Off-Topic Topic

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Re: Off-Topic Topic

Post by NatureHeart »

Kenya wrote:Kind of excited to see if anyone will be trying out to become a mod. =P
Kenya,

I wanted to but then I knew I would fail the trial, but I thought again, but realized I was probably too childish, but then, I almost did! But I changed my mind. really want to be a mod but I just couldn't! I would probably not do my job right, then I would be humiliated to have it revoked from me. I eventually just told myself not to think about it anymore, but now I'm thinking about it again. I really don't know what to do. Should I sign up for mod? But if I do, I would never get accepted. I know other players would do a better job than me, but when someone else gets it I will feel bad I didn't try out. But if I tried out and failed anyway I would feel really sad about it. But now that I think about it I probably wouldn't feel sad at all! I think I will make a form! Or not, I don't know. You know what! I will! ... not... I just can't decide! Anyone think I should and why, or shouldn't and why? This was very long, but I'm getting off topic now. Wait, this is the off-topic discussion right? So it's okay for me to get off topic! But that is childish so I won't anymore. Childish will not make you a mod. :P The should and should not form is down below. I would like at least 3 people to fill it out because it's 2 against 1 or everyone on one side!

NOTE: I was trying to be a little silly in this post! =P

Code: Select all

Should I?:
Why?:
EDIT: I decided I shall try out!
Last edited by NatureHeart on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

I might... but I dont know... Im not sure if I would be suitable. It would be great to try to help out around the fourms more if I were a mod. But im not sure if I got the right stuff for it...

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

Don't put yourselves down, or think you're not fit. You just might be. It's worth a try, right? And even if you aren't fit for it, well, worst thing that will happen is just that you won't get the position. No harm done. No one is going to laugh at you, or berate you. You shouldn't feel humiliated, you're surrounded by friends - and even if by strangers, they're people you haven't met and probably will never meet.

Just don't fill out the form the way they want to hear it - no one's perfect, mind you. And if it's a first time trying out for moderator, no harm there either - we all have to start somewhere. Just realize that no one intends to offend you if you're turned down. Accept it, learn from it, move on.

Don't be pessimistic, and definitely don't assume pessimism. Besides, you certainly don't lose anything from trying, and it could always turn into an excellent experience, no matter which way it goes.

So... If even a little bit of you wants to do it, then just do it.
Last edited by Quagga on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artwork: Tumblr
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Thanks, that's very reassuring. :) You made me feel better with just those simple words.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

Just don't let the opportunities slip away, even if it's over something silly. There's lots of room for regret, and that's never fun... And, well. If anyone gives you an awful time because of something you did, they're probably really not worth the worry and fuss in the first place.

Just stay optimistic, and don't be afraid to try things. Please. ;p
Artwork: Tumblr
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Quagga pretty much said what I was going to say, haha.
You just never know if you don't try. ;) I can't say when we'll open up mod apps again...could be weeks, months, years even, so when opportunity knocks you may as well answer and give it a shot.
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Post by Scarikas »

Well, I guess I could try.. but I'm not all that active, I do do a good job at checking the city hall when I'm sheriff though, so might as well give it a post.
I AM A BANANA.
OFFICIAL FURSONA HERE (I'm finally going to stop changing it)
Click in your free time if you will! ^^
ImageImage
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

I was gone from 4:30 AM yesterday until 8:15 PM. I was whale watching in The San Juan Islands in puget sound.

It was exciting. I saw A threatened species of sea lion. A threatened species is a speacies the is threatened enough to be considered to be added to the endangered species list. The Steller Sea lions is what we saw. It is on the verge of becoming endangered and therefor is also on the verge of becoming extinct. Then we came across A bait ball.
Fact: A bait ball is a larg swarm of plankton eating fish such as sardines packed into a ball. With this many fish it triggers a feeding frenzy. Sharks,Dolphins,seaguls,diving birds,whales,sea lions, and seals,and tuna that most often to not feed together often target the swarm forcing them into a tighter and tighter ball.

On this trip from our boat we cold see hords of seaguls and diveing birds. As well as two minke whales,(The smallest ballen whales.) and a lot of seals tagerting and feasting on this bait ball. I did not expect the whales to be as fast as they were. When they surfaced they were only there for 3 seconds or less. One surfaced in front I go to take a picture and missed it. Then it surfaced again on the boats left side. That time close enough t see al the scars on the head from things like territorial dusputes. Then I go to take a picture and its gone. The it surfaced again from the spot I had just left. I was watching then for an hour an half in a boat full of over 30 people. Of those 30 people in that hour and a half almost no one was able to get a good photo. I managed to get 3 good photos in that hour and a half. Ill share soem photos now!.

The Minke Whale

the Threatened species. The Steller Sea Lion.

Some of the seabirds partaking in this Giant Feast.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

Neat. I'd love to whale watch one day.
I'm sorry I'm not in much anymore. I've been so busy that I haven't really had time to check WEO. I do promise that I will be active as possible. I am open for PM's if you want to chat or have a question! I don't bite (:

~ Jez ❤
animalguy888
Adult Gecko

Post by animalguy888 »

Jezibel wrote:Neat. I'd love to whale watch one day.
Youll have to try for it. it's very exciting. I have wanted to go on this trip for many years now. And yesterday I finnaly got my wish! :D

Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

It seems interesting. Maybe when I'm older, I'll try to whale watch.
I'm sorry I'm not in much anymore. I've been so busy that I haven't really had time to check WEO. I do promise that I will be active as possible. I am open for PM's if you want to chat or have a question! I don't bite (:

~ Jez ❤
animalguy888
Adult Gecko

Post by animalguy888 »

Jezibel wrote: It seems interesting. Maybe when I'm older, I'll try to whale watch.
You do not have to be an adult or even a certian age to go. Not Only were there teenagers such as myself. But there were also kids thats seemed to be aged 4-7. As well as todlers and babies. The only thing is that it takes quite a bit of money out of your families wallet.

Jezibel
Baby Mouse

Post by Jezibel »

That's the thing. My family doesn't really have much money for us to even go on vacation without worrying about loosing ours house, and cars. I don't even have an iPod touch yet :/

~ Jez ❤
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

animalguy888 wrote:I was gone from 4:30 AM yesterday until 8:15 PM. I was whale watching in The San Juan Islands in puget sound.

I’ve always wanted to go whale-watching... As I’ve always loved the ocean and almost every creature in it... (Especially dolphins, whales, seals, hammerhead sharks, and penguins.)

Now I know what to ask my parents for my birthday next year! :D
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

When I went to Alaska, I saw a humpback whale breach right in front of us. It was amazing, since our guide said it's extremely rare for them to breach that far north. I'll see if I can dig up the picture, since my family was the only one to be able to get a picture since everyone else was in shock and awe.
It was truly a remarkable moment seeing it come fully out of the water. Those things are huge!
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.