News

All other discussions.

Moderator: Kenya

Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

News

Post by Ragdoll »

Well, I have some news.

My sister was walking home, and she saw some kids kicking a box around in an alley. When they saw her, they ran, and she checked what was
in the box. A tiny kitten, probably a runt (Its probably the size of a 10 year olds palm), was in the box. Shes a female calico, and this is her first
night at our house. Any tips on helping her settle in?

One other problem.

I have a male orange tabby, and he isn't used to other cats. He left tonight and we are all worried he won't come back because of the kitten.
If he doesn't come back because of the kitten, we have to get rid of her. Any tips on getting him used to other cats?

Its kinda weird, because shes a female, but he just isn't too fond of other cats.

Now for an explanation to my inactivity.

I recently started riding lessons, but the horse I was riding was a very spunky pony :P
He reared and I fell on my arm. Yeah, I broke it D< This is only week 2, so I still have 4 weeks to go. I will try to stop by now and again, but I'm not sure,
seeing as its difficult to type :P
Image Image
Image Image
Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Re: News

Post by Scarikas »

That's horrible! How could any kid kick a kitten around like that!? That's just cruel!
I'm glad they ran like the stupid cowards they are, hurting something just because it's tiny and defenseless.
I AM A BANANA.
OFFICIAL FURSONA HERE (I'm finally going to stop changing it)
Click in your free time if you will! ^^
ImageImage
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

They're kids. Kids just get into trouble. That doesn't make it right, but come now, don't bash the kids either. Think of all the stupid things you've done that, at the time, you thought were good ideas. I've tortured my poor cat when I was little - colored her blue, cut her whiskers, pretty much sat on her (without crushing her, I assure you)... The only difference is that she somehow still loves me... *shrug*

If you want them to get along, then I think you're going to have to spend more than one day introducing them to each other. Maybe once a couple weeks go by, you can decide whether progress has been made or not, and choose what to do with the kitten? But it's like making a kid who's afraid of heights get over his fear in a day, or changing a preference you have about something in a day - unlikely, and difficult to do. You should introduce them slowly, and not rush things; not throw them in each other's faces.

Based off what you're saying - he's an outdoorish cat? Even if he disappears for a bit, you're inching your way closer to them getting along with each introduction. They both have to be comfortable with each other, both have to realize that there's no threat, and both need to take things at their own pace.

My dog, Tucker (chihuahua x jack russell), dislikes my sister's dog, Kiki (Cavashon: bichon frise x king charles cavalier). Tucker runs away from Kiki, but Kiki, being the playful puppy she is, chases after Tucker. Tucker settles it - momentarily - with a quick snap and bark/growl, but Kiki tends to chase her again. We do pick Kiki up again, to spare Tucker of the torture, just for the record. But I have noticed that in their second meeting, Tucker seemed to be getting better. She seemed more tolerant of Kiki, didn't snap as much, but it's still going to take time for her to fully accept Kiki and get used to her.
Artwork: Tumblr
Scarikas
Adult Cardinal

Post by Scarikas »

I may have squashed ants but kittens? NO WAY!

And by the way, put a fence up in a doorway or something and have each cat on the different side. Have two people on the opposite side too, each holding one cat. Then sit with them in your lap up to the fence and pet them and just let them stare at each other or something. I don't really know for sure, but SMPFilms has two boy kitties and did this with a fence and they absolutely love each other now. (in family cases)

It may not work for all cats though, I'm just giving a tip.
I AM A BANANA.
OFFICIAL FURSONA HERE (I'm finally going to stop changing it)
Click in your free time if you will! ^^
ImageImage
Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

I surely will try these, thank you all :)

And people just do stupid things, I saw a video where a bunch of kid threw a puppy, A PUPPY, off a cliff.
It cried until it hit the bottom, then they laughed :/

But yes, thanks for all the advice, now I just gotta find him...
Well, he is a bit of an outdoor cat, but that was in our old house, he would stay out for weeks, but since
we moved the longest he has stayed out is a night, and hes already gone longer than that, so we are worried...

Well, we found him :)

And Quagga, the second meeting was better, so thanks for that. I also am asking for name suggestions :)
I'll post a picture of her so you can see :D
Image Image
Image Image
wildchild
Cardinal Chick
Location: Right behind you and your in my way! Could you please move? Move please! MOVE MOVE MOOOOVE!

Post by wildchild »

Wow, I knwo kids do stupid things but that's kinda over board, AND THROWING A PUPPY OFF A CLIFF? that just goes beyond the limit....

