Off-Topic Topic

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Lady
Adult Hawk

Re: Off-Topic Topic

Post by Lady »

Foxesrule wrote:I want to watch MLP: FiM...

But...

I'll be teased if I do. ;_;
Do it. Just.. do it. Mlp is awesome.. just simply amazing. Words cannot describe the amazing. And since I attempted to use words to describe it, my fate is uncertain.
At this very same spot on April 23rd, 1898, absolutely nothing happened.-Sign at a gas station.
Is Blade (ID: 44687) Ingame.
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

No one has to know you watched it. ;)

There's always going to be people who disapprove of things you do. Just don't let that fear control you...
or you'll miss out on a lot of opportunities in life because of it, and regret it terribly.

Of course, this is a minor thing, and if people throw issues out over it, then they're acting ridiculously
in the first place, and aren't worth the worry anyways. xD
Artwork: Tumblr
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Hey Quagga, that one person I look up to because thee is amazing. I either forgot where you went all this time or something else happened, I have no idea. I'm forgetful, can you tell? Have you worked on anything lately? I want to see your artwork, everything you've done while you've been gone. All of it.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

I'm flattered. .__.
The super quick look-through I did of the forums, I didn't see you around. Was sad for a moment that you might have left. D; Glad to see you're around yet. :3

I just... kinda sorta maybe... disappeared for a while. No fancy excuses, just... I suppose I lost a bit of interest in repeatedly visiting WEO, is all. I wasn't always a terribly "loud" person anyways, wouldn't see me EVERYWHERE. ;p But recently I've been curious over how everyone's been, what all's new, and whatnot. ^_^
And no worries, I've a terribad memory, myself. :p

I HAVE been out to improve my drawing... :D I'd love to direct you to my tumblr, but I've only JUST started... And I'm frightened of throwing out too many drawings at a time... Gotta try to space 'em out instead of drown everyone in posts and alerts, y'no? lol...
(1), (2), (3)

How are you, Alex? :3
What I miss ._.
Who all is still around :o /lazy to check
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

You shall be flattered; it's not like you aren't an amazing person or anything. Of course you are!
I left? Well I have been rather quiet on the forums I guess. I usually relate that to the lack of finding whoever is jumping on my internet connection's chords because that's exactly what it feels like. I'm typing this right now, took a few times for this page to load correctly, and yeah, my internet is still going in and out randomly.
Glad to see me? Well I guess that's just natural, I mean, I am rather handsome, if I say so myself. Ego-self aside, I guess I should be flattered as well. You disappeared and then I was sad. I was very sad. I felt like the one person I looked up to just kinda left and then no way to talk and then sadness. I think everyone's been fine to be honest, you know the forums always has something eventually, but right now everything seems to be settled and calm.
I think that at some point more and more people would love for you to keep updating your posts on how your artwork is doing and everything. I personally would love that, if you don't mind I'd like to add you on my tumblr. I don't really know Tumblr all that well, it's kind of a new thing for me, but I know the basics, I guess.
I've always had the desire to see your artwork, if that's not too weird to say. I love pixelated artwork, such like that, and I kind of want to get into that too.

I'm doing just fine, I've found ways to keep myself occupied while my internet most of the time goes in and out. When it's not, I try to do internet-like things, but never too much.
I don't know if you really missed anything, but if you remember some names I can tell you who's here or not, or if I know them that have already moved on outside the forums.

Another update: I'm getting an Alienware M14x hopefully on the 24th. When this starts, I shall have my full-on obsession over Guild Wars 2, hopefully. I did pre-purchase it, so I get a 3 day headstart, which starts the day after I get my laptop. Woo hoo!
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

My internet used to have awful problems similar to what you're describing. The little lights on the router (or I think it's that...) would go out, I'd lose connection, and it could range from minutes to hours before it would be on again. Then sometimes it would go out straight after again, or it'd be fine for a few hours. Drove me insane... My dad insisted it wasn't a problem relative to our house - and, he was right. We called whomever it was we had to call, they checked the wires outside and whatnot, and after that we haven't had a problem since.
So, it might be issues with the wires?

I'm sorry about disappearing, then. .-. I'm still struggling with esteem issues a bit, so it's a bit hard for me to realize that people really do miss me and... whatnot... I didn't know anyone actually looked up to me. ;-;

Tumblr
I'm planning for my Tumblr to be artwork oriented, so if you want to see the latest pictures I've drawn and all, it's best to look there. (Except, as mentioned before, there's not going to be much right away.) And it's hard to avoid random peoples showing up when anyone gets around to reblogging things, but I don't mind them, so I certainly don't mind you adding me. ;p It's rather new to me, as well, though. Afraid I can't help you there. x__x

I LOVE doing pixel art in detail. Not simple little cartoons and sprites and whatnot, but more realistic, detailed pieces. But that's painful work at times... Still, the outcome is generally satisfying and ends up with me being so bubbly-giggly- proud over them. Hehee...

