Off-Topic Topic

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Quagga
Baby Gecko

Re: Off-Topic Topic

Post by Quagga »

It's technically not proof. An image isn't proof of happiness, you'd have to witness it yourself. But I'd agree with what it's trying to say.
Personally I think you're happy when you have something to strive for. Not solely during your work attempts, I've no doubt there are people who can be content sitting around doing "nothing"... If you've accomplished what you want already. But working, it's something to keep yourself and your mind busy with. If you're given everything immediately, you're happy at the time, at first, but you get bored of it. But if you start out struggling, and work towards what you want, I think you'll kind of learn to be happy, and be happier in the end... You hurt at first, you struggle, and then your work pays off eventually.

Just my opinion.

... Hello again. :p Just for a little bit. Hope no one misses me, considering I disappear a lot... I find things to do. Made a few friends... boyfriend... AHEM ALRIGHT.

Played a few games since the last time I've been here, free-to-play. Not as animal-relevant as you guys typically hope for, sorry... But I'll try to remember them, maybe you'll find something you enjoy in them. Maybe not! No harm.

Path of Exile -- Action RPG, 18+ or only 13+ if approved by guardians. 3rd person. Instances - if you're solo you're in an area alone, if you're in a party you'll load up in the same area. Extreme skill tree, and NOT pay-to-win last I was aware.
Minecraft : Feed The Beast -- Various mod compilations for Minecraft, in its own launcher. Includes a dozen aesthetics blocks, technology, beekeeping, Thaumcraft - basically magic - extra biomes, and more; check their Wiki for more info. You can add or remove mods you don't want as well.
TERA -- WARNING Typical MMORPG! 18+ or only 13+ if approved by guardians. Female classes might just be a bit too sexualized, as typical... However, fun character customization, and fun graphics for the most part. Typical leveling up and grinding, though, so I lost interest.
• Dragon's Prophet (EU) or (? NA?) -- Another MMORPG, 18+ or only 13+ if approved by guardians, only it revolves around... taming dragons! It's a closed beta as far as I'm aware, and varies depending which site you register on. Good luck getting in!
StarMade -- Space game. A bit Minecraft style'd - yes, it uses blocks, but it's hardly a clone. Rather new, frequently updated typically two times a day. Create your ship however you like, buy new parts from the stores scattered about your system or destroy and salvage ships and asteroids. Just careful about the heat-seeking missiles...
Warframe -- Sci-fi action, Co-Op (PvP planned), 13+. It looks relatively nice, you have a range of moves and abilities that are rather fun - jump attacks, slide attacks, wall running, etc. But after a bit it just feels like grinding. If you want a different Warframe, you farm the specific boss for 3 blueprints - chassis, helmet, systems. Gather materials for each of those, then build and wait 12 hours... then buy the Warframe blueprint itself from the store, and build it and wait 3 days. It's time consuming and tiresome, feels much more like they're pushing you towards spending money instead. But I definitely say it's worth a try.
The Hunter -- Hunting game. Sorry! Looks real nice if your computer can handle it, relatively realistic - although you can find a few rocks that hover, definitely. But it's painfully realistic - sometimes you gotta be real patient to find a good deer, and running around's gonna scare them off too much, which means you gotta track them for longer... Yeah. Plus you gotta pay to hunt anything else than mule deer, or do a dozen "free" offers, OR win competitions (which you CAN win, I have) to get currency.
The Hidden -- Multiplayer ... HL2 mod? 1 player, the Hidden, vs the rest of the players; The Hidden is invisible, fast, can cling to surfaces (apparently?), and your goal is to kill the other players. Other players - find and kill the Hidden. Pretty spooky, supposed to scare you. You're can manage to install it onto Steam without Half Life 2, but I've had a .dll error - irrelevant to owning/not owning HL2 - so haven't been able to try it out. Looks like fun though, definitely if you can play at a LAN party and everyone's screaming. Check out some videos, can be funny. :p

WIP games that I've been following...

