Dæmons

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Quagga
Baby Gecko

Dæmons

Post by Quagga »

What is a dæmon? Well let me start out by assuring you it has nothing to do with 'demons' and their curved horns, red eyes, and skewers. The dæmon, though pronounced the same way, is something much different. Plainly put, your dæmon is you.

Let me assure the skeptic straight away that knowing your dæmon doesn't require a 'belief' in anything, per se. The dæmon is an aspect of you, and you exist. ... They are not an outside force within you, but an essential part of your personhood. There is nothing "other worldly" about these dæmons.

-Dæmon Page - Introduction
(Clicking the link will take you to the page where I got the quotes from, and provide you with greater, general information about dæmons.)

--

This topic exists primarily to discuss dæmons. I myself cannot answer questions, as I've only been introduced to the world of dæmons today, and so have very little knowledge about them. As such, I will most likely be learning with you!

--

Dæmon Page Forum
A lot of helpful information can be found here. However, if you sign up, you have to post, as a guest, HERE to activate your account and post at all.
Last edited by Quagga on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artwork: Tumblr
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Re: Dæmons

Post by Quagga »

Reserved
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

Reserved
Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

Like the critters in The Golden Compass?...Will get to reading that page about them later.
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
ImageImage-Kill the disgrace!
Image-Destwoy!
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

Yep! That's probably going to be the most relatable movie/book. xD But I didn't read the book, and I'm not sure why but I didn't really pay attention to the movie much...

I'm still rather skeptical on it. It's pretty much just like having an imaginary friend. But...
Kenya
Global Moderator

Post by Kenya »

Hmm, I'll leave this topic open for now, but will be monitoring it closely considering it can turn into religious content (as seen on other forums).
I personally believe that the only thing that sparked all this talk of Daemons is from the golden compass movie. xD
WEO Moderator since August 31st, 2010

If you need assistance please PM me.
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

I personally don't see how religion would come in, here, unless it happens to conflict with a belief that I hadn't thought of. I'd also like to add that, I read a post where one person messed up their wording and made it sound as though their dæmon was some sort of "spiritual guide." Others were quick to post that dæmons are NOT such. Oh, and dæmons are NOT fursonas. xD

It might be possible. :O
I heard of dæmons in the chat box of a virtual pet site I go on. I kind of think it might've been started after one player asked another player to draw their dæmon. Then I suspect people questioned what a dæmon is, and... Voila! Or it could've been a conversation on the Golden Compass, and that might have occurred later. :P I wasn't there at the start of it.
€hrysalisΨolfHer☼
Baby Gecko

Post by €hrysalisΨolfHer☼ »

Quagga wrote:Oh, and dæmons are NOT fursonas. xD
Baha. XD I'm reading that page now. It's very interesting!
Game Name: Moonstar
I used to be: Fursiemoon

Magistream-ImageImageImageImage
DragCave-
Alias
Baby Mouse

Post by Alias »

Haha, it's good to know many other people know about Dæmons. I myself have one, his name is Torak. It's been nearly a year.
Image Image Image

"Parents spend the first part of our lives teaching us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up."
Game Name: Guardian
Mook
Adult Mouse
Location: Walking through a store randomly hitting people on the head with an empty plastic water bottle,fun!

Post by Mook »

Ooo, interesting :D I read about half of the whole intro before I had to stop. The font and colors started to make my head spin >.< I'll finish it in a min...
No Steps Backward.

Size 95 - 84857d