Off-Topic Topic

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Re: Off-Topic Topic

Post by Foxesrule »

Alexander wrote:Here's my two cents. I believe it is this way due to specific marketing. This is a family-friendly (more specifically child friendly) web site which means pretty much no distinctions should be made that a child shouldn't know. Being a teenager and above, it's kind of hard sometimes not to want to say this that or the other about whatever the topic may be. If this site allowed at least up to the teenage area of openness then I'm sure it would have a greater amount of population reverting their attention to this. It's not likely the biggest reason, but I can tell you out of experience of not only me but a large handful of others that it is indeed a long term reason.
This is by no means an argument but just me spouting what I think is going on.
Hm, I think there should be a part of the forum only those 13 and above can view to discuss things for, well, teenagers. (But the no swearing rule would still apply. ›<)
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Foxesrule wrote:
Alexander wrote:Here's my two cents. I believe it is this way due to specific marketing. This is a family-friendly (more specifically child friendly) web site which means pretty much no distinctions should be made that a child shouldn't know. Being a teenager and above, it's kind of hard sometimes not to want to say this that or the other about whatever the topic may be. If this site allowed at least up to the teenage area of openness then I'm sure it would have a greater amount of population reverting their attention to this. It's not likely the biggest reason, but I can tell you out of experience of not only me but a large handful of others that it is indeed a long term reason.
Hm, I think there should be a part of the forum only those 13 and above can view to discuss things for, well, teenagers. (But the no swearing rule would still apply. ›<)
I believe that either separation by age groups or completely making it available for mostly teenagers would be the route to progress. I know I'm not WEO and I probably know about 1% he would about marketing and things like that, but in my gut and experience I can just feel that anticipation, waiting for something like that to happen. Two simple groups (K & 13+) would probably be for the best as it would probably be more agreeable on both ends of the spectrum. Of course we can talk about it all day but it is WEO's decision and I'm loyal to whatever path he wishes to take.
I kind of wish I could take a few friends back here and make it fun again, however I can't change people and I can't will them to do what I wish for. All I know is that people have, to my understanding, "outgrown" or "grew bored" of the web site. There were better suited sites and communications and sadly this one became unlucky for a pretty big number of people I know. I can sit here all day and say "Oh I'm in college there's too much work to do to get on here every day," and although I do stalk around pretty often, I must say that I can never really find an opening area to talk to someone. I feel like I've become detached and probably rightly so for mishaps I nor anyone else could have controlled. That's the past though, of course. I don't think I'll ever willingly leave this place, even if I don't feel as welcomed here as I used to.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Alexander wrote:
Foxesrule wrote:
I believe that either separation by age groups or completely making it available for mostly teenagers would be the route to progress. I know I'm not WEO and I probably know about 1% he would about marketing and things like that, but in my gut and experience I can just feel that anticipation, waiting for something like that to happen. Two simple groups (K & 13+) would probably be for the best as it would probably be more agreeable on both ends of the spectrum. Of course we can talk about it all day but it is WEO's decision and I'm loyal to whatever path he wishes to take.
I kind of wish I could take a few friends back here and make it fun again, however I can't change people and I can't will them to do what I wish for. All I know is that people have, to my understanding, "outgrown" or "grew bored" of the web site. There were better suited sites and communications and sadly this one became unlucky for a pretty big number of people I know. I can sit here all day and say "Oh I'm in college there's too much work to do to get on here every day," and although I do stalk around pretty often, I must say that I can never really find an opening area to talk to someone. I feel like I've become detached and probably rightly so for mishaps I nor anyone else could have controlled. That's the past though, of course. I don't think I'll ever willingly leave this place, even if I don't feel as welcomed here as I used to.
Choo choo! Here comes the opinion train!!
Okay, I think that having a section for people 13+ would be a good idea. I'm sure the those older kids might visit the younger ones every once in a while, at the least! I am definately coming on less often than I used to. I kinda feel bad about it.. Everyone I recommend the site to seems to be more like driven away. It's like 2D animal simulation games are old news. Everyone wants Aro'kai, and I do too, because the game isn't exciting enough.
I think it is because, even though most things are more real than other animal games, it isn't very realistic. I mean, if a fox is hiding behind a bush, you can see it in the world. So that means no stealth. Nothing hunts you unless you are on it's square, or you provoke it. It doesn't have adrenaline. Nothing is different in the seasons except for the food growth and the temperature. No big changes (like snow and bare trees in the winter) when seasons change.
Furthermore, nothing suggested is ever put in the game. When was the last update? I get budgets, but unless we do something drastic, we will go down in flames. No game means no people. We NEED to step it up. I never see anyone on anymore! This place is DEAD! There is a contest trying to get people, but it isn't working well.
Now, if you excuse me, I must go to Feral-Heart and make a character named "ReadMyBIO," and make my bio all about the good things of the game. Then, I will make a group called, "The WEO Fanclub" and add all the people who seem interested to it. Then, I will be the hero of the site, and everyone will worship me! >:D

