Off-Topic Topic

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Re: Off-Topic Topic

Post by NatureHeart »

I am still a wee bit confused. A pet for all of us? Maybe, we should all get together, have a forum meeting, and decide on 1 animal as the forum mascot! Chickensmoothie, for example, has a cockatoo and a goggle-wearing wolf! We could have the same! Of course, it wouldn't be the official mascot (unless...), it would just be for fun and laughs. We would get about all the active members to come together and decide what unique features they want on the animal.
Let's say we chose the lion specie.
Animalguy: I want it to have bat wings!
Alexander: I think it should have a purple body!
Hoopyscoop: I think it should have yellow polka-dots on it's head!

Until all those who wanted to post had added their opinion. Then, we would get a great artist, (Don't care, as long as they can draw! xP No hard feelings to any of you if I sound rude!) and have him/her draw the creature! It may be the WEO forum mascot, if it doesn't look like a blob of FAIL! (Just kidding! xD)

... O_O This is never going to work! xD I just had to type SOMETHING!
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

I can't tell you how much I am laughing right now. xD :lol:

No, I was thinking of a fantasy creature of a sort..And yeah, not a blob of fail LOL. Anyway, the mascot is a condor. xD Anyway, some sort of fantasy creaure with my own twist, heh heh, and if I fail at drawing it... -Looks at Quagga- (xD) That way you could all roleplay with your thingy mobob, put it in your signature, write stories or whatever. xD
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
Vargen Saphia
Adult Cardinal

Post by Vargen Saphia »

Sounds great to me
ImageImageImageImage
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Hey Vargen Saphia? I was just wondering... What does your username mean? I know vargen is Swedish for wolf, but what is the rest?
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

Foxesrule wrote:I can't tell you how much I am laughing right now. xD :lol:

No, I was thinking of a fantasy creature of a sort..And yeah, not a blob of fail LOL. Anyway, the mascot is a condor. xD Anyway, some sort of fantasy creaure with my own twist, heh heh, and if I fail at drawing it... -Looks at Quagga- (xD) That way you could all roleplay with your thingy mobob, put it in your signature, write stories or whatever. xD

I like this Idea.

To make it even more epic we could give it qualities of random, famous mythological creatures or monsters. Maybe it could have a dragon shape but also take on quality of the Norse leviathan, The Native American Thunderbird, or even the Kraken!.

That would be one epic WEO group forum creature!

Just do not let me do the drawing otherwise it is guaranteed to turn into a blob...

XD

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

NatureHeart wrote: Hoopyscoop: I think it should have yellow polka-dots on it's head!
Yay! I was in a post! :3 Btw, yes, I do want it to have yellow polka dots on its head. Because I love yellow<3 And purple, don't get me wrong. xD I also like... Blue, green, and pink. :3

Wait a minute... How did you know my favorite pattern was polka dots and one of my favorite colors was yellow?! O_O You must be spying on me...
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
Vargen Saphia
Adult Cardinal

Post by Vargen Saphia »

NatureHeart wrote:Hey Vargen Saphia? I was just wondering... What does your username mean? I know vargen is Swedish for wolf, but what is the rest?
Oh, Saphia? I don't really think it has a meaning, it's just a name I made up. But I'm happy that you asked :D
ImageImageImageImage
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Phoenix Condor, that would be funny. The white feathers could emit blue (hotter) flames and the black would be orange/red. Or it could just be a blue flamed condor. With a top hat and a cane.
It might also be too popular/somewhat bland.
Also, what gender are we looking for? The males have the collar and white markings. Or at least that's what National Geographic says.

Thunderbird sounds like a nice combination of sorts. A sort of air-bending or magical thing to do with air could be more relative since they require windy areas in order to fly. Maybe even water since they're nearby the ocean winds. Ice would be cool as well, 'cause mountains.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

This is what I mean.
The thunderbird is a legendary creature in certain North American indigenous peoples' history and culture. It is considered a supernatural bird of power and strength. It is especially important, and frequently depicted, in the art, songs and oral histories of many Pacific Northwest Coast cultures, and is found in various forms among the peoples of the American Southwest, Great Lakes, and Great Plains. Thunderbirds were components of the Southeastern Ceremonial Complex of American prehistory.[
The thunderbird's name comes from the common belief that the beating of its enormous wings causes thunder and stirs the wind. The Lakota name for the thunderbird is Wakį́yą, from wakhą, meaning "sacred", and kįyą, meaning "winged". The Kwakwaka'wakw have many names for the thunderbird, and the Nuu-chah-nulth (Nootka) called it Kw-Uhnx-Wa. The Ojibwa word for a thunderbird that is closely associated with thunder is animikii, while large thunderous birds are known as binesi.
Across many North American indigenous cultures, the thunderbird carries many of the same characteristics. It is described as a large bird, capable of creating storms and thundering while it flies. Clouds are pulled together by its wingbeats, the sound of thunder made by its wings clapping, sheet lightning the light flashing from its eyes when it blinks, and individual lightning bolts made by the glowing snakes that it carries around with it. In masks, it is depicted as multi-colored, with two curling horns, and, often, teeth within its beak. The Native Americans believed that the giant thunderbird could shoot lightning from its eyes.

The Thunderbird is epic!

Like I said in my earlier post mixing and matching some random mythological beasts or creatures would be incredible!

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Yes, I had thought of a dragon element in there, for my sake and Natureheart's. :3 And yeah, phoenix condor.. xD Let me think. ^.^
Vargen Saphia
Adult Cardinal

Post by Vargen Saphia »

What about it being buddy with a Quetzalcoatl?
ImageImageImageImage
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Vargen Saphia wrote:What about it being buddy with a Quetzalcoatl?
Yessss. Yes please. I love snakes (especially serpents) and the fact that it's feathered.

We could have some sort of.. abomination of a bob cat / fox bodied gryphon with condor wings and whatever else we decide to add in there.
Haha, just kidding.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Vargen Saphia
Adult Cardinal

Post by Vargen Saphia »

Look what I found
ImageImageImageImage
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Cool! Anybody else see what I see in that picture? ;)

And I really like you guy's creative minds! Amazing! We will need that!
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

NatureHeart wrote:Cool! Anybody else see what I see in that picture? ;)

And I really like you guy's creative minds! Amazing! We will need that!
I do too! :D

And yes, we shall certainly need creative minds. c: