Off-Topic Topic

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Quagga
Baby Gecko

Re: Off-Topic Topic

Post by Quagga »

I think the best thing you could say to get them to go away would be to say you're one of them. But, I dislike encouraging lying... Unless it's true. xD Iunno about shocking them, though...

It's because they simply don't leave when others want them to that makes them annoying. It's not that I'm against the religion - certainly not - but it's the way they do it, talk about it. I have nothing against sharing their beliefs, talking about it, and all that, but I wish they would respect other people as well and not talk about it when people don't want them to, or overwhelm people with what they have to say. In one sense, it's good; they're going around sharing what they feel to be true. And at least they aren't afraid to do so. But there's a point when even Christians should respect others' beliefs. The more you insist, the more annoying it is, and the less likely they are to listen or consider what you're saying.

Just my opinion at least.
Artwork: Tumblr
Lady
Adult Hawk

Post by Lady »

Døøm Dragøn wrote:Hmmm, today my morning started off rather interesting. At my bus stop today 3 jehovah's witnesses were there, waving fliers around...3! Not 2, THREE! I was skeptical and tried to walk on, but one stopped me and promptly began to lecture me on how great Bob is. The others all nodded their heads in agreement and showered me with fliers. I took one to be polite and for them to go away but it only encouraged them. I sat on a nearby wall to wait for the bus but they began to point out the best spots on the flier and began to quote the thing WORD FOR WORD....luckily the bus eventually came and rescued me. Never thought I would be so happy to get on the bus...
Doom,
Time to get a tranquilizar.
I think I spelled that wrong. :c
Heck, I need one too.
At this very same spot on April 23rd, 1898, absolutely nothing happened.-Sign at a gas station.
Is Blade (ID: 44687) Ingame.
€hrysalisΨolfHer☼
Baby Gecko

Post by €hrysalisΨolfHer☼ »

Quagga wrote:I have nothing against sharing their beliefs, talking about it, and all that, but I wish they would respect other people as well and not talk about it when people don't want them to,
THANKYOU

Gimme any religion to study, even a 'lesser' one no one's ever heard of, I won't be fuming and raging about blasphemy or any of that. In fact, even if I don't believe in some of it, most of it's quite interesting. :3 *specially Hindu and Buddism*
Game Name: Moonstar
I used to be: Fursiemoon

Magistream-ImageImageImageImage
DragCave-
LunaWolf
Adult Gecko

Post by LunaWolf »

We've only had Jehova's Witnesses knock on our door once since we've lived here. ALL the animals dropped what they were doing at the time and swarmed around their feet while my mom talked to them. You could see they were nervous. xD They handed us a flier, and left in a big hurry and never came back. xD
€hrysalisΨolfHer☼
Baby Gecko

Lawl! We had a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses come to our door, but they weren't really annoying. They talked for minute, were very friendly, gave us a flier, and left. (after they pet my dog XD)

DragCave-
WhiteFang
Adult Bluebird

Post by WhiteFang »

€hrysalisΨolfHer☼ wrote:Lawl! We had a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses come to our door, but they weren't really annoying. They talked for minute, were very friendly, gave us a flier, and left. (after they pet my dog XD)
What kinda' dog have you got?
In-Game Status: Offline
ImageImageImageImageImage
...Clickeh?
€hrysalisΨolfHer☼
Baby Gecko

Pit bull. ♥ He's so big, I was kinda surprised when they didn't seem afraid of him at all. They were all like 'hay lil woggiiee' then talked a bit, gave us a card/flyer thing, and left.

DragCave-
Zelda0909
Adult Gecko

Post by Zelda0909 »

I have a jack russle. hes small hes old and hes grumpy! lol. he ate my siblings mice.
LunaWolf
Adult Gecko

Post by LunaWolf »

One of my cats just coughed up their breakfast allll over my amp. >.< Unless someone decided to feed them there... It's all over the speaker part too, that's going to take forever to clean up...
Lady
Adult Hawk

Post by Lady »

I dunno what to post.
Yay, I posted something! c:
I forgot what I was about to post. :c
Nuu I'm starting to do enter a lot.
-~-
The end!
At this very same spot on April 23rd, 1898, absolutely nothing happened.-Sign at a gas station.
Is Blade (ID: 44687) Ingame.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Zelda0909
Adult Gecko

Post by Zelda0909 »

Alexander wrote:Image
Ah ha ha! thats so funny! XD I imagine my pokemon doing the move so I hate moves that dont make sense. now it makes sense!
€hrysalisΨolfHer☼
Baby Gecko

Zelda0909 wrote:
Alexander wrote:Image
Ah ha ha! thats so funny! XD I imagine my pokemon doing the move so I hate moves that dont make sense. now it makes sense!
Lol! That's amazing and terrifying at the same time! XD I do the same. Zelda... what the heck does 'Return' look like? :O

DragCave-
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

hey check out this epic photos of failure

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

LunaWolf
Adult Gecko

Post by LunaWolf »

There is a black cherry tree a short walk from my house. I picked one and tasted it and it was great. I went back to get more and realized the one I ate was the only one within picking distance of the ground. T.T I've been craving another for hours. They taunt me from high up... I need one of those grabby arm things.