Off-Topic Topic

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Re: Off-Topic Topic

Post by hoopyscoop »

Foxesrule wrote:I had a go at creating a Fursona. It's rubbish-Mainly because 1. It was on paint. 2. I'm bad at drawing at 3. It didn't take very long-AT ALL. (APart from the colouring.)

What do you think? (The photo I tried to copy is just to show you what it's meant to look like. It's a beagle, by the way.) Oh yeah, it's really really bad.
fursona first try..jpg
Thats adorable! :D

I think you did a good job,
I’ll try making a fursona, its just I’m terrible at drawing on the computer so... I’ll need paper and a pencil, xD
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Post by SilentEcho »

I don't draw my fursona very much, but she's still here.

I downloaded bighorn rams on zt2 and i got really excited and made Bee and Aries (my two characters, Bee is a wolf and Aries is a ram), I was really happy and stuff, but then Bee ended up eating Aries :c
If you don't know who I am by now, I'm just some girl who changes obsessions all the time.
Current Obsessions: Pokemon, TWD, Glee and The legend of Korra

NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

I won't be able to find my Fursona on zt2. O_O She is a peacock-barn owl xP
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

I listened to this song, and it brought back memories.
And then I started crying for the Skull Kid. :C
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPq9K7M0-XE

Pretty amazing to see what fans can do with just a lil tune.
http://tea-shell.deviantart.com/

InGame name: Esari or Starwolf
I respond to StarWolf/Star or Teashell/Tea
SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Post by SilentEcho »

Camembert cheese is amazing
If you don't know who I am by now, I'm just some girl who changes obsessions all the time.

NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

StarWolf wrote:I listened to this song, and it brought back memories.
And then I started crying for the Skull Kid. :C
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPq9K7M0-XE

Pretty amazing to see what fans can do with just a lil tune.
I know! The Zelda series is so emotional!
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

Awesome video i found of a rare event.

It occured four days ago. I wanted to see it. I did not get a chance to though. Its the transit of venus. A rare alighnment when venus passes in front of the sun. You can see both venus and part of its atmosphere with the naked eye during this rare event. Its a very rare sight. In fact a transit of venus is one of the reasons we know the scale of the solar system. However when it occurs it does so in pairs 8 years a part. After both those events have taken place it will not be seen again until a century later. the second of this century's pair ocuured june 5th 2012. It shall not be seen again until the year 2117. I suspect that we will all be dead by then. Now that its June 9th it can only be seen through photos and youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=&v=4Z9rM8ChTjY

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

All it shows is a black dot passing over fake suns. I was hoping for real pictures and videos! Thumbs down from me.
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

NatureHeart wrote:All it shows is a black dot passing over fake suns. I was hoping for real pictures and videos! Thumbs down from me.
not really some of those may be real. Either way the only way to view it with it blinding yourself is to use eclipse closes are find a way to project it.

Six Ways to See the Transit of Venus

See Viewing the Transit & Eye Safety by B. Ralph Chou, MSc, OD, for definitive advice on viewing the sun safely. Below are six suggestions for observing the sun and the transit of Venus. Or watch the best video on the subject: http://youtu.be/4RGr9FcBrSM.

1 As suggested in the safety guidelines above, the use of eclipse shades or of #14 shade welding glass will permit a large number of people who do not have specialized equipment to observe this event. However, as the planet approaches the limb of the sun, subtleties like the "black drop" effect will not be discernible. At one minute of arc in size, Venus is near the visual limit of most people's eyes. It's tiny compared to the sun, which is about 32 arcminutes in diameter.
YES!

Eclipse Shades or Solar Shades appear similar to sunglasses, but they have a special filter that permits safe viewing if the filter is in new condition. Eclipse/solar shades are available through Rainbow Symphony and other retailers listed at http://www.mreclipse.com/Totality/TotalityApC.html under "Solar Filters." Before looking at the sun, inspect the material to make sure the lenses are not scratched or compromised in any way. If so, discard the shades.

NO!
Do not be lulled into thinking that you can look safely at the sun while wearing sunglasses, for sunglasses do not protect your eyes sufficiently. So don't try it!

Do not try to view the sun directly with the naked eye or through any questionable medium. These children, depicted on the April 28, 1883, cover of Harper's Weekly, are at risk of serious eye injury. They are using smoked glass, which is not sufficient.

