Off-Topic Topic

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Re: Off-Topic Topic

Post by hoopyscoop »

NatureHeart wrote:That doesn't mean anything. My neighbor is a hunter and he loves animals! He had a cat, he currently has a dog, a lizard, and a guinea pig! I think he has 2 frogs and a fish too, but they might have died.
Sounds like quite the zoo! xD

May I ask, and if you don't want to, or don't know, you do not need to answer... What kind of lizard? :o (Reptile crazy person here<3)

EDIT: oh, I made a new page. xD
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

I want a western hognose snake so bad but my mom hates snakes aauuugh.
They don't even want a pet in general. Makes me sad.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

I think he is a leopard gecko, and the cutest little thing! <3 Adorable! His name is Leo, and he is much smaller than the last lizard, of whom's name I have forgotten!
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

Alexander wrote:I want a western hognose snake so bad but my mom hates snakes aauuugh.
They don't even want a pet in general. Makes me sad.
I actually am more of a neutral person on the snake topic... Their beautiful, and interesting. It's just that some carry very painful venom. ;~; (Not pet ones...usually those are constrictors.)

Speaking of reptiles... My bearded dragon, Fredericka, was on her cactus and it was pretty late at night so I went to turn her lights off so she could sleep, I said, "Fred, do you want your lights off?" AND SHE NODDED. O_O
well... Actually it was a head bob, they use that to protect their territories.

Anyway, when she did it she had this very serious look on her face. xD
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Western hognoses do carry venom but they have rear fangs. Very few people get a reaction from it because the venom is only designed to deflate frogs that they eat. d: Besides.. you'd have to stick your pinky finger in their if you want to get yourself bit. They're one of the most docile, possibly even moreso than a corn snake. When threatened, they first flatten out their necks, then they "strike" (mouth closed), and finally they play dead, which means literally getting on their backs and sticking their tongue out.
They can also be morphed so that they have an anaconda pattern, even though they usually get to about 2 feet in length. Mini anacondas, awaaaaaaay
I watched a video of one slithering around in a jacket and using its upturned snout to try to "dig" into it, but since it couldn't, it actually looked incredibly adorable. It's like it was.. nuzzling. Very cute indeed. It was originally used for digging into sand, but, you know, why not turn it into cuddling.

My dream morph is the Extreme Red...

I've been looking into leopard geckos and frilled dragons.

That's ridiculously awesome, by the way. I love how they have their own little personalities. Bearded dragons would probably actually be my second option to the snake.
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

Alexander wrote:Western hognoses do carry venom but they have rear fangs. Very few people get a reaction from it because the venom is only designed to deflate frogs that they eat. d: Besides.. you'd have to stick your pinky finger in their if you want to get yourself bit. They're one of the most docile, possibly even moreso than a corn snake. When threatened, they first flatten out their necks, then they "strike" (mouth closed), and finally they play dead, which means literally getting on their backs and sticking their tongue out.
They can also be morphed so that they have an anaconda pattern, even though they usually get to about 2 feet in length. Mini anacondas, awaaaaaaay
I watched a video of one slithering around in a jacket and using its upturned snout to try to "dig" into it, but since it couldn't, it actually looked incredibly adorable. It's like it was.. nuzzling. Very cute indeed. It was originally used for digging into sand, but, you know, why not turn it into cuddling.

My dream morph is the Extreme Red...

I've been looking into leopard geckos and frilled dragons.

That's ridiculously awesome, by the way. I love how they have their own little personalities. Bearded dragons would probably actually be my second option to the snake.
Thats beautiful! I like how their nose is. xD

Yes, bearded dragons are very...personatilive? They have great personalities. x3

My first choice was the leopard gecko, but then we read they were nocturnal.... I still want one, xD

And then we found bearded dragons, (<3) we researched a bit and then went and bought my Fredericka,
We actually thought she was a boy since January. xD
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Yeah, a lot of reptiles can be really hard in terms of who's a female and who's a male. The best I got is the thin, longer tail (male) v. the fatter, shorter tail (female). I don't know if all reptiles go by this, probably not. Then there's the really weird way where you move their tails and just looking at how they do it makes me think it would hurt or at least be very uncomfortable.
My concern with leopard geckos was the same idea; nocturnal. They just have really cool patterns/colors. Bearded dragons are probably best for me anyways, haha.
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

