Off-Topic Topic

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Re: Off-Topic Topic

Post by Foxesrule »

On WoW (Probably one of the most popular MMOs, or whatever. The best, in my opinion..Mind you, I haven't played Skyrim yet...), I finally reached level 60...The level when you can ride a flying mount! So, I went to the flying trainer in Stormwind, and the Expert Riding was 225 gold.
I had 82 gold.
So I was just like /shot.
I didn't need to buy a gryphon, for I share my account with my brother, and he already had one. (Mounts are shared with the whole account, considering they are in the same faction.)

>:|

Time to get mining... And selling at auctions. ._.

If only my level 60 character was a Druid, because they can shapeshift into a bird at level 60. >,>
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

What makes WoW any different from any other MMO? They're practically all the same, maybe plot differences sure, but? You have to continually pay for WoW, when there's dozens of others that are free to play, and you could spend the money on items in those games - or save it and not, sure. :p It doesn't seem worth it to me, is all.
Artwork: Tumblr
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Quagga wrote:Alex, have you tried reinstalling Minecraft? Delete the folder it's in?
I was about to show you the error message I get but it's actually working today. I guarantee it will fail as soon as I close it though. I haven't been on in so long because of it; I have to see what's new and all that stuff.

I also agree that any MMO is basically the same. I think what I enjoyed the most so far was Guild Wars 2 just because leveling wasn't so incredibly boring and hard. You didn't just have quests about killing a number of monsters and getting what they drop after you kill them. You could also do things like regular events within each map that involves a lot of people or a quest that involved capturing a baby bull (can't quite remember the animal but let's just use a bull as an example) with an enraging mother, transforming into a cow with some sort of magical ability and training with other cows on how to fight and stuff, helping a traveler with importing or exporting goods (such as destroying traps and things in the way that could injure them), all that stuff.
The only reason why I quit that MMO is because there was no end-game content. But I really loved their WvWvW feature as well.

I'm waiting for the day when more MMOs will be a bit better based off like GW2 with quests and events (maybe a bit wider of a range, though. It's really hard to think of anything in a quest besides killing things, I'm just glad that GW2 was able to kind of find a way around that). And to hopefully have end-game content.
I would also enjoy a lot of adventuring and exploring new lands just to explore them. I also loved how GW2 added in secret jumping quests where in the end you got to a chest with nice little rarer items to collect. They were always quite beautiful and intricate on that aspect; very clever.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Going completely off topic..

This picture made me laugh and 'aww' at the same time.. <3

hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

Foxesrule wrote:Going completely off topic..

This picture made me laugh and 'aww' at the same time.. <3

I just died of cuteness, my last words were: "aww..."
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

I found an interesting sci-fi MMO recently.

BattleStar Galactica Online

Unlike Wow It doe not endlessly suck money out of your wallet for everything you do. It is free and is browser based like WEO and is not a download.

In order to get currency for in-game use you may pay for it. However it is not required as it can be obtained in-game without paying but it takes longer to add up then buying a bunch with real money

So yeah it's free, you are not required to buy currency with money from your wallet, and the game does not have to be downloaded.

Here is the games plot

The Cylons were created by man. They evolved. They rebelled.

40 years after the first Cylon War, the Cylons returned and laid waste to the Twelve Colonies. Gathering a ragtag fleet of civilian ships, the ageing Battlestar Galactica managed to escape the attack and set out to find the legendary home of the Thirteenth Tribe of Man - the planet known as Earth.

After months of relentless pursuit by Cylon forces, the Battlestar Galactica and the Colonial Fleet under her protection reunited with the Battlestar Pegasus, another survivor of the Cylon attack. Together they managed to strike back and destroy the Cylon Fleet's Resurrection Ship.

Enraged by the loss of the Resurrection Ship, the Cylons launch a massive counterattack against the Colonial Fleet. Caught unprepared, the Colonials attempt to jump away to safety, but something goes terribly wrong. The FTL drives of both fleets are overloaded by a massive pulse of energy, triggering an uncontrolled jump that throws them far off course. In Battlestar Galactic Online, both the Colonial and Cylon fleets find themselves stranded in an unexplored area of space at the very edge of one of the galactic arms. Heavily damaged and critically low on resources, both fleets race against time to repair and rearm, struggling for control of systems rich in Tylium, metals and water. The Colonial fleet desperately searches for a way to escape and continue the search for Earth before the Cylons gain enough strength to destroy them once and for all.

Both factions are playable but you only get to choose once and the faction you side with is not changeable.

