Off-Topic Topic

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Re: Off-Topic Topic

Post by Foxesrule »

SilentEcho wrote:Have you guys read the books? I was so ANGRY when that movie came out. All of the dragons were originally the size of dogs and all of the viking boys had one. (toothless was a midget "common brown dragon")
I love the books. And SAME! >:(
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

I have not read the books, but I love the movie! It is amazing! And, I don't think dragons should be dog size. I like the thought of riding through the clouds and feeling the wind in my hair!
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

NatureHeart wrote:I have not read the books, but I love the movie! It is amazing! And, I don't think dragons should be dog size. I like the thought of riding through the clouds and feeling the wind in my hair!
Dragons can be any size.

In the books, some are riding ones.
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

I just found out a meteor lit up hte sky and impacted texas last friday!
A terrific fireball lit up the sky early Friday (Dec. 7) morning when a meteor entered the Earth's atmosphere over Texas. The meteor was captured in amateur video and by a NASA observatory as far away as New Mexico.

NASA confirmed that the meteor was not part of the Geminid meteor shower expected later this week, but was most likely a fragment from the asteroid belt.

"This morning at 6:43 AM Central Standard Time, eyewitnesses across Texas and adjacent states saw a very bright fireball streaking across the sky, moving roughly east to west," Bill Cooke, head of NASA's Meteoroid Environments Office at the Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala.,wrote in a statement. "It was also recorded by a NASA meteor camera in Mayhill, New Mexico some five hundred miles (805 kilometers) to the west, which is very unusual and testifies to the brightness of the event."
I found the article about it here.
http://www.space.com/18840-texas-meteor ... video.html

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Foxesrule wrote:
NatureHeart wrote:I have not read the books, but I love the movie! It is amazing! And, I don't think dragons should be dog size. I like the thought of riding through the clouds and feeling the wind in my hair!
Dragons can be any size.

In the books, some are riding ones.
I looked the books up and found that out. But, I read a bit and I still like tho movie better. I just... Like it.
animalguy888 wrote:I just found out a meteor lit up hte sky and impacted texas last friday!
A terrific fireball lit up the sky early Friday (Dec. 7) morning when a meteor entered the Earth's atmosphere over Texas. The meteor was captured in amateur video and by a NASA observatory as far away as New Mexico.

NASA confirmed that the meteor was not part of the Geminid meteor shower expected later this week, but was most likely a fragment from the asteroid belt.

"This morning at 6:43 AM Central Standard Time, eyewitnesses across Texas and adjacent states saw a very bright fireball streaking across the sky, moving roughly east to west," Bill Cooke, head of NASA's Meteoroid Environments Office at the Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala.,wrote in a statement. "It was also recorded by a NASA meteor camera in Mayhill, New Mexico some five hundred miles (805 kilometers) to the west, which is very unusual and testifies to the brightness of the event."
I found the article about it here.
http://www.space.com/18840-texas-meteor ... video.html
Bit freaky knowing the earth is supposes to "end" on the 21st.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

Anyone realize that it’s 12/12/12?(Or 12/12/2012.) :shock:
It’s the twelfth day of the twelfth month of the twelfth year. (Well, not actually the twelfth year.. But... you know) xP
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

hoopyscoop wrote:Anyone realize that it’s 12/12/12?(Or 12/12/2012.) :shock:
It’s the twelfth day of the twelfth month of the twelfth year. (Well, not actually the twelfth year.. But... you know) xP
I noticed. I have been noticing that kind of thing since years ago oddly enough. Last November there was a 11/11/11 and two years ago during October there was 10/10/10 and in an hour or so (at least were I live) it will be 2:22 PM. Next it will not do it for dates again but will move on to different cycle. Next January there will be a 1/1/13. In Feburary there will be 2/2/13 Also in march there will be both a 3/3/13 and a 3/13/13.

It seems that this 12/12/12 is the last time the number are going to be arranged that way until 2112. Its also a special day in the fact that a 3 mile long asteroid is going to slingshot past earth tonight. It will come in about 4.4 milion miles away from earth. Yesterday an asteroid came even closer. It came within 140,000 miles. Thats just over half way between the earth and moon. As the earth-moon distance is 238,900 miles.

