Off-Topic Topic

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Re: Off-Topic Topic

Post by Jezibel »

That's really cool. I hope you find the picture soon.
I'm sorry I'm not in much anymore. I've been so busy that I haven't really had time to check WEO. I do promise that I will be active as possible. I am open for PM's if you want to chat or have a question! I don't bite (:

~ Jez ❤
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

Kenya wrote:When I went to Alaska, I saw a humpback whale breach right in front of us. It was amazing, since our guide said it's extremely rare for them to breach that far north. I'll see if I can dig up the picture, since my family was the only one to be able to get a picture since everyone else was in shock and awe.
It was truly a remarkable moment seeing it come fully out of the water. Those things are huge!

Thats cool kenya. This is the third time I have seen a whale and the second time I have seen a whale in the wild. Ever since the first time I saw one I have been obsessed with marine life. It inspired my dream of becoming a marine biologist. The second thing I want to do nature photography comes from taking a photograpghy class in 9th grade. Anyway the first time I saw a whale is in Maui of the Hawaiian islands. When I was in 1st grade my grandparents bought a trip to hawaii for my whole family. Including my Mother,father,sister,my brother and his wife,their kids, my aunts,uncles, and cousins. Everyone went whale watching except for me and my sister,father,and mother. That was because we had to stay with my mother since she gets seasick easily. Everyone that went saw turtles and jellyfish. But we saw the whales from shore. At first everyone watching from a hotel near a beach claimed it was just a buoy. Everyone except my sister. Even a marine biologist siting next to us said that it was just a buoy. Then I wanted to see for myself. So I barrowed the binoculars the biologist had. I looked through them to see a huge flipper come out of the water then back down with a mighty crash. I then told eveyone "Its a whale I saw its flipper". Then a few people took there bonaculars and saw it to. Then when they varified it everyone was up and formed a crowed for a chance to see them. Turns out it was a humback whale and calf swiming along the coastline. Now the second time I saw a whale was at seaworld about a year ago. And the third time was a pair of feeding minke whales last saturday. Whos picture I already posted.

That's the thing. My family doesn't really have much money for us to even go on vacation without worrying about loosing ours house, and cars. I don't even have an iPod touch yet :/

By the way jezebel we do not have much money either. Were not rich but we are not homeless. Prices may vary. One example of prices are 79 dollers for adults,52 dolllers for kids ages 3-12, and inphants go for free.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Neat stories you have there.

I'm not really into marine animals, haha. I'm more into mammals on land and whatnot; reason why I'm studying to become a Veterinarian. Most likely going to specialize in wildlife later on, but I want to see how things go first.
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

For some reason I can't draw cats, although I live with them and practise drawing them.

But I can draw canines, but I don't live with them and I never practise. -_-'
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

I’m still trying to draw meerkats. I keep getting the lines wrong, they always end up zig-zagging. ;w;
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

One thing you'll have to learn to accept is that you won't draw anything "perfectly" right away. ;p I have the hardest time in the world trying to draw people, and it frustrates me to no end that they ALWAYS come out... wrong. But the only way to get better and to where you want is to practice. Use references, maybe trace them a bit if need be - though be sure to give credit where it's due.

And most importantly - draw things the way YOU want them. They don't HAVE to be "perfect" or realistic. Develop your own style, practice a style you've seen, combine a few little tips, tricks - or styles... Have fun and love the way you draw! ^_^
Artwork: Tumblr
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Just a mini reminder that moderator applications close on September 24th. So if you're still thinking about it, you may want to hurry and post a form. There's no harm in trying, so no worries and try your best. You'll be surprised. =P
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

I actually can't wait to see who the mod will be. I just sighed out a form because I feel like I have a 36% percent of making it xp
Back to you, Animalguy, im going to ask my parents if we can go whale watching when my sister gets older.
I'm sorry I'm not in much anymore. I've been so busy that I haven't really had time to check WEO. I do promise that I will be active as possible. I am open for PM's if you want to chat or have a question! I don't bite (:

~ Jez ❤
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

hoopyscoop wrote:I’m still trying to draw meerkats. I keep getting the lines wrong, they always end up zig-zagging. ;w;
I want to learn to draw people. Unlike with my brother in law its seems kind of impossible. My brother in law can draw really cool portaits. He once drew my mother a family potrait using only an old photo of us for reference. It was unbelievable How much detail was in it. He got himself a degree in animation too.

As for me I never figured out how to even get a persons head right. But I am good at drawing things like whales,orcas,some dolphins,some birds,and some other sea animals like seals and sharks. Just not people.

Once in school for art class I had to draw a mexican person. It was the best I could do but I still did not like it. It looked more like a space alien wearing an earthly mexican hat. (Thats what my friends said it looked like. So I just went with it and decided to draw a UFO in the background.)

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

I love to draw, but I wouldn't say I'm the best at it. I'm better at sculpting animals, rather than drawing them.

~ Jez ❤
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

One of my cats, smudge....

Why you be so adorable?! D:
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Oh, my, gosh. THAT ISHES TOO ADORABLES!!! I can't believe the cuteness on that kitty! It's off the bars!

I have a neighborhood cat, she is just the most lovable thing! None of my neighbors like her. In think she is abandoned. The poor thing. My neighbor threatened to shoot her with a BB gun. :(
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
animalguy888
Adult Gecko

Post by animalguy888 »

NatureHeart wrote:Oh, my, gosh. THAT ISHES TOO ADORABLES!!! I can't believe the cuteness on that kitty! It's off the bars!

I have a neighborhood cat, she is just the most lovable thing! None of my neighbors like her. In think she is abandoned. The poor thing. My neighbor threatened to shoot her with a BB gun. :(

It is indeeed a cute cat. I don not own a cat currently but my neighbor does. He has had it for about a year. (I do not normally see him doing things like he did for this cat. The most memerable thing this I remember this guy doing is wacking a mole upside the head with a screwdriver as he saw it run across his yard.) One day he found a stray cat pass by his house. So he left it some food and water. Then the food and water was gone and he saw the cat again. This process repeats for a while. Him seeing the cat,leaving food and water for it,the next time he sees the cat the food and water are gone. Then eventually he welcomes the stray cat into his home. Its been almost a year since he first saw the cat and now he owns it.

By the way the BB gun is not as bad as gun. My mother uses one for rats and other rodents. The only exception was a woodpecker last spring because she was worried about it. Every spring we get a woodpecker trying to peck a hole and make nest in our chimney. She worried because if it were to succeed it would get burned whenever the fireplace would be turned on. So she took her BB gun and shot it. It dissappeared. However it came back after three days. Thankfully it still did not succeed.

NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Yes, but she said she will try to really hurt it with it. Her father is a hunter, and she has shot down deer before, but with a rifle. I hate the simple idea of shooting a cat! Her brother keeps throwing tennis balls at her when she sits on the fence of her yard, because he thinks she will eat the chickens.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
animalguy888
Adult Gecko

Post by animalguy888 »

NatureHeart wrote:Yes, but she said she will try to really hurt it with it. Her father is a hunter, and she has shot down deer before, but with a rifle. I hate the simple idea of shooting a cat! Her brother keeps throwing tennis balls at her when she sits on the fence of her yard, because he thinks she will eat the chickens.

Really? he does relize thats more of a dog problem. Cats are known for going after some birds and rodents. Dogs are the ones that go after chickens. Though with proper training that can easily be avoided. Not to mention they can have charges against them for animal cruelty.