Off-Topic Topic

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Re: Off-Topic Topic

Post by animalguy888 »

DarkReality wrote:Eventually the sun might explode and turn into a black hole and swallow us all up. And Bob knows hows long, but eventually the black holes will eat up the whole universe. Watched it in an astronomy program today.
Anyone read Sherlock Holmes or watch the movies?

Incorect... The sun is not large enough to turn into a black hole. The stars that explode a millions of times bigger than out sun. On top of that is possible for it to turn into a nutron star. The difference between low mass stars,mediem mass stars like our sun nad high mass stars are here

The sun is a yellow medim mass star like in the picture. High mass stars are often blue and much much bigger. Only the blue ones in the photo will go supernova and have the option of becoming a black hole or a neutron star.

The sun will go through a different process when it dies.

It will turn into a red giant and expand beyond earths orbit.
As desplayed here

Earth will be ingulfed in a fiery inferno. If we do manage to survive that which is not likely,we will have to endure the white dwarf phase. were the sun shrinks to about the size of the earth.

If we do manage to step out of the inferno we enter the deep freeze. Were the current habbitable zone is not were we currently are and the earth will become a giant iceball drifting around a tiny sun.

Edit: I have been absent for a day. horrible weather and power outage.

Icestorm!

It started as a late winter snow. It's the first snow of the season and also the worst! Then it rained! It was so cold that the rain could not melt the snow! Instead in turned to ice when it came in contact with a solid object like grass,bushes,tree,and even cars and houses. The ice turned into a layer of ice over an inch thick. It was so much ice that the trees could not take it! trees snaped in half every five minutes. I have pictures! Ill upload one later. My mom favorite tree was so full of ice it broke. A giant ceder was about ready to come down on top of my neigbors dog! If it was not for my mom noticing this tree yesterday im not sure what would have happened to the dog. Then a crash of a tree and the power was out. There was reports of a city wide black out! They adviced people to stay indoors or risk hypothermia and freezing to death. we watched and listened from our houses as the repairmen braved the weather trying get the power back on. A flash of light,a zap,a boom the lights were on for 5 second and then were off. The transfomer they put in exploded! this happend 4 or 5 times that day gong through transformers. Until finally at 8 or 9 pm last night the powere came on and this time stayed on. What an experience yesterday was...

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Ack, my pack on WolfQuest needs some roleplay plots. x3
Anyone have some interesting suggestions? I'd like them to be somewhat realistic if you can, but really anything will do.
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Kenya wrote:Ack, my pack on WolfQuest needs some roleplay plots. x3
Anyone have some interesting suggestions? I'd like them to be somewhat realistic if you can, but really anything will do.
What have they usually been like? I may get some ideas that way.
Got #1 high score for goats! Woohoo!
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Just the usual; natural disasters, fires, droughts, etc. We recently had an earthquake plot which everyone enjoyed but the RP's getting a bit boring lately. We added in an NPC character that caused chaos a while ago, though we don't normally have plots or anything. x3

LunaWolf
Adult Gecko

Post by LunaWolf »

Disease maybe? Like a fictional rabies... Brief periods of aggression that the affected does not remember. O:
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE! xD
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Haha, YES. xD
Disease is a good one, and surprisingly enough we already had the apocalypse down on the list. xD

Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

Is this in-game or are the staff on WQ Forums finally allowing roleplay there? o_o
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Ayashe wrote:Is this in-game or are the staff on WQ Forums finally allowing roleplay there? o_o
No, this is for my pack. x3 We have our own website which we use to roleplay.

animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

Want to see a broken tree and ice thicker than it branches?

that was on thursday by now the tree is ruined.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

SilentEcho
Hawk Chick

Post by SilentEcho »

Woah, that looks really cool.
If you don't know who I am by now, I'm just some girl who changes obsessions all the time.
Current Obsessions: Pokemon, TWD, Glee and The legend of Korra

animalguy888
Adult Gecko

Post by animalguy888 »

SilentEcho wrote:Woah, that looks really cool.

It looks cool indeed. Though it is far from it. Half the city still has no power other citys as well. Trees have fallen on top of schools,roads,and houses. At my old elmentry school one of my favorite trees has fallen on top of part of the building and crushed it. The trees on the by my street are nothing but a pile of sticks.
It was caused by a combination of snow,ice,and water.

you probbaly do not understand the EMERGENCY here. Watch this video I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTHV16ZSN24

This is really a state of emergency.

Im one of the lucky ones as power was restored to my neighborhood but most of the city and the area around it is not that lucky.
Last edited by animalguy888 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LunaWolf
Adult Gecko

Post by LunaWolf »

We had an ice storm like that a couple years back, power was out for 3 weeks. We were the last ones to get power back on. -_- I had to lug my bearded dragon around under my hoodie 24/7 so he didn't freeze to death. Everything was all sparkly outside. o:
Jade
Baby Gecko

Post by Jade »

Seems like trees are getting weaker and falling, that or it's the bad weather; I've seen a lot of big trees broken down.
Alexander
Adult Rabbit

Post by Alexander »

Finally done with exams! Now time to max relax this weekend d: Haha. I have created a new WEO FanClub for you guys, so feel free to join in and help keep it active with me and stuff. (Link is in my Signature, by the way)