Theres an a couple articles on these asteroids.
http://www.space.com/18854-newfound-ast ... earth.html
http://www.space.com/18843-asteroid-tou ... casts.html

The larger of the two the one tha that is is 3 miles long, will not come as close os the smaller one and poses no real threat. Apearntly they are saying its a good time to take out telescopes and view webcasts...

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

I don't talk astronomical like you animal. I do believe you said that a meteor almost struck Earth though... Not cool.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

My favourite present was a toy red fox (Yes, I am into my plushies.) that was older than me! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

By more than a decade...
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Happy birthday Foxrule! Hope you have a good one. ^^

My birthday's coming up soon as well, haha. Getting olderrrrr.
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

Happy day-of-birth, Fox.
I haven't been on WEO in a while but here I am, visiting.
It seems a lot more inactive since I left. Or maybe that's just me?

As for the whole end-of-world thing, I'm genuinely scared about it. Not the end-of-world prophecy itself, but the people who are willing to act upon it.
Example: Some students at my school are spreading the rumor that a violent act will be practiced on the twenty-first of December. I think I might just not go to school that day.

And for birthdays, Alex recently became an adult. So many birthdays and people growing up.
Happy early-birthday to you, Kenya, in case I'm hibernating when yours comes calling.
http://tea-shell.deviantart.com/

InGame name: Esari or Starwolf
I respond to StarWolf/Star or Teashell/Tea
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

My birthday was last month. =P Happy birthday fox!
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

Happy birthday, Fox!
I'm sorry I'm not in much anymore. I've been so busy that I haven't really had time to check WEO. I do promise that I will be active as possible. I am open for PM's if you want to chat or have a question! I don't bite (:

~ Jez ❤
animalguy888
Adult Gecko

Post by animalguy888 »

Foxesrule wrote:IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

My favourite present was a toy red fox (Yes, I am into my plushies.) that was older than me! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

By more than a decade...
Happy Birthday!

My birthday is actually coming up in just over a week and half. It is on the 27th. Thats an intersting present a plush that over a decade. I really love things from the past. My favite movies are from over a decade ago. Such as Ghostbusters,Ghostbusters 2, Convoy, etc. I found a telescope last year that was in our attic. We found it when we had cleaned it out after a serious mold infestation. The telescope belonged to my mothers great great grandfather. My mothers 54 her father was just over 20 or so when my mom and her siblings were born and he is currently over 80. So.... Its a pretty old telascope! Its still got a dent in it from when my uncles were messing with it when they were kids. We could not find proper instructions because the company that built the telescope does not exist anymore. Though we managed to put it together with my uncle and grandfathers help. However that summer we hardly had any perfectly clear skies so i did not get a chance to use it though... I hope I get to use it...

Editing post:

By the way in case you don't know...Let this weekend be remembered around the world. :cry: :x :cry: :cry: Let the news of yesterday morning be heard around the world... (an article i found put it fresh in my memory no i wanna... cry :cry: I hardly ever cry...

NEWTOWN, Conn. — Investigators tried to figure out what led a bright but painfully awkward 20-year-old to slaughter 26 children and adults at a Connecticut elementary school, while townspeople sadly took down some of their Christmas decorations and struggled Saturday with how to go on.

The tragedy brought forth soul-searching and grief around the globe. Families as far away as Puerto Rico began to plan funerals for victims who still had their baby teeth, world leaders extended condolences, and vigils were held around the U.S.

Amid the sorrow, stories of heroism emerged, including an account of the Sandy Hook Elementary School principal who lost her life lunging at the gunman, Adam Lanza, in an attempt to overpower him.

Police shed no light on what triggered the second-deadliest school shooting in U.S. history, though state police Lt. Paul Vance said investigators had found "very good evidence ... that our investigators will be able to use in painting the complete picture, the how and, more importantly, the why." He would not elaborate.

However, another law enforcement official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said investigators have found no note or manifesto from Lanza of the sort they have come to expect after murderous rampages such as the Virginia Tech bloodbath in 2007 that left 33 people dead.

The mystery deepened as Newtown education officials said they had found no link between Lanza's mother and the school, contrary to news reports that said she was a teacher there. Investigators said they believe Adam Lanza attended Sandy Hook Elementary many years ago, but they had no explanation for why he went there on Friday.

Lanza shot to death his mother, Nancy Lanza, at the home they shared, then drove to the school in her car with at least three of her guns, forced his way inside and opened fire in two classrooms, authorities said. Within minutes, he killed 20 children, six adults and himself.

