Off-Topic Topic

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Re: Off-Topic Topic

Post by Foxesrule »

NatureHeart wrote:Oh, my, gosh. THAT ISHES TOO ADORABLES!!! I can't believe the cuteness on that kitty! It's off the bars!

I have a neighborhood cat, she is just the most lovable thing! None of my neighbors like her. In think she is abandoned. The poor thing. My neighbor threatened to shoot her with a BB gun. :(
Is she a stray cat? If so, look to see if one of her ears/botrh are more 'flat' or seem to be 'chipped'. If so, don't try and take her to a rescue centre, or something. She will be a cat that is happy being stray, and was humanely captured and had that done to her ears-Painlessly-to stop her having kittens, so the town/whatever you live in does not get over-populated.

If her ears are not like that..I dunno.
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

No, she isn't a stray. I found her owners. Do you know what the girl said to my mom? "Can you make your kids stop petting my cat?" Oh my gosh! Rrr! :evil:
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

It might be for good intentions. Outdoors animals are more likely to be dirty, and carry diseases and bugs. My dog is only limited to our backyard, and ended up with a tick the other day. Trouble that was... Anywho. Even if YOU don't get sick, there's always a chance you can pass on harmful germs to other animals you're in contact with.

If it's not for thoughts like that, then there's always either jealousy or concern. You wouldn't want anyone to hurt your pet, right? And you're not necessarily familiar with the people, so you get a little paranoid over what could happen, eh?

Don't take it too hard. It's not like they're mistreating their cat - or if they are, then they'll just get in trouble for it.
You might have good, harmless intentions, but then all the more reason you can just let it go, right? No harm means no trouble.
Artwork: Tumblr
SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Post by SilentEcho »

Maybe the cat has temperament problems and they don't want it to attack you.
If you don't know who I am by now, I'm just some girl who changes obsessions all the time.
Current Obsessions: Pokemon, TWD, Glee and The legend of Korra

Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

Or maybe she's super stingy like me when it comes to my cat. I can't stand to see other people giving my little Malik love. ;3; But that's just me.
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

No. That is the PERFECT cat. She only hissed a few times in my presence. NOT EVEN AT ME!!! (My other cat is aggressive toward other cats... She only hissed back.) Another quote: My mom: "Why?" Her: "Because if you pet her she will come back."

... DON'T LET YOUR CAT OUT THEN!!!
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

Then they're possibly concerned that they'll "lose" their pet. Cat gets accustomed to getting attention/etc., goes back for more... And they "lose" a pet when it doesn't return at night. Or there's the people who will try to steal pets, even...

They leave their cat out NOT because they want people to interact with it. They let it out for fresh air, exercise, and to let it have fun. All the smells, sounds, and sights... They leave it out because they want to, because they think it's better than being cooped up all day, etc. so many possibilities.

Everyone's got their excuses and whatnot, eh? I could argue: It's not your cat, so stop fussing over it, because it's COMPLETELY irrelevant to YOU what THEY do with it (short of abuse). If it's THAT big of a deal to you, then talk to them about it. Or... just accept it and drop it. The cat is unharmed, and in NO WAY is this affecting your life negatively. It's trivial. Irritating maybe, but not worth the excess fuss.
Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

I'll have to say, Quagga is as close to right as you can get (In my opinion) on the matter. It's their cat, therefor ultimately if they don't want you to be interacting with it, they have the right to forbid any contact.
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Quagga, you are probably the closest thing to Google, only better. I know she isn't my cat, but my neighbors have threatened to call the pound on her multiple times. She is at my house more than theirs too. She stays in out garage for hours on end. I just feel so bad. :(
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

Talk to the owners about it. Explain your situation, intentions, wants... Express your concern, though show that you only mean well and want what's best. Although not everyone can be reasoned with, and sometimes you just... really do have to stay out of others' business, I suppose. But unless there are actual problems that can be brought up, I'm not certain what else there is to do... Apart from just continuing on as before, anyways. xD

Also, I'm sure if you really wanted to (although I'm certain you don't) ... While the cat IS their property, I'm sure you could bring up issues on it entering in on YOUR property without permission, or something like that. Yeah, the cat is their property, but they also have to control it in some ways... But... there's so much technicality, bah...