Anyways, please do post a picture and good look with getting them used to eachother, also good luck with your riding lessons, I hope you continue them after your arm heals because I had a very very bad fall off a horse once and when I went back I was terrified for at least a month, but I'm glad I toughed it out, because although I can still get a little nervous when a horse seems a bit skittish or flightly, whatvever you want to call it, I still love riding. I'm just gonna say one thing that i really want to you to listen to if you do continue your lessons yet are scared like I was, Get On The Horse. Otherwise you're probably never getting on again for a very very long time if you don't, good luck and if you need any tips or anything wether it be riding or something else to do with horses, feel free to ask me :) (just don't ask about jumping coz I haven't got that far yet ddue to having to stop for a while when I was ridable - ponyless)
VOTE WILDCHILD FOR SHERRIF!

~May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favour...~

MagiStream Profile: http://magistream.com/user/CheyenneWarrior
animalguy888
Adult Gecko
Location: In the sky hunting for a hybrid between superman and bigfoot in an alternate universe

Post by animalguy888 »

Scarikas wrote:That's horrible! How could any kid kick a kitten around like that!? That's just cruel!
I'm glad they ran like the stupid cowards they are, hurting something just because it's tiny and defenseless.
Your it its horrible... a family friend of ours has eleven adopted kids...(well 10 now because of some issues that I really should not spread) one day the were playing in the yard and a large bulfrog in their negiborhood was being jabed in the eye with a stick by random people. The poor frog completly lost an eye! litarly the frogs eye was missing and fell off or somthing from the stick! their family steped in and rescued the frog. the fed him and cared for him and the give him a large tea cup to play with that the frog always sat him. They named him one eyed willy. The cared for the injured frog until it died of old age 4 or 5 years ago and man did that frog grow fast! It was what seemed lika foot. It was the largest frog I have ever seen. It was a bullfrog which are known to get huge compared to other frogs in the area! As for the cat Im not sure what to say. But getting rid of the kitten I do not think will help. If the kitten was in that situation its going to need all the help it can get. If it was abandoned and tortured by kids It should not have to go throught that all over again. No animal should.

"There is beauty in every Creature, Stone, and Plant. To find it you Just have to look for It."

Click here if you dare!...

Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

Yes, I think we'll keep her. She gets along great with my mom's baby, and she was touching noses with my other cat.
We think we are goanna name her Kush, but I'll still post a picture and take name suggestions :3
Image Image
Image Image
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

- just realized you said calico. CALICO <3
Yusss, I wanna see a pyctoor :DD
Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

Shes a little skittish of the camera, but I'll get one :D
Image Image
Image Image
SouthernStar
Adult Rabbit

Post by SouthernStar »

You could name her Molly, or maybe Clover because she's lucky she was found by you^^
For science!
Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

Those names actually fit her very well :3

She is very playful and curious, ears always perked and eyes always wide. She looks sort of like
a bobcat kit, her shape, not color. She has a bit of a tuft on her ears, and thick, strong legs.
Oh, did I mention she has the tiny tail a bobcat has? Shes very pretty, I have a picture also, let me upload :3
Image Image
Image Image
Ragdoll
Cardinal Chick

Post by Ragdoll »

Okay, things are coming along really well with the kitten. She is still nameless -hinthint- and is feeling much better.
She is almost rid of flees, thanks to dawn dish soap. However, there are still a few problems. She isn't weaned, she
is only, at most 3 and a half weeks, and she still cannot poop by herself, so it will be very difficult. I'm gonna do
some research, and any tips you guys have would be greatly appreciated :D <3

EDIT:

I gotta picture of kitty :3

Its a bad one though, shes got her face burried in the pillow :P
And if you can see, I compared her size to a webkinz bulldog. Tiny, right?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/82 ... 019yv.jpg/
Image Image
Image Image
Quagga
Baby Gecko

Post by Quagga »

Aww! Seems like she has quite a bit of white, compared to some of the calicos I see... reminds me of my cat, Spoogie...

I like the name Kush :O Like cushion, without the -ion?
Kalyca? Greek for rosebud, and an actual name. (KAH lee kah), though I think I say it more like... KAL-luh-kuh...
€hrysalisΨolfHer☼
Baby Gecko

Post by €hrysalisΨolfHer☼ »

Wow. I have a Webkinz bulldog. That's a tiny kitty! :D
Game Name: Moonstar
I used to be: Fursiemoon

Magistream-ImageImageImageImage
DragCave-