No, don't worship me, but I promise I will do all I can to help. :)
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Yeah, we NEED an update.
Heck, a new animal or a new feature, aslong as it's an update.
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Oh my gosh.. I feel so bummed. CS is to blame.

Need I say more?

EDIT: Fixed it..
Last edited by NatureHeart on Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

NatureHeart wrote:Oh my gosh.. I feel so bummed. CS is to blame.

Need I say more?
What do you mean? I cant view the trade.
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

I am seriously, super, extra, extremely angry.... Ahem, WEO won’t work on my macbook. D:< It works on my dad’s mac pro...BUT NOOOO it just wont work! I’ve tried disabling/re-enabling Java in my browser...Tried deleting it and reinstalling... I’ve tried opening the weo app and letting it run all day. It just sits there with a white screen! The popup comes up... But it never loads! I wanna play it without asking my dad if I can use his comupter...

EDIT: I feel so bad, ;w; I got my lizards moved in and Fred is covered with stress marks. :(
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
redwing
Bluebird Chick

Post by redwing »

hoopyscoop wrote:I am seriously, super, extra, extremely angry.... Ahem, WEO won’t work on my macbook. D:< It works on my dad’s mac pro...BUT NOOOO it just wont work! I’ve tried disabling/re-enabling Java in my browser...Tried deleting it and reinstalling... I’ve tried opening the weo app and letting it run all day. It just sits there with a white screen! The popup comes up... But it never loads! I wanna play it without asking my dad if I can use his comupter...

EDIT: I feel so bad, ;w; I got my lizards moved in and Fred is covered with stress marks. :(
Red pets the lizards gently
Poor thing D:
and IWISHWEOWOULDJUSTMAKEITSOWINTERISWINTERANDFALLISFALLANDTHATTHERECOULDBECAVEINSANDANACTUALNIGHTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANT
'Kay i'm done ranting.
ImageImageImageImage
Under-cover name: (You may not know it >:D)
1st name: Mousefeather
2nd: Blackfoot
Find me on WEO!
btw I like the logs. It's a good den for friends c:
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Hey, Fox? Did you make your avatar?
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

NatureHeart wrote:Hey, Fox? Did you make your avatar?
No, why? o3o
(Well right now I'm working on a new avatar but I still need to see if the animation looks decent.. XD)
Here's the first frame:
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Ah. I saw somebody on CS with your avatar, and I was just wondering. xP
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
redwing
Bluebird Chick

Post by redwing »

Who thinks we should find VERY active forums and advertise there if they let us?
ImageImageImageImage
Under-cover name: (You may not know it >:D)
1st name: Mousefeather
2nd: Blackfoot
Find me on WEO!
btw I like the logs. It's a good den for friends c:
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

redwing wrote:Who thinks we should find VERY active forums and advertise there if they let us?
I have advertised on a very active forum.
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

I’ve been extremely emotional this month, and what do I do? Go listen to sad songs, read sad things, and watch sad videos. Now I’m crying even harder. WHHYYYYY.

I REALLY annoy myself sometimes. :roll:
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
WildLife
Baby Mouse
Location: Wherever mah wolfy takes meh. Maybe to Burger king :D

Post by WildLife »

Do you guys watch family guy? I am aware it is not a child oriented show, but still, I wanna share some news. One of the main characters, Brian griffin, died because of a car crash. I'm sad about that, but they replaced him with some dog named 'Vinny' and he is 17 percent cat. He has a sort of Italian accent. So yeah, their is your news. Now if you excuse me, i will be crying in the corner... :(
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.
I am.