind of easy to take care of, if you have the right information, we of course did a lot of research on him before we got one, when we went to the pet store there was probably five babies in there, (Bearded dragons cannot be housed together, babies nip eachothers toes off and probably worse, while males and females could kill eachother.)
I knew that Fred was the one I was going to take home. When we set up his tank and put him in there I just started staring at him, because he was so fascinating. :3
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

I love the Chinese water dragons too... I want one...Almost as much as a bearded dragon.

Unfortunately for me, I am a cat person, chicken person and a rat person. Those animals don't go well together... :|

Infact, I'm pretty much an 'everything-even-remotely cute' person. Then again, I love toads and they are more fascinating than cute.

WHY IS LIFE SO HARD ON ME THAT MY FAVOURITE ANIMALS WOULD KILL EACH OTHER???

Err, sorry, excuse the shouting..
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

Foxesrule wrote:I love the Chinese water dragons too... I want one...Almost as much as a bearded dragon.

Unfortunately for me, I am a cat person, chicken person and a rat person. Those animals don't go well together... :|

Infact, I'm pretty much an 'everything-even-remotely cute' person. Then again, I love toads and they are more fascinating than cute.

WHY IS LIFE SO HARD ON ME THAT MY FAVOURITE ANIMALS WOULD KILL EACH OTHER???

Err, sorry, excuse the shouting..

They could go well together depending on the breed, personalty, and the way it was raised.

My uncles dog dusty is hunting dog on of hte pointer ones. He often takes off hunting. We have small birds as pets so we have to put up a gate to protect them from him. However if he was a different breed such as lapdog he may not be as likly to go after birds. Also if we has raised at my house alongside the birds instead of my uncles farm as a hunter, he would not know what to do with the birds and might even befriend them. Its the same with cats and dogs and cats with small animals. If a cat was raised alongside a rat or chicken it would be likely the would treat them as siblings rather thean enemies.

If your going for all three i suggest you get the chicken as an egg or chick. The rat young as well. Also instead of getting a full grown cat get a 3-5 week old kitten. That is if you can successsfully care for three young animals.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Unfortunately, right now I am still at school age, living with the 'usual' family in a house with a tiny garden, with 1 adult cat and one ancient (19 year old) cat. And 2 fish. Both the cats enjoy hunting. Iris, the younger one, can't see a bird or rodent without wanting to kill it- Infact, she has killed a rat before and tried to eat a bird. Despite this, in the house she is the cuddliest cat ever.

Smudge is fluffy and cute but she is too old to put on any more weight. Despite this, she almosr caught a magpie- Something young Iris has never managed to do! Smudge also plots to take over the world... Right now she only has success in stealing chairs while you have a 'break' from the computer.

Anyway, cats are more wild than dogs and their instincts may kick in when they see a loose rat... :|

But I must get a rat... and a cat!
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

Foxesrule wrote:Unfortunately, right now I am still at school age, living with the 'usual' family in a house with a tiny garden, with 1 adult cat and one ancient (19 year old) cat. And 2 fish. Both the cats enjoy hunting. Iris, the younger one, can't see a bird or rodent without wanting to kill it- Infact, she has killed a rat before and tried to eat a bird. Despite this, in the house she is the cuddliest cat ever.

Smudge is fluffy and cute but she is too old to put on any more weight. Despite this, she almosr caught a magpie- Something young Iris has never managed to do! Smudge also plots to take over the world... Right now she only has success in stealing chairs while you have a 'break' from the computer.

Anyway, cats are more wild than dogs and their instincts may kick in when they see a loose rat... :|

But I must get a rat... and a cat!
Lol, my cat, Smokey also looks as if he was planning destruction... :shock: He always has this look on his face like he's saying, "Soon I will take over you mortals... Soon..." Smokey protects me at night. ^_^

My dog(who unfortunely we had to give away...) has basically 'killed' a opossum before... She attacked it, and we thought it was dead... Until my dad went to bury it... It had survived my wild dog. O_O That trickster fooled us completely!
animalguy888
Adult Gecko

Post by animalguy888 »

My dog(who unfortunely we had to give away...) has basically 'killed' a opossum before... She attacked it, and we thought it was dead... Until my dad went to bury it... It had survived my wild dog. O_O That trickster fooled us completely!

Yeah you got to watch them opossums. They're so good at faking death they are able to have there own term for it that is named after themselves. Te don't call faking a death playing possum for nothin. Our area often has problems with rats. Not the cute ones in pet stores but the nasty looking, desiese carrying,invasive species everywere except for asia rat. So we often have to buy rat traps and use them. Once an abandoned infant opposum got caught in one resulting in minor injuries. We had it for a day before it was taken to an animal rehabilation center to go in for recovery and then release.

Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

In Britain we aren't lucky wnough to have opossums. Oh well. Atleast I have pigeons and magpies and blue tits... The occasional fox definetely makes up for it though!

I think the rat Iris caught was a pet one which was released. :( It was of Fancy rat size with extremely smooth fur, plus it was an albino, common in pet rats...
We have black birds nesting in our gardsn, which has caused hilarious moments with Iris...
animalguy888
Adult Gecko

Post by animalguy888 »

I went to the doctor last week that specilies in alergies. I have not been to his office in three years. He said it was okay to try to eat milk and eggs in baked goods. Thats two out of three of my worst/life threatning foood alergies. I have been trying small portions of brownie and such and have had very minor to no reaction to eat. Finnally I can eat stuff after being prevented from eating most food my entire lifetime. Im currently eating part of a cinnamon rolls. Im so glad. I alway wanted to to try stuff like this and now I finnaly can. :D However he said to ease my way into slowly so my limit is 1/4 of a cinnamon roll. At least for now...

hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

animalguy888 wrote:I went to the doctor last week that specilies in alergies. I have not been to his office in three years. He said it was okay to try to eat milk and eggs in baked goods. Thats two out of three of my worst/life threatning foood alergies. I have been trying small portions of brownie and such and have had very minor to no reaction to eat. Finnally I can eat stuff after being prevented from eating most food my entire lifetime. Im currently eating part of a cinnamon rolls. Im so glad. I alway wanted to to try stuff like this and now I finnaly can. :D However he said to ease my way into slowly so my limit is 1/4 of a cinnamon roll. At least for now...
Congrats! :D

I've got a lot of allergies, but not life threatening ones, that must be scary, having those allergies.

I'm allergic to Gluten(Wheat...) milk, and eggs, but I don't think I'll ever have a gluten or dairy thing again, but I've got lots of delicious gluten/dairy/egg free stuff to eat! :D
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

I'm lucky and have no allergies to anything whatsoever. Well, for now, atleast.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

animalguy888 wrote:
Also I like chickens as well. Though it's not likely I'll get one. There are laws here that prevent anyone from keeping chickens, goats, horses or anything like that in small suburban backyard such as ours. However my mother said her family had chickens when she was a child. Her brothers had two named batman and robin. She had one named gertrude. My relitives in arizona had some when I was there a few years ago. But one turned out to be a rooster and was crowing so they had to get rid of them because of complaints from neighbors.
I don't suggest getting a chicken... They scatter poop all over the backyard. They smell terrible. They are very loud when they lay eggs. They require a large pen built for them, (That or a cover like a patio shade at least) so the hawks don't carry them away.

And I only had chickens for a month!
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