Alexander wrote:Yeah, a lot of reptiles can be really hard in terms of who's a female and who's a male. The best I got is the thin, longer tail (male) v. the fatter, shorter tail (female). I don't know if all reptiles go by this, probably not. Then there's the really weird way where you move their tails and just looking at how they do it makes me think it would hurt or at least be very uncomfortable.
My concern with leopard geckos was the same idea; nocturnal. They just have really cool patterns/colors. Bearded dragons are probably best for me anyways, haha.
Yeah. I think I've heard of that, even the way you said it sounds painful..

Bearded dragons actually have a different way, and I'm glad, you pull their tail up, very gently of course, straight up, and if there is one bump, that is female, and two bumps are male. They have to be a certain size though. My Fred is a definite girl. xD Even the way she acts is all girl.

Once I was sitting on my bed watching her, (Because lizards(and all reptiles, don't get me wrong) are just too cool not to watch.) she lifted her arm up and waved. It was adorable! (They also wave. xD)

She also crouches down and watches her crickets every move, and then all of a sudden jumps and attacks, it's so awesome. :3
Lysander
Baby Mouse
Location: Why is this tomato orbiting in space at 4.8 miles per second?

Post by Lysander »

hello everybody i am here remember me??!!!!???!!!!!

anyway tho lots has changed during mu absence. one thing that changed is the fact that i cant spell and type correxctly
do i look like i givwe a heck

anywyayym has anybody read the Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde??????????????? sorry i just like this book very much and its my new fandom and i like the thing very much also my life has dissolved into lanyon/hyde 8)
hello. my name is gabriel and sometimes i draw
my art: http://drhastielanyon.tumblr.com/
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Hello, I still remember. ;p

And Alexander that snake is so cute! Guess what my most wanted pet is... x) Fortunately when/if I get them it's easy to tell which gender they are. In two ways.
One is size and personality, while the other is a part...Err... you know what.

On another note, I hurt my hand so my typing is slow... I hurt it in P.E when the fastest runner ran into it... Thanks to him, I can hardly use my left arm. ;-;
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

Foxesrule wrote:Hello, I still remember. ;p

And Alexander that snake is so cute! Guess what my most wanted pet is... x) Fortunately when/if I get them it's easy to tell which gender they are. In two ways.

On another note, I hurt my hand so my typing is slow... I hurt it in P.E when the fastest runner ran into it... Thanks to him, I can hardly use my left arm. ;-;
Your most wanted pet is a... ELEPHANT! No... A lizard? No... A rock? No... OH RIGHT! A rat. x3

Ahh... I hate when that happens. Though I usually avoid people, but apparently not walls..
Or gates... Or the 'foot board' (opisite of the headboard.) It sticks RIGHT OUT! I've gotten so many bruises from that... You have no idea..

Once, I walked into my parent's bedroom and walked straight into a black cabinet I knew was there! All the lights were turned on, and this was a good year after we got the cabinet. I walked into it face first, I just about died laughing. xD
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

hoopyscoop wrote:

Your most wanted pet is a... ELEPHANT! No... A lizard? No... A rock? No... OH RIGHT! A rat. x3

Ahh... I hate when that happens. Though I usually avoid people, but apparently not walls..
Or gates... Or the 'foot board' (opisite of the headboard.) It sticks RIGHT OUT! I've gotten so many bruises from that... You have no idea..

Once, I walked into my parent's bedroom and walked straight into a black cabinet I knew was there! All the lights were turned on, and this was a good year after we got the cabinet. I walked into it face first, I just about died laughing. xD
Tsk tsk tsk... That's NOTHING!!

