Off-Topic Topic

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Quagga
Baby Gecko

Re: Off-Topic Topic

Post by Quagga »

Bad events happen; people die everywhere and all the time. It could be starvation, accidents, murder, suicide... It could be a number of things. But why is it that we pick and choose what events to emphasize, and then we ignore the rest? There are numerous instances I never even get to hear about.

It's not that this is a lesser event, that's not what I'm saying one bit. Any form of harm is horrid. But there's always bad things happening... So why don't we get to hear about people grieving over those, too? Why do we pick on one thing to blow up into a big bad story? Why?

And is it even proper to wish ill to the killers? Who knows what goes through their head. Can you relate? Can you understand them? Some don't even understand why what they do is bad. It sounds almost pitiable, personally. It doesn't make them good people. It doesn't make their actions forgivable, and it doesn't make the suffering family and friends go through any more bearable or ridiculous. But they're still flawed, feeling, thinking humans, like you and I are... And yet, so dissimilar. Is it right to condemn them? And then, is it right to condemn them if they are mentally unstable?

Something just doesn't feel quite right. It is my personal opinion. Feel free to disagree, anyways. :p
Artwork: Tumblr
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Well, cops (Or 'police'...) in Britain don't kill.. Err.. But yeah, in the US they do.
And I agree.

Oh, yes, I remember someone in the streets:
"I went fox hunting the other day. Great fun. Doing it next week aswell."

I also think the same with humans that kill animals...

The photos I have seen...
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
dinoman
Adult Mouse

Post by dinoman »

That's true. Killing an animal for food is one thing, killing an animal for a 'trophy' is a whole other, horrible thing. I once saw a video where some animal farm in China I think, the animals get skinned ALIVE for fur coats. It showed a little white fox getting stepped on and skinned.
Lysander
Baby Mouse
Location: Why is this tomato orbiting in space at 4.8 miles per second?

Post by Lysander »

hey guys hows your day been?

i think im just going to dump this here:
Attachments
pip pip cheerio
pip pip cheerio
oh my gooooooooooooooooooooos.png (419.15 KiB) Viewed 6310 times
hello. my name is gabriel and sometimes i draw
my art: http://drhastielanyon.tumblr.com/
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

The world is "supposed" to end today... Outside I see a cloudy winter morning which is normal here... I see a couple of crows or ravens in my frontyard... That is also normal here... I see absulotly no signs of terror. It is a normal winter morning. I think some people are feeling pretty dumb right now. I bet some are even regreting paying hundrends of dollers for a protective bunker when nothing is happening! hahaha! (I told myself I would laugh at them when I woke up an Dec 21st 2012 to an average winter morning... I'm doing that now! hahahahahahahahaha!)

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

The thing is, we don't know when the world will end. We might never know. Scientist may say "Oh the world will end on this day" or "Build a bunker because the world will end on this day." I just don't like to think about because it just makes me emotional (I dunno why). People at my school scream in the hallways, saying the world is going. But they get a detention for doings so (lol).
I do have one question, though. I've seen both movies, 2012 and Zombieland. If the world did end, which one would actually happen? Or do you not know?
I'm sorry I'm not in much anymore. I've been so busy that I haven't really had time to check WEO. I do promise that I will be active as possible. I am open for PM's if you want to chat or have a question! I don't bite (:

~ Jez ❤
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

Shenzi wrote:The thing is, we don't know when the world will end. We might never know. Scientist may say "Oh the world will end on this day" or "Build a bunker because the world will end on this day." I just don't like to think about because it just makes me emotional (I dunno why). People at my school scream in the hallways, saying the world is going. But they get a detention for doings so (lol).
I do have one question, though. I've seen both movies, 2012 and Zombieland. If the world did end, which one would actually happen? Or do you not know?
Thing is most scientist do not agree with the world ending today. Nasa Has been doughtful and has disproven theories on what will happen. Scientists studying the maya agree that it was not the calender itself but a misinterpretation of the calender. We have no living anceint maya to say that the world will end today. What was more likely to happen if they were still around is that they would throw a big celebration and then make a new calender. Due to this misunderstanding of the mayan calender different ideas of how the world will end today have been created. However scientist from NASA along with most other scientist have been able to disprove them.

They are:
The theory of Planet x: A giant rouge planet will slam into the earth and the earth will be smashed to pieces. This has been proven wrong. If this was true it would have been known as the brightest object in the night sky months and maybe even years ago. It never was and has still has not so this theory is incorect.

The theory of death by sun: This theory says that a massive solar flare caused by a solar maximum will cause a global black out and end humanitys electronic age. A solar maximum is the peak of a solar cycle. Every 11 years the sun becomes it's most active. This creates bigger and more violent sunspots,solar flares,and CME's (CME stands for a Coronal Mass Ejection). 2012 is supposed to be a solar maximum. However Scientist classify this as the weakest and wimpiest Solar Maximum in the last 50 years. So it posses no real threat to earth.

there are many other theorys of how it will happen today but pretty much all have been disproven by NASA and other scientist.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Skeer-Ah
Baby Gecko

Post by Skeer-Ah »

>people rejoice that world didn't end
>mfw 22nd has already pretty much passed here

how to read sad megatron/starscream fic:
1. read & finish
2. tHEN SIT IN CORNER AND CRY WHILE YOU QUESTION EVERYTHING YOU'VE DONE IN YOUR LIFE
3. sleep
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

So much for the end of the world! Two days ago I was freaked out because I wasn't sure or not, and the sky had been cloudy for weeks so couldn't see it. But then, yesterday I got up and looked out the window, and I saw a bright sunny day. Then I looked around more for a planet that might be hiding. x3
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

NatureHeart wrote:So much for the end of the world! Two days ago I was freaked out because I wasn't sure or not, and the sky had been cloudy for weeks so couldn't see it. But then, yesterday I got up and looked out the window, and I saw a bright sunny day. Then I looked around more for a planet that might be hiding. x3

Lol, this was me. I would hide under my covers in the morning, crying because I didn't want to die. My mom would get mad at me because I would be late for school xP
I'm sorry I'm not in much anymore. I've been so busy that I haven't really had time to check WEO. I do promise that I will be active as possible. I am open for PM's if you want to chat or have a question! I don't bite (:

~ Jez ❤
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

x3 I never believed it anyway.. It was just.. possible. But did you know what the Myans thought would happen? Something about snakes coming out of the ground and blood and stuff, I don't know. I saw it in a show. x3
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
animalguy888
Adult Gecko

Post by animalguy888 »

Shenzi wrote:
NatureHeart wrote:So much for the end of the world! Two days ago I was freaked out because I wasn't sure or not, and the sky had been cloudy for weeks so couldn't see it. But then, yesterday I got up and looked out the window, and I saw a bright sunny day. Then I looked around more for a planet that might be hiding. x3

Lol, this was me. I would hide under my covers in the morning, crying because I didn't want to die. My mom would get mad at me because I would be late for school xP
Thats not me. NASA cast doughts,Scientist cas doughts, and I cast doughts. Some people are people are pobably start to say. "I paid hundreds of dollers for a secret bunker and I was wrong! Now I do not feel smart anymore!" I am sitting here saying "well thats too bad for you!"

Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

The 21st is a special day... Not the end of the world. I still laugh at those people who think it was going to end.
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

merry christmas evdryone! is on brand new 3ds YAY
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Merry Christmas and have a happy new year! Also, what's 3rds day? Thursday? Because Christmas was Tuesday...
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