Haven and Hearth

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Myann
Adult Bluebird

Haven and Hearth

Post by Myann »

Haven & Hearth is a MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game) set in a fictional world loosely inspired by Slavic and Germanic myth and legend. The game sets itself apart from other games in the genre in its aim to provide players with an interactive, affectable and mutable game world, which can be permanently and fundamentally changed and affected through actions undertaken by the players. Our fundamental goal with Haven & Hearth is to create a game in which player choices have permanent and/or lasting effects and, thus, providing said players with a meaningful and fun gaming experience.

Players start the game surrounded by a vast and somewhat unforgiving wilderness, with only the most basic tools of survival at their disposal. The use of fire is a thematic focal point of the game's mythos, and an early and important task will be the simple lighting of one. As the first hearth fires disperse the darkness of the surrounding wilderness, more pressing questions will present themselves to the players: Who are they? Where are they? And, most importantly, where are they going? From this point on, players will have to blaze trails of their own into the unknown, the wilderness and the future, and explore and affect the world of Haven & Hearth using only their own best judgment and a chipped stone axe. Trust us, the stone axe is the -Removed by Kenya-.

As players progress, they will be able to acquire new skills and abilities, allowing them to perform a variety of tasks—such as the claiming of land, the construction of buildings and the cultivation of crops—each step forward making the basic task of survival somewhat easier. Having progressed far enough, players will, in time, be able to organize themselves into societies, from simple tribes and villages, progressing through republics, nation states and, ultimately, empires.

At least, those are our lofty ambitions.

if you want to start a village/small group hearth secret is: My-ann
EDIT: heres the link http://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/
Last edited by Myann on Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

click please :3
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Re: Haven and Hearth

Post by Quagga »

I dislike it when I have a good character, then all of a sudden, they're gone for good because I didn't know about something. Realistic in that the less you know, the more dangerous it is, naturally, but... All that work, all that time, gone to waste! It would have been nice to get a single, one-time revival...

It said swimming was dangerous, but I didn't realize how dangerous it was. I lost my first good character this way, and proceeded to quit. Later, I tried playing it again, and I lost my second good character - who by now appeared to have bypassed the first - by trying to pick some fur from an Auroch. On my first try, they didn't attack me, so I thought it was safe. But on my second try, they attacked... I didn't stand a chance.

So, I quit. Rage quit, if you'd call it that. It's disappointing... but I suppose I can blame my own stupidity, or so.
Artwork: Tumblr
LunaWolf
Adult Gecko

Post by LunaWolf »

I used to play until the application stopped working. I might pick it up again some time, it was fun.
Myann
Adult Bluebird

Post by Myann »

i was able to get boat making so no need for swimming :3

Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

Oh yeah, this game again. I did rage quiet millions of times, but I kept coming back to it because it offered a challenged and a game like no other. A full blown sandbox game with good graphics they won't make my computer spazz out every few seconds. The reason I don't play it know is because I can't figure out to play it again. I used to open the game with java and now when I try to play it isn't open with any program. The file is just blank...I'm not a bigger enough computer nerd to find out whats wrong.
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
ImageImage-Kill the disgrace!
Image-Destwoy!
Myann
Adult Bluebird

Post by Myann »

hmm reinstall java? :?:

Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

Believe me, I have tried everything I could think of. I even asked my mega computer nerd of an Aunt and even she couldn't offer much help. Ahh, oh well. Perhaps I can turn the time I would be playing H&H into something productive...?
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
Image-Destwoy!
Myann
Adult Bluebird

Post by Myann »

screenshot what happens when you try to play :o :?:

Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

Agh, I can't even do that now! When I click the play button, nothing happens at all! I'm serious! :shock:
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
Image-Destwoy!
Myann
Adult Bluebird

Post by Myann »

what web browser you using?

Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

Fire Fox but I have played Haven & Hearth before on this computer. It just stopped I believe after the 4th world update.
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
Image-Destwoy!
Myann
Adult Bluebird

Post by Myann »

use a different web browser?,or go to wizard tower and download enders client 32x , then click run extract files then run again :mrgreen:

Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

Ooo, I have tried the client. I have extracted them but not sure what else to do... -.-
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
Image-Destwoy!
Myann
Adult Bluebird

Post by Myann »

go into the file then click run :3

Døøm Dragøn
Adult Fox

Post by Døøm Dragøn »

Omg! It works! Thank you so much! Be sure to see me at your little group. :mrgreen: *Squee* So HAPPY! I will be under the name Dragoness.

EDIT: I stole the chest from the starting area. Flippen smart!
EDIT 2: And filled it with sand!
EDIT 3: And my inventory!
My Minion Army!|
===========
Image-OBLIVERATE!
Image-Destwoy!