The Curious Expedition -- "A roguelike-strategy-puzzle-game set in the late 19th century in which you will venture on unprecedented expeditions to regions never explored before." Includes dinosaurs. :D 2D, looks very nice personally, and they've said they're trying to put out a demo sometime. Don't know if it's planned to be free or not, when finished.
• $ Banished -- City-building strategy. More medieval, older times than modern. It looks simplistic, nice, and fun... Although it may just get too repetitive or boring after a while, if you're more action oriented. Developer said he's trying to put out a demo sometime, too. Expecting it to cost money, and be released on Steam.
Stone Rage / 2nd link -- Free to play, 3rd person, multiplayer action... Set in Pleistocene and Eocene eras. You'll be able to play as humans, neanderthals, and animals in deathmatch, survival, or team objectives. The environments look nice - I'm one for environments - and it looks like it has potential. Still feels a bit too soon to be expectant, though.
Bless -- MMORPG, most likely 18+; very little information on them from what I'm aware. It looks AMAZING, but that might just mean the gameplay itself isn't great.

$ Divinity II: Ego Draconis -- Actiony, roleplaying... eventually grants you the ability to turn into a dragon, but you have to buy the game, and you run around as a human for a good bit still anyways. Whatever you kill doesn't respawn, I think - I could be wrong though. There is a demo you can try, but it's still just a fraction of time that you can try out being a dragon. I didn't like the feel of it, personally.
Last edited by Quagga on Thu May 16, 2013 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artwork: Tumblr
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

I don't think I'm old enough for any of those games. :P

... I got dairy free, gluten(wheat) free... CHOCOLATE PUDDING! :D I'm sooo happy!! I haven't had pudding in 3 years!
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Quagga! Friend! Hello!
I'm deprived because I have not seen any recent artwork of yours!
I'm having withdrawals.
Serious. Withdrawals.

Congratulations on getting a boyfriend.. no I do not have a cheeky grin on my face.
Okay yeah it totally is.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

I'm sorry they're not a whole ton of interesting or playable games. D: I thought more would be suitable for all ages... I can try to find more! :s
And turns out Dragon's Prophet doesn't work on Windows XP either, bummer. lol
(EDIT: okay so I signed up on the European's site, think the other is NA... So?)

Was your pudding good :o I'm not so fond of pudding or yogurt.. I always try to eat it but never enjoy it as much as I expect! D:

Hai Alex :D
I'm a lot more paranoid over sharing my drawings... Regardless of how good they are. I want to practice and eventually try to do commissions, to make at least SOME money, but I'm more paranoid over potential thieves now. Maybe I just gotta come up with a signature and it'll help, but they can still remove that even... Ah well. I can give little fun doodles and stuff? D: ((one inspired by Pokemon which I recently tried for the first time ever! two, three, four))

And shoooooosh :p Thank youuu! So happyyyy ~
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

It was amazing!! :D Sooo good. :3 But there's only one cup left! D: (4 cup packaging... WHY!)

Yayz! More Quagga art! :D Your sooo good at drawing! :o
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

I've been waiting for Stone Rage for a while, and it has definetly has progresses!
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Quagga wrote:I'm sorry they're not a whole ton of interesting or playable games. D: I thought more would be suitable for all ages... I can try to find more! :s
And turns out Dragon's Prophet doesn't work on Windows XP either, bummer. lol
(EDIT: okay so I signed up on the European's site, think the other is NA... So?)

Was your pudding good :o I'm not so fond of pudding or yogurt.. I always try to eat it but never enjoy it as much as I expect! D:

Hai Alex :D
I'm a lot more paranoid over sharing my drawings... Regardless of how good they are. I want to practice and eventually try to do commissions, to make at least SOME money, but I'm more paranoid over potential thieves now. Maybe I just gotta come up with a signature and it'll help, but they can still remove that even... Ah well. I can give little fun doodles and stuff? D: ((one inspired by Pokemon which I recently tried for the first time ever! two, three, four))

And shoooooosh :p Thank youuu! So happyyyy ~
fffbbfbl
I think the blue dinosaur one is my favorite so far. It's absolutely adorable and it reminds me of that game Dino Run. d:
I guess with theiving and such you could put things over it.. I would make it at least overlap the artwork a little bit and make it tricky to remove if someone would even bother with doing that much work for a steal.
I think I know better than to steal anything as beautiful as yours my dear Quagga. I think commissions from you would be wonderful! I'd ask something of you if I could, but ah, I don't have any money. d: I'll see if I can pass up a job soon or something after I finish high school.
Thanks for the show! (:
Oh yeah, and the Pokemon-inspired one is quite good I must say. I've been a Pokemon fan since a child; I'm glad it's been of an inspiration for you! I think it's what inspired me into a bit of pixelization myself. Heh.