So yeah It is a pretty interesting game.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Here's my error for Minecraft. It happens literally after I double click the application and select "Run". (Doesn't matter if I run as administrator or not)
http://oi43.tinypic.com/jr2vkk.jpg
Oddly enough I was trying to get Mo' Creatures and as soon as I tried out Minecraft Forge this happened. I don't know if I need Forge for this to happen or not though.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

I just remembered...

My cat is going to be 20 years old this year. :shock: Not the tabby one you've seen upside down and chewing on a catnip mouse, but the fluffy black and white cat. Smudge.

Infact she's probably the noisiest cat ever. All you ever hear in my house is 'Meow meow meow meow meow'. I tell you, she's really fiesty as well. The tabby cat, Iris, has a cute meow and dosen't say it often-Infact, she's scared of smudge. Smudge's is a big, low meow. She chases dogs off, even at her age... :shock:
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Alexander wrote:Here's my error for Minecraft. It happens literally after I double click the application and select "Run". (Doesn't matter if I run as administrator or not)
Oddly enough I was trying to get Mo' Creatures and as soon as I tried out Minecraft Forge this happened. I don't know if I need Forge for this to happen or not though.
I have Mo' Creatures... I LUFFLES IT!!!! Best mod ever! The instructions are confusing, but somehow my dad figured it out. :P

Oh, have you tried re-downloading Minecraft?
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

NatureHeart wrote:
Alexander wrote:Here's my error for Minecraft. It happens literally after I double click the application and select "Run". (Doesn't matter if I run as administrator or not)
I have Mo' Creatures... I LUFFLES IT!!!! Best mod ever! The instructions are confusing, but somehow my dad figured it out. :P

Oh, have you tried re-downloading Minecraft?
I've always loved Mo' Creatures. Now there's a bunch of things that have been added that I want to get into but yeah, the error doesn't help me at all. I've redownloaded Minecraft thousands of times, practically. It's only really happened on this laptop, my older laptop was fine. Then again it was also back when downloading mods were different as well. I don't know, maybe I'll get through it one day.
MidnightRose
Cardinal Chick

Post by MidnightRose »

Foxesrule wrote:I just remembered...

My cat is going to be 20 years old this year. :shock: Not the tabby one you've seen upside down and chewing on a catnip mouse, but the fluffy black and white cat. Smudge.

Infact she's probably the noisiest cat ever. All you ever hear in my house is 'Meow meow meow meow meow'. I tell you, she's really fiesty as well. The tabby cat, Iris, has a cute meow and dosen't say it often-Infact, she's scared of smudge. Smudge's is a big, low meow. She chases dogs off, even at her age... :shock:
That's pretty old for a cat o3o I had a cat that lived to be 23, but sadly he died a few years ago. He was still fiesty for his age as well, and always found a way to knock over my moms tree in our living room (yes, an indoor tree)

I have another cat now, sadly I don't know her age because I found her on the streets. She was a kitten though. Lets say now, all she does is meow... And meow, and meow. Then when shes not meowing or eating shes sleeping. Don't you just love cats?

I am your master, give me food.
In-game name: Midnightsky
Twitter
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

You need Forge, the Custom Mob Spawner, and some GUI mod for Mo' Creatures.
C:/Documents and Settings/computername/Application Data/.minecraft
And then there should be a folder named "mods" in there, or if not, create one. The bin folder has the minecraft.jar, I have to right click -> 7-Zip -> open archive, delete the META-INF, it might be different on different systems. Then I think you copy all the contents from Forge and GUI into there. Not the folder, everything within the folder. Then copy the Mob Spawner and Mo' Creatures .zip into the mods folder, and it SHOULD work unless something is incompatible or done incorrectly - I haven't checked the install instructions lately, but that's what I recall, so you might wanna check the forum post for instructions - it does have them.

Make sure every mod is compatible with your current version, if not either wait for them to update, or download an older version of Minecraft, and the necessary versions of those mods.

Think that's all, if I remember right.
I dunno about that error though. :/
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Yeah, I know that I need to put in Forge first and then I have to get on Minecraft so that it installs properly. Then that's when I can put in everything else. But of course I had no internet connection when my Minecraft was working right (internet connection is needed for Forge to install) and the error came when my internet was back.
I think I'll teeter with some Java installs and see what will come with that.
Edit: Omg wow it works now I think, I had to realize that Java automatically gives 32 bit and I need 64. This might just be like last time though where it worked once and never again. Time to never close Minecraft.
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Lol, Alex! Just to confirm it is working, or, maybe not, I would open another Minecraft. That way, if it doesn't work, you still have your other Minecraft, and if it does work, well you fixed it! :D

But I have a 32 bit, and Minecraft works just fine for me... :? Hmm...
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

:p Glad it's working!