Aro'kai & FeralHeart

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

€hrysalisΨolfHer☼
Baby Gecko

Re: Aro'kai & FeralHeart

Post by €hrysalisΨolfHer☼ »

Quagga wrote:But if it were to a lizard with a single horn on its head, it would be absurd to call it a unicorn...
In an Asian culture, their 'Kirin' I THINK has the body of a scaled horse, and looks very much like a Chinese dragon with a horn. XD Not the same as what you described, but the closest I can think of. :p
Game Name: Moonstar
I used to be: Fursiemoon

Magistream-ImageImageImageImage
DragCave-
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

It still wouldn't be called a unicorn. :P Here you are, the Qilin/Kirin. I've seen several variations of it being a unicorn (horse-version) with scales, and others more deer-like with an antler-like horn... and still scales. But I don't think that's quite the proper, original appearance of how the Kirin looks... That it should be more lizard-like. Buuut... *shrug* I'm not as familiar with the Kirin.
Artwork: Tumblr
€hrysalisΨolfHer☼
Baby Gecko

Lawl they should have Kirins on Aro'kai. :3 I mean, three mythical creaturess would be awesome, and I think it would be better than just modern equids. :3

DragCave-
Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

Quagga wrote:There's no exact look for the fantasy creatures, but there is still a general appearance for them.

There truly is a general accepted idea of what some fantasy creatures look like - like the wyverns, with only their two legs and two wings; gryphon with a lion's body and eagle's head and wings; hippogriffs being part eagle, part horse... Naturally, exceptions exist, but there is usually a general appearance and "rule" in order for them to be that creature. A dragon can vary with scales and skin, perhaps even fur if the creator pleases; long heads and short heads, beaks and jaws, paws and claws, snake-like and lizard-like; but naturally, a horse is not a dragon. The dragon variations are all different, but are still notably dragons by their build.

Unicorns are horses with horns. The change to a deer or antelope with a single horn is reasonable; horses and deer have a general, similar build. But if it were to a lizard with a single horn on its head, it would be absurd to call it a unicorn...
I see where you're coming from, but just because it doesn't fit the image that's widely accepted doesn't make it right or wrong, if you get me. ^^ And (A bit off topic x_x) on Dragon Cave there's a horse-type dragon. Some Eastern dragons also have paws and noses like canines, and 'Wolf Dragons' are very popular.
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

You can call it a dragon, but that doesn't make it a dragon. Otherwise, we're free to call pegasi, phoenix (what IS the plural of phoenix?), even chickens "dragons" if we'd like, according to you, correct? The fantasy creatures aren't quite limited to a specific appearance, but there is still that build each one has... Originally, the correct pegasus was a single, white, winged, horse named Pegasus. If it doesn't have wings, how can it be a pegasus? ... can't these "wolf dragons" also just be "winged wolves?" The paws, fine; the nose, fine; but looking at some of these "wolf dragons," a lot appear to be more like wolves with just wings added to them, rather than some dragon-wolf hybrid... There's just a point where I see a difference... *shrug*
€hrysalisΨolfHer☼
Baby Gecko

Quagga wrote:Otherwise, we're free to call pegasi, phoenix (what IS the plural of phoenix?)
I think I've heard it before, but I forgot what the plural is. >> It sounded pretty strange.
even chickens "dragons"

Pfft I always thought basalisks were chicken dragons. XD But with basalisks, there are different takes on it. Harry Potter, for example, sees it as it appears: a giant snake. On a book I've read, the basalisks look like small dragons but are shapeshifters. And/or, they only hatched as basalisks if a chicken egg (I think) was sat by a toad (or frog). They had similar powers, but very different appearances, with the same name. However, I do see your point here; v
The fantasy creatures aren't quite limited to a specific appearance, but there is still that build each one has... Originally, the correct pegasus was a single, white, winged, horse named Pegasus. If it doesn't have wings, how can it be a pegasus?
... can't these "wolf dragons" also just be "winged wolves?" The paws, fine; the nose, fine; but looking at some of these "wolf dragons," a lot appear to be more like wolves with just wings added to them, rather than some dragon-wolf hybrid... There's just a point where I see a difference... *shrug*
Well now, as you pretty much said, there are the wolf dragons one creates, which DO look like wolf/dragon hybrids, and then there are just plain winged wolves (like my fursona. One of my OC has dragon/batlike wings, but she's not a hybrid; she's just winged)

DragCave-
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

BAH I'M CONFUSING MYSELF xD
I'll just go with the simple "I DUNNO" now 0:D
€hrysalisΨolfHer☼
Baby Gecko

I swear. The dog's pretty funny by itself, but with the caption it made me fall off my chair (almost) the first time I saw it. XD

HA! Quagga, if you ever do play, you should create a canine character that looks like the dog. :P

DragCave-
Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

Hng, I'm confused as well. x__x

Back to Aro'kai then. x3

They're talking about adding horses to the game but some are like "NO. NO DOMESTICATION IN AK." But they're happy to have dog breeds? x___x Dogs are domesticated animals...
€hrysalisΨolfHer☼
Baby Gecko

I think because the term Super uses is 'canine', not necessarily 'dog' but you can make them into dogs, floppy ears and all.

Soo... whut?

I wouldn't mind horses, but if Super were to make them Kirin or Pegasi or something, I would love the idea!

DragCave-
Ayashe
Adult Cardinal

Post by Ayashe »

€hrysalisΨolfHer☼ wrote:I think because the term Super uses is 'canine', not necessarily 'dog' but you can make them into dogs, floppy ears and all.

Soo... whut?

I wouldn't mind horses, but if Super were to make them Kirin or Pegasi or something, I would love the idea!
Oh, yeah. The species is still a canine, but she's made a Bull Terrier head and border collie markings.
€hrysalisΨolfHer☼
Baby Gecko

Yeah. I don't the community sometimes. >> If anything, one can argue that dogs are even more domesticated than horses!

Super's probably not going to add them, though. It was the winning choice of some poll I heard, but it was something like 'What animal would you LIKE to see' or something. I really have no clue. XD

But yeah, horses are kind of odd with the collection. Can't really explain it, but it's like: canines, felines, bears, gryphons, dragons, deer... horseslolwhut.

DragCave-
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

Equine! EQUINE! Equine = horse!
Canine... feline... musteline... ursine... lapine... rodent... bovine... Ah, the Furcadia days...

Could add... BUNNIEZ :3
€hrysalisΨolfHer☼
Baby Gecko

Or or or PLATYPODES :D

On Super's livestream I saw her modeling an anteater... I wonder if she's planning on adding them? A dolphin too though it didn't look too much like a dolphin, no offense to Feeshy.

DragCave-
StarWolf
Adult Cardinal

Post by StarWolf »

Aro'kai sounds pretty cool... but I can only imagine all the trolls from the whole good/bad thing. x.x I left FH for a bit(computer was being stupid and needed to be fixed) and never came back. When I finally attempted to, I couldnt. |: My computer just wouldnt let it run. Hopefully I can try out Aro'kai when it comes out.
http://tea-shell.deviantart.com/

InGame name: Esari or Starwolf
I respond to StarWolf/Star or Teashell/Tea