ANYWHO... xD
Try to do something 'bout it, then, and talk to the people. ;p Or talk through parents... Or be a rebel, if you do insist... lol Do what you want, eh? But even if you have good intentions for whatever it is you do: "Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions." - Jurassic Park xD

I'm sorry I got all rambly on a topic you miiiight've just needed to vent on. :x
I know sometimes you just need to vent things out, and usually trying to help isn't... well, helpful. Heck, that's me a lot of the time - where trying to use logic in situations when I'm in a bad mood usually ends up a bit worse... Instead it's nicer to just ramble and vent and get things off my chest to someone who's just listening and supportive, not giving actual input on it. xD

My bad...
*headdesk*
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

NatureHeart wrote:Quagga, you are probably the closest thing to Google, only better. I know she isn't my cat, but my neighbors have threatened to call the pound on her multiple times. She is at my house more than theirs too. She stays in out garage for hours on end. I just feel so bad. :(
The same with me. There's this cat called 'C-Fur' in my neighbourhood, but he never goes in his owners's house. :c He was a present. I hate pets as presents. :c

Anyway, his owners won't take him to the vet, which he desperately NEEDS. Something is wrong with his mouth, so he drools everywhere, making things stink. Because of his mouth he can't clean himself, and it' hard for him to eat. :c

And his owners are going to move soon, so I can't feed him. only hope he's going to be alright without me. I mean, he never goes in their house, and he sometimes raids the bins. (-.-)

I hope his owners don't forgot about C-fur and leave him here.
I'm crying now...
Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

SilentEcho wrote:I miss alex :C

Lif is so much fun I love playing around with the people on that game.

We've played it so much I'm sick of it. XD But yeah, it's still pretty fun. I wish they would add more features. It has the potential to be a great game.
Lysander
Baby Mouse
Location: Why is this tomato orbiting in space at 4.8 miles per second?

Post by Lysander »

oh i changed my avatar again.

hehe, transformice. (Starscream and Megatron)
hello. my name is gabriel and sometimes i draw
my art: http://drhastielanyon.tumblr.com/
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Foxesrule wrote:
NatureHeart wrote:Quagga, you are probably the closest thing to Google, only better. I know she isn't my cat, but my neighbors have threatened to call the pound on her multiple times. She is at my house more than theirs too. She stays in out garage for hours on end. I just feel so bad. :(
The same with me. There's this cat called 'C-Fur' in my neighbourhood, but he never goes in his owners's house. :c He was a present. I hate pets as presents. :c

Anyway, his owners won't take him to the vet, which he desperately NEEDS. Something is wrong with his mouth, so he drools everywhere, making things stink. Because of his mouth he can't clean himself, and it' hard for him to eat. :c

And his owners are going to move soon, so I can't feed him. only hope he's going to be alright without me. I mean, he never goes in their house, and he sometimes raids the bins. (-.-)

I hope his owners don't forgot about C-fur and leave him here.
I'm crying now...
I watch a show called Animal Cops and what you described sounded a lot like what they would deal with. In a case like that, they would look at the animal, get a warrant, take them to their shelter, and give them the love and care they desperately deserve.

I've seen rooster fighting (With hens ;P) starving horses, dog fights, abandoned rabbits, cats, and dogs on that show, even a dog shot with a gun, then had a brick smashed into his head to finish him off(He was already dead when the Animal Cops got there.) and watch with full eyes, but when they take it to the vet and I see a little goo in the eyes, I have to turn my head.;P
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

On a more positive note...

This kitten is just too cute to be true! D: