Game concept

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Game concept

Post by Ragdoll »

Now, this is sort of a spur of the moment idea, but I think I can take this far, as I know several good programmers and meshers -
A game, sort of like TEF, but with a bit more of an objective, regular deer, and lots of new concepts. This game would have almost the same setting as TEF, endless, and a forest (xDD) but I'm planning on implementing much more to do - Where as in TEF all you do is wander around, theres no chat(I actually like that idea xD), and cast magical spells of magicalness xD

Well, don't be mistaken, I don't want to copy TEF, so I'm still toying around with ideas - But the reason I'm posting this here is -
I need coders, meshers, concept artists, and I'll need some staff for a forum. Now, I want to keep this sort of under wraps until there is an actual GAME, just so people don't go "Oh, this game probably is never going to get finished", which, I'll admit, it may not in the end, so thats why I came here. I know all of you are dedicated to anything you set your mind to, so I wanted your guys' help on this. I need things to make it stand on its own, and not look like a TEF copy, maybe a backstory ect ect., anything you can come up with, I wanna hear your ideas. Now, like I said, THIS IS IN NO WAY OFFICIAL YET, it was a spur of the moment idea, but I am seriously thinking of following through with it. I am making an effort to learn to use blender, so I can help with meshes, but I simply have no idea about coding, so I will need a coder. However, before I start recruiting a team of coders and meshers, I need ideas xD

Now, you may ask "How did you come up with this idea? Bet you copied TEF" xDD
Well, that is partially true, HOWEVER, that is not really it. I am simply in love with deer, how delicate, yet might and magestic they are, I love it. I have actually toyed with this idea before I saw TEF, and TEF just pushed me forward to do something about it :3

I would also like some artists, just for forum decoration xD

So, thats it for now, please post ideas, and Kenya, if this is out of place here, lock it :3 Thanks!
Image Image
Image Image
Myann
Adult Bluebird

Re: Game concept

Post by Myann »

is this game 2d or 3d?

click please :3
Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

Its not a game yet, just an idea I'm thinking about, and it would be 3D.
Image Image
Image Image
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

Do you have anymore ideas on the game so far? Even if you aren't sure about some, it's good to get a list of the random things you even slightly like. *shrug*

Are you currently thinking about it being focused more on realism? Or will it be more unrealistic - whether it comes to armor, unnatural color, etc.? I personally would insist on first trying to make it realistic, as it seems like there are so few actually realistic games... though interest can be lost, eventually... like with WOLF and LION...

And, I think it's properly said... You were "inspired" by TEF. :P

I'd be happy to offer what artsy services I can, but I'm sure you're well aware of my tendency to never finish things and all... So if you'd rather I not help or anything, that's quite fine. ^-^ I only have very small experience in Blender, so I can't really help with meshing, I think... And I haven't a clue about coding and all that nonsense... Sorry. :c

I'll try to help with ideas for now, though? :O :D
Artwork: Tumblr
Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

That would be great Quagga.
And I'm thinking about yes, making it realistic - Well, semi, I will sort of do both and both. Like, maybe - Not for sure, I'll implement a chat system, and if I don't, I'll have a more understandable way of communicating through body language and sound. Umm, I am thinking of making it a sort of run around simulation, like WEO, except based strictly upon deer. Umm, like, in the early versions, probably only having a food and water bar with food and water laying around the game world. But as for the unrealistic part, I'm thinking of maybe - probably not as I, myself prefer realism, but maybe being able to aquire items for your deer to customize. In later versions, I would like to have males fight for rank through a sort of mini game like iPredator, there would be herds that would be made in game through game options, not on a forum just a group of people hanging out, and there would be a lead stag, and does. Maybe even mating and raising young, however if this was started,that would be far off I'm guessing.

Of course I would love hearing all of your ideas, so please, help :3
Image Image
Image Image
LunaWolf
Adult Gecko

Post by LunaWolf »

Just popping in here to mention, a project I'm working on involves 3d deer models, and I'd be happy to let you use them in your project if you'd like once they're finished. I can't say any more about my project, but I might also be able to help with animations or coding, depending on what language you're going to use. Do you have any idea what game engine you're going to use?

Oh, might be a good idea also to send an email to the TEF folks. It'd be baaad to get in legal trouble. I know you came up with the idea before you knew about TEF, but if there were too many similarities they might get mad anyway...
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

I wouldn't bother with the e-mail yet until there's a more... solid idea/etc. decided. Otherwise, what do you ask? "Hey, I'm considering making a deer game, but your game has deer too (although they have human-like faces), and I don't want there to be any trouble or anything, so would it be alright if I could make this game?"
Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

I don't think its necessary to E-mail them, I mean sure, their game has deer in it, but unless they have solid proof, they can't say I copied their game, and they won't find any, as I didn't xD
This will be more of a simulation than a run around and play :3

And that would be great, however, I have a certain way I would like them to look, but I will take a look at them, and thanks for the offer :3
Image Image
Image Image
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

Is there be a specific deer breed you have in mind, even? (Partially ignoring that you said there's a certain way you want them to look; no offense I hope? :P) Fallow deer, whitetail, axis deer, roe deer... Or your own made-up kind?
Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

I do quite like Roe deer, because they're so small, but I'm thinking about starting off with Whitetail, then as the game progresses, maybe introduce different biomes and deer breeds :3
Image Image
Image Image