Oh yeah, I think I used to play TERA, then I guess I kind of got bored somehow. I don't really know what happened, I just kind of stopped. It was pretty good though. I'll have to check out some of these. d:
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

Anybody remember this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDWaj3zFmuc

or this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG6oy46qKE4

Cause this is thriller!!!!

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

I dont think I've heard those songs...

I wanna play minecraft, but at the same time I don't, know what I mean? :P
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

hoopyscoop wrote:I dont think I've heard those songs...

I think thats sort of sad. Nowdays everybody hears about justin beiber who I can't stand. But its hard to find kids and teens who remember the King of Pop MJ or any of the Jackson 5 for that matter. I remember when I bought a free willy dvd in like 2007/2008 I would put it in just to see MJ's music video on the special features. I don't think many rappers or hip hopers relise that when they do the dance technique the moonwalk, they are preforming a move made and popularised by MJ. I really do find it sad that many people are forgeting them. I bet you don't even recognise the name The Jackson 5. I find it sad.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

animalguy888 wrote:
hoopyscoop wrote:I dont think I've heard those songs...

I think thats sort of sad. Nowdays everybody hears about justin beiber who I can't stand. But its hard to find kids and teens who remember the King of Pop MJ or any of the Jackson 5 for that matter. I remember when I bought a free willy dvd in like 2007/2008 I would put it in just to see MJ's music video on the special features. I don't think many rappers or hip hopers relise that when they do the dance technique the moonwalk, they are preforming a move made and popularised by MJ. I really do find i sad that many people are forgeting them. I bet you don't even recognise the name The Jackson 5. I find it sad.
M.J. is great! My favorite songs of his are Beat It, and I Want You Back. :3
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

I would play Minecraft but for some reason I keep getting an error as soon as I double click the Application. I have a really awesome laptop too. I've been looking everywhere for an explanation or fix but no matter what it's either not permanent or it just doesn't work.
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Um, where is application in the Minecraft lancher? :?: :?:

Anywho. I am trying to find some good old vanilla servers. Anybody know any? :D
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

The dino was just a little practice with making a gif. :D Wanted to do something simple and easy, but try to work on making it act a bit more real - its belly gets bigger as it takes a breath to yawn! But still looks too... still. Probably could animate other parts to help, but...
I don't expect any of you to steal it. :p And I need to practice taking commissions again anyways, so I can always start handing out freebies for a bit to get accustomed to it before I actually get into the money-making.
Pokemon's just been fun catching up with - don't think I mind all the new Pokemon so much, since I haven't been a part of it when it first came out. I wish there was one with all the Pokemon included, I'd enjoy that.

I'm not so fond of MMOs, they're always repetitive, same ol' grinding levels, doing quests - typically "Go out and kill 5 creatures!" or "Gather 10 materials!" I think I stick around long enough to get a mount, then quit. lol

Every generation is going to have their people that slowly get forgotten, and every generation is going to have the people who pity the kids who haven't shared their same experiences... and most likely, you're going to grow up and look at the kids and just shake your head, thinking how crazy or ridiculous they are. I'm certain every generation does it, you compare yourself to kids nowadays... But that's life, eh?
He definitely won't be forgotten. People might talk about him less now that he's gone, but he's definitely not going to disappear.

Alex, have you tried reinstalling Minecraft? Delete the folder it's in?
And supposedly there's a fun little Hunger Games server, entirely vanilla. 20 players thrown into a deathmatch. Don't know what it is, or how long it takes, or any of the details though.
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

NatureHeart wrote:Um, where is application in the Minecraft lancher? :?: :?:
Application isn't IN the minecraft launcher, but it's the icon, the icon of any program, is called a application, or app. And there's my bad explaining again! xD I hope I made sense though... I rarely do... Anyways...

Fred(My bearded dragon) keeps giving me "Give me crickets slave, go on GIVE THEM TO MEEE!" faces. Their sooo expressive. xD