Once, when I was in 1st grade, I got out out of the shower, dried off, and put my clothes on. I have towel hangers on the top of the bathroom door and I thought, 'Hey, I'mma try to put the towel up!'
So I trwe it up a couple times, but the last time my hand came down and poked my eye! It hurt so bad I ran into my room and jumped on my bed, Well, actually, I flew right over the bed and hit the wall. Now my whole face hurt, so I ran to my mom who was blowdrying her hair in her bathroom. I ran in the bedroom, made a turn to go into the bathroom, and BAM! Faceplant into the wall! I ran back into my room and actually landed on my bed this time! I hit my face hard enough for my mom to hear it over the blowdrier, because she came in my room and asked if I was okay.

My dad came in after and said, "I hope you don't get a black eye! It's picture day tomorrow!" And THAT'S when I got owrried.

But I didn't get a black eye and I was fine. :3
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

NatureHeart wrote:
hoopyscoop wrote:

Tsk tsk tsk... That's NOTHING!!

Once, when I was in 1st grade, I got out out of the shower, dried off, and put my clothes on. I have towel hangers on the top of the bathroom door and I thought, 'Hey, I'mma try to put the towel up!'
So I trwe it up a couple times, but the last time my hand came down and poked my eye! It hurt so bad I ran into my room and jumped on my bed, Well, actually, I flew right over the bed and hit the wall. Now my whole face hurt, so I ran to my mom who was blowdrying her hair in her bathroom. I ran in the bedroom, made a turn to go into the bathroom, and BAM! Faceplant into the wall! I ran back into my room and actually landed on my bed this time! I hit my face hard enough for my mom to hear it over the blowdrier, because she came in my room and asked if I was okay.

My dad came in after and said, "I hope you don't get a black eye! It's picture day tomorrow!" And THAT'S when I got owrried.

But I didn't get a black eye and I was fine. :3
I know that it hurt and all but I can't stop laughing! xD I just imagnined someone flying over their bed... xD

I hate poking my eye... It's painful. D: Unluckily for me, I do it all the time. xD

Speaking of painfullness... Like 3 days ago, my little sister, tried to get me out of the way of something, all the times she couldn't succeed and she finally resorted to the worst thing on earth.. PULLING MY HAIR! Oh she pulled it so hard... She was walking backwards while pulling, like she was moving something. I cupped my hand around my hair tightly at the base of it, (That's what I do when brushing my hair because it tangles easily and it hurts to untangle... It works too! :D Well... makes it not hurt anyway...) She finally let go after I screamed, I then held my head and curled up into a ball so she couldn't attack me anymore.. After the pain went away a little, some of my hair fell out, SHE PULLED THAT HARD. -shivers- my head still hurts actually. But not as much. I have a very sensitive head, so it was probably the worst experienece of my life. (Believe me... Almost every part of my body is sensestive. And when I say every part, I mean every part...)

Is it strange that I'm told I'm 'stronger' when I'm afraid? I had to have a shot once, and they got it all ready, and I was screaming crying, (as I said before.. VERY SENSITIVE!! D:) they had to have 2 people do it while my mom and dad held me down... And let me tell you... Wiggling around to avoid pain came with a price.... They didn't get enough and had to do another... x-x The first was nothing... The second was just downright painful! After that, my dad told me that he was using all his strength to hold me down so they could get the shot in... I can't even carry a bag of ice, so this is surprising.
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Wow... How old is your sister? She sounds aggressive.. O_O

And the shot? When I got a shot for the first time, I didn't want it.. But, I didn't squirm, struggle, cry or anything. I just dropped my mouth open in shock and pain... And I got a band-aid! :D
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

NatureHeart wrote:Wow... How old is your sister? She sounds aggressive.. O_O

And the shot? When I got a shot for the first time, I didn't want it.. But, I didn't squirm, struggle, cry or anything. I just dropped my mouth open in shock and pain... And I got a band-aid! :D
Believe it or not... She's 2 years old... She's stronger than me... and I'm 9 years older than her(I'm 11)! O_O

Your amazing. Amazing I tell you! :3 I don't think I can even look at a shot without squiriming... That's what I do with knives... I cannot even carry one while unloading the dishwasher. If I do I hold it way in front of me, where it cannot hurt me.