2 Pinhole projectors are a safe, indirect viewing technique for observing an image of the sun. While popular for viewing solar eclipses, pinhole projectors suffer from the same shortcomings as unmagnified views when Venus approaches the edges of the sun. Small features like the 'black drop' effect will not be discernible.
Dr. Hugh Hunt demonstrates a successful pinhole projection (right) of the 2004 transit of Venus at http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~hemh/transit.htm. Additional instructions for pinhole projectors are at http://www.exploratorium.edu/eclipse/how.html; from the Exploratorium.

3 You may project a magnified view of the sun through a reflector telescope or binoculars onto a white surface, which conveniently allows a larger number of people to watch concurrently. See http://casa.colorado.edu/~dduncan/wp/?page_id=261 for video instructions for projecting the sun, by Dr. Doug Duncan.

The projection technique sometimes has its own limitations. Because magnified projections usually have an exposed focal point beyond the eyepiece, a bystander can inadvertently put her eye or body in the sight line of the sun. Hence, a projecting telescope must not be left unattended. (See Unattended Equipment Hazards, left column.) Large reflector telescopes can generate too much heat by concentrating a lot of the sun's energy on the secondary mirror and eyepiece, so the incoming light must be attenuated first. "Stop down" the aperture. Likewise, SCT or Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes can experience too much heat build-up as the light bounces internally.

Hubert van Hecke provides the design and instructions for making his sunspotter. Additional pages at his Ask Mr. Science web page indicate how to take sunspot data and analyze them.

The Exploratorium demonstrates how to view a planet in transit safely by projecting the image of the sun with binoculars. Important: Do not look at the sun through binoculars without solar filters on the large ends of both the barrels. Do not leave this rig unattended.

4 A method for allowing a large crowd to witness the transit of Venus concurrently is to project a magnified image through a closed-loop device.

A popular projection device used during the 2004 transit of Venus was the now-improved Sun Funnel. Made from simple materials (a plastic funnel, a clamp, an eyepiece, and some projection fabric), the device fits in your telescope like an eyepiece with an appendage. A clear image of Venus transiting the sun appears on the screen. Because the entire light path is enclosed, observers are not at risk. A larger version of the screen uses a bucket to yield a larger image. Download simple instructions and supplies list written by AAS Press Officer Richard Tresch Fienberg.
this one was taking by a nasa sattilite.
NASA's SDO Satellite Captures 2012 Venus Transit

NASA image captured June 5, 2012.

On June 5-6 2012, SDO is collecting images of one of the rarest predictable solar events: the transit of Venus across the face of the sun. This event happens in pairs eight years apart that are separated from each other by 105 or 121 years. The last transit was in 2004 and the next will not happen until 2117
images2222.jpg
images2222.jpg (4.03 KiB) Viewed 5751 times

If I recall this is included in the video. The images shown in the video most likely are satilate imaging. It also seems to be from NASA.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Post by SilentEcho »

At my school they had this thing when everybody would go and watch it, but I was home sick that day.

Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

I'm back from Italy. It was--somewhat disappointing. The roads and the traffic were just chaotic but in the end I am grateful for the wonderful experience. :mrgreen: 3/4 of the vacation was just waiting and getting lost however.
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
ImageImage-Kill the disgrace!
Image-Destwoy!
NatureHeart
Cardinal Chick

Post by NatureHeart »

Aw! Sorry! At least I hope the food and sightings were good! :)
Cheer up!
Be silly!
♥ And fly! ♥
hoopyscoop
Adult Gecko

Post by hoopyscoop »

Døøm Dragøn wrote:I'm back from Italy. It was--somewhat disappointing. The roads and the traffic were just chaotic but in the end I am grateful for the wonderful experience. :mrgreen: 3/4 of the vacation was just waiting and getting lost however.
Welcome back! Italy sounds like a fun place to visit. Sorry about those disappointing parts though...
EDIT: Ugh.. My computer charger is broken. D: I can see all the wires and stuff inside.. Mac chargers are too soft -_-
Icon = Fluttershy = not mine.
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

http://i46.tinypic.com/34xqm87.png

Deathnote comics are so much fun to read...
Lol @ Light's outfit.
http://tea-shell.deviantart.com/

InGame name: Esari or Starwolf
I respond to StarWolf/Star or Teashell/Tea
Zelda0909
Adult Gecko

Post by Zelda0909 »