On Saturday, Chief Medical Examiner Dr. H. Wayne Carver said all the victims at the school were shot with a rifle, at least some of them up close, and all of them were apparently shot more than once. All six adults killed at the school were women. Of the 20 children, eight were boys and 12 were girls. All the children were 6 or 7 years old.

Asked how many bullets were fired, Carver said, "I'm lucky if I can tell you how many I found."

The tragedy plunged Newtown into mourning and added the picturesque New England community of handsome colonial homes, red-brick sidewalks and 27,000 people to the grim map of towns where mass shootings in recent years have periodically reignited the national debate over gun control but led to little change.

Signs around town read, "Hug a teacher today," `'Please pray for Newtown" and "Love will get us through."

"People in my neighborhood are feeling guilty about it being Christmas. They are taking down decorations," said Jeannie Pasacreta, a psychologist who was advising parents struggling with how to talk to their children.

The list of the dead was released Saturday, but in the tightly knit town, nearly everyone already seemed to know someone who died.

Among the dead: well-liked Principal Dawn Hochsprung, 47, who town officials say tried to stop the rampage and paid with her life; school psychologist Mary Sherlach, 56, who probably would have helped survivors grapple with the tragedy; a teacher thrilled to have been hired this year; and a 6-year-old girl who had just moved to Newtown from Canada.
"Next week is going to be horrible," said the town's legislative council chairman, Jeff Capeci, thinking about the string of funerals the town will face. "Horrible, and the week leading into Christmas."

School board chairwoman Debbie Leidlein spent Friday night meeting with parents who lost children and shivered as she recalled those conversations. "They were asking why. They can't wrap their minds around it. Why? What's going on?" she said. "And we just don't have any answers for them."

Authorities said Lanza had no criminal history, and it was not clear whether he had a job. Lanza was believed to have suffered from a personality disorder, said a law enforcement official who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Another law enforcement official, also speaking on condition of anonymity, said Lanza had been diagnosed with Asperger's, a mild form of autism often characterized by social awkwardness. People with the disorder are often highly intelligent. While they can become frustrated more easily, there is no evidence of a link between Asperger's and violent behavior, experts say.

The law enforcement officials insisted on anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the unfolding investigation.

Acquaintances describe the former honor student as smart but odd and remote.

Olivia DeVivo, now a student at the University of Connecticut, recalled that Lanza always came to school toting a briefcase and wearing his shirt buttoned all the way up. "He was very different and very shy and didn't make an effort to interact with anybody" in his 10th-grade English class, she said.

"You had yourself a very scared young boy who was very nervous around people," said Richard Novia, who was the school district's head of security and adviser to the high school's Tech Club, of which Lanza was a member. He added: "He was a loner."

Novia said Lanza had extreme difficulties relating to fellow students and teachers, as well as a strange bodily condition: "If that boy would've burned himself, he would not have known it or felt it physically."

Lanza would also go through crises that would require his mother to come to school to deal with. Such episodes might involve "total withdrawal from whatever he was supposed to be doing, be it a class, be it sitting and read a book," Novia said.

When people approached Lanza in the hallways, he would press himself against the wall or walk in a different direction, clutching his black case "like an 8-year-old who refuses to give up his teddy bear," said Novia, who now lives in Tennessee.

Even so, Novia said his main concern about Lanza was that he might become a target for teasing or abuse by other students, not that he might become a threat.

"Somewhere along in the last four years there were significant changes that led to what has happened Friday morning," Novia said. "I could never have foreseen him doing that."

Lanza's family was struggling to make sense of what happened and "trying to find whatever answers we can," his father, Peter Lanza, said in a statement late Saturday that also expressed sympathy for the victims' families.

Sandy Hook Elementary will be closed next week — some parents can't even conceive of sending their children back, Leidlein said — and officials are deciding what to do about the town's other schools.

Asked whether the town would recover, Maryann Jacob, a clerk in the school library who took cover in a storage room with 18 fourth-graders during the shooting rampage, said: "We have to. We have a lot of children left."
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/new ... hero_media

dinoman
Adult Mouse

Post by dinoman »

I'm truly disgusted with that...I can't use the words I would use to describe him here. He deserved long gruling hours of pain and suffering before he was killed for what he did. I hope that he rots with the devil and that the people he killed rest in peace.