Glad to hear life's overall good. ^_^ You do art yourself, don't you? I remember you drew a cute little cat or so the one time... YOU need to do more. :D When you've the time, of course...

I don't really remember names... That's MY great memory. :p I guess I'll learn who all's still around after a few days, anyways.

Hehe, Guild Wars... Are they that good? I'm not terribly familiar with any of the Guild Wars... ._.
Did you happen to join the many others who obsessed over Skyrim, at all?

LET'S SEE... Any MORE topics that could be thrown in...
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Really? Well I'm guessing it's because of this new verizon internet stuff they're putting in too. They were supposed to do it two years ago and now it seems like everyone's connections are messing up unless you use satellite I guess.
Haha, sure I did, it's kind of weird to say, but yeah, it's always been fun to talk to you and such. Them old memories and everything.
I just followed ye, so now I can stalk you, I mean have a look at your artwork. And yes, I love how you make the pixel art in detail like that, it looks pretty realistic if you ask me, and it looks like you definitely have the talent to do it.
I need to do more.. I guess I should. I don't really know what to make, though. Usually when I start I'm like "Lol how am I gonna do this" and then push it for later. Maybe I could try my own ways of pixel art for once, just to see how it'll go. Anyway, I seem to have more of a talent for I guess landscapes and such. Maybe that's a start?
Yeah it's kind of hard to really remember who's been sticking around since then.

I don’t know much about Guild Wars, to be honest my friend told me about Guild Wars 2. I looked it up, fell in love with it, pre-purchased the game, logged in when the closed beta test came up, was able to create a few characters, tried to get into the game, crashed about 40 timess. I went to support and luckily with their amazing patience they told me my video card is basically pretty outdated. This is one of many reasons why I’m getting a new laptop, by the way. In my mind, this game will be undoubtedly fun for me. Each class is loose on what weapons you can use, which is different for many games out there. There is no healer but if I remember correctly there is a heal for yourself that you can use, I don’t know how that comes to play, so I hope it isn’t stupid.

I never obsessed over Skyrim, to be honest it didn't seem too much of my style for me. I kind of wanted to like it, but I don't know, it's not my kind of game I guess. It didn't put the "Wow" factor into me, so I just left it alone for others to obsess over. I think the 2 games that actually put a "Wow" factor into me would be Blade & Soul and Guild Wars 2.
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

Well then, maybe it is just Verizon itself. Unlucky. D:

Well it's always fun to talk to you, too. ^_^ And all them debates and whatnot... golly. xD

Stalking, looking, same thing. :p I'm currently trying to improve my skills with the brush and ink tools, so pixels might not show up for a bit yet. I mean, I seem to be doing alright with pixels at least - maybe nothing pro, but well enough. So, I'd better move on to improving another area, is all...

Motivation is a big problem. :l Part is, you just have to get around to accepting that you're only going to improve through practicing, even if it turns out awful. And if you don't practice, then you're not going to get anywhere. It's still torturous for a perfectionist, though. ;-;

Landscapes sounds like a really good start. I'd love to learn how to do landscapes, that's something I'm not so good at. :p I wanna see your drawings then, too! :D

So Guild Wars is an MMORPG sort of thing? Akin to how WoW is, maybe? It does sound like it could be nicer compared to other games, yeah... Does anyone ever even play healing classes? lol
And it's awesome when game-peoples (companies? creators? etc.) take the time to help instead of being so oriented towards money-making that they don't care about the problems that arise.

Skyrim was probably hyped because so many people loved the Elder Scrolls, and it was thought that they were basically just giving the series a makeover with better graphics and all. After a bit of research I came across a few people saying how it has the better graphics, true, but it lacks variety in quests. That ultimately... All you ever do is fight, and you only ever fight the same few things over and over again. So, even with the makeover, a lot of people still hold Morrowind and whatnot higher because of what it has to offer.

I think Blade of Soul was one game I was looking into, before... And then I forgot all about it. ._. THANKS, reminded me!
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

While sort of on the subject of pixel art...

Is there any guide for beginners....To do pixel art? -Wants to try it out.-
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

I'll fix up something when I have the thoughts to. I think I might make my Pokemon team thing, which I'm creating for the RP as of now. I've got a Shroomish and Aron, maybe I can do pixel art with that somehow. Motivation is always a big problem for me unless I really want to do something. Maybe I could do Shroomish and Aron in some sort of area, maybe the starting area, I think it's Berry Forest or something.

I'd like to not state my opinion about WoW, but yeah, it is an MMORPG of sorts, definitely. It's basically a one-time buy only, there's no pay every month for it, which I like a lot. I love their races too, each one is highly unique compared to the other. I feel like if I talk anymore about it, it may end up a very, very long post. I guess I could give you a video to see what it's pretty much like.
Here's a human cinematic; this shows up after you do your character creation, right after this, the questions you answer come into play for your character and then at the very end you have your character saying "This is my story". ALSO if you take notice the artwork is very unique in my opinion, i love it. (Warning: I'd like it to be known that in the very beginning it says rated T for teen and that what it says there is for the game in general, not the video. The video is perfectly fine, I watched through it twice to make sure. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2U7uCBpX0s )

Blade & Soul is still in my thoughts for whenever it wants to come out to the US. I want it to take its time anyway, though, the longer it takes, hopefully the better it'll get. It's already amazing enough, I can't wait to see more, sadly they don't show much. Darn you game!!
Foxesrule
Cardinal Chick

Post by Foxesrule »

Now that everyone has encouraged me to watch MLP: FiM.

This was my brothers reaction:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: -Rolls on floor laughing head off.And shouts it to my Dad, who laughs aswell.-
Your neighbourhood moderator.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. c:
what am i doing with my life..?
Lady
Adult Hawk

Post by Lady »

^From the MAD skit Thunder lolcats. It doesn't haz all the frames from that scene though.
At this very same spot on April 23rd, 1898, absolutely nothing happened.-Sign at a gas station.
Is Blade (ID: 44687) Ingame.
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

@Foxesrule;
You might be able to find a bunch of pixel art tutorials here or here. Just give it lots of patience, practice, and use references as necessary - although give credit where it's due when using references.

And, you know what? So many men watch MLP too. Someone once explained that it's a change from their normal old dark life, that it's nice to wind down with it and enjoy something innocent, simple, happy... And maybe those you're associated with will eventually get curious and watch it, themselves. And maybe they'll like it. Don't let it bug you, anyways. Don't give anyone the satisfaction of showing you're bothered by their laughing at you, etc. Just do what you like; enjoy life and have fun. (Within reason, of course...) Because worrying over things screws up life too much, and isn't worth it one bit.

@Alex;
Do it! Try it! :D
Try thinking of the finished picture and turn that into a motivation. Like, "Wow, I finally have a finished piece!" and it can be just the start of completed pieces. :)

Ah alright, so it's not quite like WoW then. I was mainly only relating the two based off payment and all that, but. lol I don't know much about either... Heh, agreed, the artwork appears quite different. And that cinematic would certainly motivate me a lot. xD Sounds pretty interesting. Might look into it a bit, as well.
Hopefully Blade and Soul isn't hyped up into something it's not, though. It happens, but it's disappointing. :/
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Ah, the payment. WoW is more of pay monthly, GW2 is pay once and you're good. A lot of people are saying that GW2 is a WoW killer, but I don't think anyone from WoW would hover over to GW2, or at least not most of them (now that I think about it, I've hovered over the forums when opened and I see a lot of "I just ended my subscription with WoW/Tera!" topics). Whenever I see a GW2 video I see a lot of hate from WoW players. I love the artwork and how they can animate it, like the birds in the distance and just moving the artwork in general, it's a nice touch for me.
My friend got that Blade & Soul private server thing, I forgot what it's called, but it's basically people whom can't wait just go there to get the feel of B&S. He had a stream up so I could watch, and, it's truly amazing for me, especially since he has this awesome computer that allows him to get the high graphics and everything. You can tell that they put a lot on the character and the scenery of everything. The attacks are complex but in a good way. I think I would love that game so much, the one thing that gets me though is the Summoners have walking cats... XD I mean I guess that's unique compared to the other games where Summoners have a variety or something, but.. it's kind of weird in my mind. I wonder how it'll work out, I hope it's good because I love summoners.
To be honest I was kind of hoping it would be like the summoner class in Aion. It had a summon for tanking (rock), speed (wind), fire (attack), and water (ranged attack).
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

People love to complain. :p It's like calling Terraria a Minecraft-wannabe. Silly people...
Plus, well, you can build up a lot of bias over one game when you play it long enough. To the point where you can end up pretty defensive over it when other games show up, and all... Just because you enjoy it that much. *shrug*

Hehe, the funny thing about big-graphics games is sometimes looking at the grass and watching it follow you. Because it's not 3D, it's just 2D, same side facing you... You know? Cheap way to get out of it, but I guess it works when people are usually focused on other things.

Kay I gotta look up videos now, you're just building my curiosity. .__.

I used to play Perfect World, and I was a Venomancer. They're basically ranged magic-oriented and good for buffs. They're also the only ones that can tame creatures... And pets are an absolute plus. I remember sparring with a friend a few times, giggling at the pet advantage I had. All I had to do was stay out of his range while I had my ranged attacks and a pet to command... Hehee, so fun, but so unfair. xD